football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

world cup, i only remember ronnie's winking. kaka and messi were anonymous.

league form, well ronaldo was instrumental in winning utd the title. messi was brilliant for barca and kaka good for milan.

champs league... well kaka won milan the damn thing.

all 3 are brilliant young players but i'm not sure if any of them really deserve the top award. don't feel like they've dominated anything like previous winners have. last year's winner probably only won because of zidane's headbutt as well. this year's winner might owe a debt of gratitude to rafa benitez for a risky substitution. i kinda feel like the award is given out based on a process of elimination rather than merit.

world cup, i only remember ronnie's winking. kaka and messi were anonymous.

league form, well ronaldo was instrumental in winning utd the title. messi was brilliant for barca and kaka good for milan.

champs league... well kaka won milan the damn thing.

all 3 are brilliant young players but i'm not sure if any of them really deserve the top award. don't feel like they've dominated anything like previous winners have. last year's winner probably only won because of zidane's headbutt as well. this year's winner might owe a debt of gratitude to rafa benitez for a risky substitution. i kinda feel like the award is given out based on a process of elimination rather than merit.

Well, Kaka won it and he did it because he shined in the biggest competition and prize in europe. As for previous winners, Cannavaro was good with Juve and the World Cup but Juve turned out to be involved in match fixing and his Real Madrid form showed his earlier form have lots to do with who he plays with.

Well, Kaka won it and he did it because he shined in the biggest competition and prize in europe. As for previous winners, Cannavaro was good with Juve and the World Cup but Juve turned out to be involved in match fixing and his Real Madrid form showed his earlier form have lots to do with who he plays with.

To be fair Cannavaro and none of the Juve players actually had anything directly to do with the match fixing scandal. Juve general manager Luciano Moggi was the man who had influence of referees selected in Serie A.

Anyway I thought Spurs were supposed to be getting better? Is Younes Kaboul the new Jean-Alain Boumsong? Big transfer fees; found there way to the premiership via Auxerre; physical commanding; prone to errors that end up making them look completely shit.

To be fair Cannavaro and none of the Juve players actually had anything directly to do with the match fixing scandal. Juve general manager Luciano Moggi was the man who had influence of referees selected in Serie A.

Anyway I thought Spurs were supposed to be getting better? Is Younes Kaboul the new Jean-Alain Boumsong? Big transfer fees; found there way to the premiership via Auxerre; physical commanding; prone to errors that end up making them look completely shit.

Bramble for Wigan was even worse. Totally miskicked the ball. Kaboul at least challenged for it though it was a bad challenge. To lose to Birmingham for Spurs is bad. They shouldnt even settle for 1 point. These are the must get 3 points.

unfortunately, kaboul does belong in that category - i wish souness would get a job with a "big club" so he could pay us over the odds to take him off our hands. sadly, until we get a short-term experienced center back he's probably the second best we have.

the result was sunderland all over again but i'm more gutted at keano being out for 3 matches (including the league cup tie) and bale's injury - our two most in form players coming up on the most critical part of the season. though i guess we'll have a chance to see what bent is really made of.

Bramble for Wigan was even worse. Totally miskicked the ball. Kaboul at least challenged for it though it was a bad challenge. To lose to Birmingham for Spurs is bad. They shouldnt even settle for 1 point. These are the must get 3 points.

When Titus did that I was laughing so hard I missed the first half of that game. He's a legend to every Liverpool supporter, he brought smiles to us with every game he played against us and I'm so happy he's still playing in the premier league.

When Titus did that I was laughing so hard I missed the first half of that game. He's a legend to every Liverpool supporter, he brought smiles to us with every game he played against us and I'm so happy he's still playing in the premier league.

Actually he played much better after that. I wonder what Steve Bruce a top defender in his day was thinking after seeing that. With the revamped managers in the bottom clubs, I wonder who will survive relegation.

unfortunately, kaboul does belong in that category - i wish souness would get a job with a "big club" so he could pay us over the odds to take him off our hands. sadly, until we get a short-term experienced center back he's probably the second best we have.

the result was sunderland all over again but i'm more gutted at keano being out for 3 matches (including the league cup tie) and bale's injury - our two most in form players coming up on the most critical part of the season. though i guess we'll have a chance to see what bent is really made of.

Get Kakha Kaladze. AC is letting him go on a free transfer and Liverpool is in an internal turmoil. The downside? Spurs cant sell him because he is so old already.

Bale and Keane shines for Spurs. The rest like Malbranque and Dawson are forgettable squad players. Ramos got a long way to go especially since Sevilla refuse to sell any of their players to Spurs due to the bad blood.

not a problem with selling, we did the same thing with edgar davids who was a much needed experienced figure on the pitch once we let naybet go. malbranque is the best squad player we have, in the absence of a truly leftsided midfielder i'll take him. dawson can be immense but plays so much better with king besides him.

it's too depressing, really - based on squad there's no reason we should be around the relegation zone... are we england in disguise?

not a problem with selling, we did the same thing with edgar davids who was a much needed experienced figure on the pitch once we let naybet go. malbranque is the best squad player we have, in the absence of a truly leftsided midfielder i'll take him. dawson can be immense but plays so much better with king besides him.

it's too depressing, really - based on squad there's no reason we should be around the relegation zone... are we england in disguise?

Actually I was referring to Jol's complaints that Spurs are more keen on buying players to make a bundle than for the good for the team. Jol wanted better defenders instead he got Bent who Spurs will probably aim to make a bundle from some point in future.

They made tons from Carrick who is sort of out of favour in United now due to Anderson. Will he be the second Heinze.

Davids despite the pitbull rep didnt shine.

no question that commoli / levy's buying have been to the detriment to the club. you need someone experienced to hold the team together - davids may not have been the best on the pitch (esp after his injury) but he did bring in a winning mentality and some steel in the midfield (which is where our defensive woes start). as it is, keane is the only player of any real experience in our starting xi.

buying bent as an investment is a total joke, he'll never be a 20+ million pound forward - especially if he doesn't play. sometimes i wonder what kind of weird fantasy world levy lives in.

no question that commoli / levy's buying have been to the detriment to the club. you need someone experienced to hold the team together - davids may not have been the best on the pitch (esp after his injury) but he did bring in a winning mentality and some steel in the midfield (which is where our defensive woes start). as it is, keane is the only player of any real experience in our starting xi.

buying bent as an investment is a total joke, he'll never be a 20+ million pound forward - especially if he doesn't play. sometimes i wonder what kind of weird fantasy world levy lives in.

Hey you never know. SWP was sold for more than 20 million pounds.

And with Ronaldinho coming in, SWP could be sold to make way for him.

Who will pay 20 million pounds for SWP? Fergie and Wenger wont be interested.

Rafa and West Ham and Sven? Maybe but they wont spend so much.

82oRj2yaO3A

After this fancy move during the game in Peruvian league the players started a fight on the pitch which moved to the stands when fans followed. The ref stopped the game and ordered both teams to the locker rooms but the fans took it to the streets to finish the dance. So remember, never ass settle the ball :D

i players started a fight on the pitch which moved to the stands when fans followed. The ref stopped the game and ordered both teams to the locker rooms but the fans took it to the streets to finish the dance. So remember, never ass settle the ball :D

Is that true? That was a pretty sweet bit of skill. Beats the hell outta the step over.

First time for 3 months back on the (atro-turf) pitch on Sunday. Rustiness and general poor technique will prevent me from attempting anything quite so spectacular, so not to worry.

82oRj2yaO3A

After this fancy move during the game in Peruvian league the players started a fight on the pitch which moved to the stands when fans followed. The ref stopped the game and ordered both teams to the locker rooms but the fans took it to the streets to finish the dance. So remember, never ass settle the ball :D

The butttrap is a classic move. We had an entire practice testing the technique.

adi_DBeckham_Dec07_m1.jpg

There's a picture of the newest predator.I couldn't get the entire shoe.

Can anyone do the patw? I can't figure out how to go that fast.

Damn!

Funny both Arsenal and Liverpool surrendered their unbeaten records on the same day.

Arsenal played piss poor without Fabregas and were pumping long balls throughout.

Liverpool was worse. Rafa gave up and pulled his top players out halfway to save them for Marseille. And in a season, where the emphasis is on winning BPL, that is bound to anger more people.

I don't think capello will do shit for england if he becomes the manager

His pedigree speaks for itself. The quality of English players can also be seen in how they play in Champs League. There would be a difference depending on how supportive the FA, the clubs and the public are for him.

Why do you think that? I think he's a great coach and they could've done much worse with the selection.

Yup. Capello would be a boring coach and if he lose a few matches, people will scream for his head. But if he is kept as a coach in the long run, England could finally win something especially if he drills the players mentally to take penalty shootouts well.