football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Defoe was offered to Liverpool few times around the time we got Crouch and before we got Kuyt. I'm sure we weren't the only ones. I think Bent can still be useful, get rid of Defoe and promote some youngster (If you have one). 3 strikers like Berbatov, Keane and Bent are plenty for now.

Back line is another story, I wouldn't even know where to start. Whenever King is not playing (which is often) there is no leadership in that line. Spend even 10 million but get someone who can direct the whole back line.

By the way, in Poland we call Rasiak the "Wood" cause the balls just bounce off him. Whenever he plays for the national team most of the country turns off the tv cause it's a waste of electricity. We have whole websites of jokes about him, he's like Chuck Norris of Poland but not awesome.

At least you guys made the Euros ... 3 easy points from Austria too I guessing ... whatever happened to Emmanuel Olisadebe?

I think he's somewhere in Cyprus, probably injured. He caught a bad spell after World Cup 02 and never really fully recovered. he was a good player for Poland but that doesnt really mean much.

He introduced me to the fact that non-nationals could represent other countries even if they didn't want to turn out for ROI. Plus he was a Championship Manager legend ... must count for something.

Goal machine in his time ... rosey specks of the early noughties.

When he was playing in the league idiots were throwing bananas at him. He had it pretty tough, he was really sticking out in the team lineup during the national anthem. He was one of the best scorers we had in last 10 or so years and still did ok for Panathinaikos later on. He got a hot Polish wife out of the whole deal so I guess thats a plus.

Chelsea got their man, Anelka for 15m

Anelka has gotten a decent, consistant price everytime he's moved but considering this is Chelsea it doesn't really count ha.

Considering NIco cost Bolton 8 to 10 million and now sold for 15 mil. Thats another great deal. One down, another to go. Berbatov? End of the season, the likes of Kalou and Pizarro will go.

Watch how he scores a hat trick against Spurs tomorrow :D

Nah. Considering he just joined Chelsea and wont even have time to train with them, unlikely.

But the Spurs match is interesting. A team that cant defend vs a team whose strikers are either out or scoring blanks. I predict a draw with Berbs doing his best to let Chelsea know why they need him. Well, at least not let him play for Spurs and score against Chelsea.

...im a blues supporter and i think anelka's got the goods, but what do you all think about him potentially poisoning the clubhouse?

...i mean, there's something to be said about him playing for so many teams in his career...

Nah. Time is running out for Nico and if he flops at Chelsea at this age, he got problems landing a job at another big club. In fact, he have a good attitude at Bolton. What Polishmike said is true. If he gets benched, there will be a problem but from his first appearance, he already looks better than Pizarro. Which will mean he will probably play behind Drogba. And if Drogba leaves, Chelsea need not hit the panic button.

and he's never been sacked :D

Keegan is a man's man.

Anyone who offers to quit and do quit if he finds that he fails to meet his own lofty standards must be saluted. If he is a Japanese, you know he will be dead. Dead because he would have committed hara kiri for losing a match.

"I LUV IT" haha... i was laughing like hell when he was ranting on the telly. But if it brings attacking football to the league again like how he did in the 90's, then at least we got something to look forward to.

"I LUV IT" haha... i was laughing like hell when he was ranting on the telly. But if it brings attacking football to the league again like how he did in the 90's, then at least we got something to look forward to.

And you know he got the ammunition.

He will play 3 up front: Viduka, Owen & Martin

Duff and Smith will be expected to score too.

Hell, Barton wil score from his jail cell if Keegan have his way.

5-1!!!!!!!!!! We Beat The Scum 5-1, We Beat The Scum 5-1

I knew you must be ecstatic. At first I thought this was due to Senderos' bad defending but he was not even on the bench and other than Rosicky and Flamini, the Arsenal first team was there (Eboue and Toure away on ANC). This is also the first time Arsenal lost despite Adebayor scoring. And Spurs did it without Berbatov scoring. Keegan should swoop in with 30 million pounds and buy him now.

Getting Ramos seems to be a great idea now since he is the expert in winning cups. Moyes seems to be gearing up for Carling Cup as well, resting his key players after leading at Wigan. If Everton beats Chelsea, Spurs would have a bigger chance of lifting their first silverware since .... well, a long time.

FA Cup and Old Trafford beckons. Ramos rested Berbs, Keano and Lennon in 2nd Half and Man U were beaten by some ring a ding Saudi team. Would Man U be ripe for pickings?

thats funny shite, gallas having a go at bendtner, and wenger saying nothing happened after the match and that the game was unimportant. wenger is such a bad loser.

Didnt Wenger defend RVP who nailed another player in the head with his studs 2 seasons ago? Wenger said it wasnt dangerous. Anyway, he did put most of his big guns in unlike in the past. This must be the worst defeat inflicted on Gunners in a long time.

pompey have a pretty dangerous front line now; benjani, baros, utaka, kanu is pretty sick.

poor nugent though, he had potential. should've chosen sunderland over pompey.

We'll see how great is their front line against the stingiest back 2, Rio and Vidic in Old Trafford tonight.

We'll see how many goals they can score compared to Rooney, Tevez and soon to be 30 goals hero Ronaldo.

Fucking tedious wasn't it. Was supposed to get me through another day at the office but not a chance ... the Benjani/ Defoe mess is kinda crazy though ... nobody wants the poor Zimbabwean now. Will his X-thousand pounds a week keep him warm at night?

I really feel for him.