football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

A R S E N A L ! ! !

Unbelievable, i was positive that Milan was going to take that game...especially with their home record against English teams. I also believe that Milan suffered from Kaka's absence. Congrats to Arsenal!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Walcott came on and goals went in. Anyway good game. Thanks Arsenal, I don't think I could handle another final against Milan ;)

i didn't watch the game (school) but my dad said he didnt start. Guess he was completely wrong. Looking forward to watching the replay.

i didn't watch the game (school) but my dad said he didnt start. Guess he was completely wrong. Looking forward to watching the replay.

kaka played the whole game, but in a way, he was absent. he did absolutely nothing. pato probably had the best chances and he didn't do much with them either. arsenal should have had 1 or 2 the first half. cesc hit the post. eboue can't score to save his life. i'm sure if edurardo was there he would have came up with something.

i'm just glad cesc finished them off before the penalty kicks. i'm sure milan would have won on penalties being the home team and all. but, who knows?

Kalac was kinda poo wasnt he ... looked pretty slow for fabregas' effort that hit the bar and then even worse for his goal. Arsenal defintely deserved there win though. Passed and keep possession expertly.

arsenal should have had 1 or 2 the first half. cesc hit the post. eboue can't score to save his life. i'm sure if edurardo was there he would have came up with something.

by that measurement milan should have been up 1 or 2 in the first fifteen when it was like men against boys. would have done the trick considering how fragile ar5ena1 are in the cups this year.

all together now:

eduardo whoaaaaoh

eduardo whoaaaaoh

he used to have some skills

now he's heather mills

ok i feel better now ;)

by that measurement milan should have been up 1 or 2 in the first fifteen when it was like men against boys. would have done the trick considering how fragile ar5ena1 are in the cups this year.

all together now:

eduardo whoaaaaoh

eduardo whoaaaaoh

he used to have some skills

now he's heather mills

ok i feel better now ;)

rofl

Cant believe Arsenal did what Man Utd couldn't do. As a Man Utd fan If the final isnt Man Utd vs Arsenal then I think Arsenal will be in the finals and would probably win it.

Possible, doubt it though.

great results for both uk clubs tonight. hope they all get through and then miss each other in the quarters.. an all four english semi would be pretty cool.

Hmm, if Pool gets through, the opposition would be Barca (no Messi they would be easier to beat since Eto'o and Ronnie has dropped form), Fenerbache (full of lesser and past Brazillians), Schalke 04 (hard to beat away) and Roma (remember their 7-1 drubbing at Old Trafford), then an English semis would be plausible with Pool giving it their 100% attention.

Although everyone would still want to avoid Barca.

Hmm, if Pool gets through, the opposition would be Barca (no Messi they would be easier to beat since Eto'o and Ronnie has dropped form), Fenerbache (full of lesser and past Brazillians), Schalke 04 (hard to beat away) and Roma (remember their 7-1 drubbing at Old Trafford), then an English semis would be plausible with Pool giving it their 100% attention.

Although everyone would still want to avoid Barca.

Just so you know, teams from the same country or group can be drawn together from the quarter-finals onwards. So if my prayers will be answered Arsenal will Draw United and Chelsea will get Barcelona. But following the tradition I think Liverpool will get one of the last two if we qualify.

Just so you know, teams from the same country or group can be drawn together from the quarter-finals onwards. So if my prayers will be answered Arsenal will Draw United and Chelsea will get Barcelona. But following the tradition I think Liverpool will get one of the last two if we qualify.

Thanks for the clarification. Is the draw for Q finals on Friday?

I think Man U would be the team most teams wish to avoid. Great team and on form.

Chelsea - deep squad but bad manager and form not as good as Man U.

Arsenal: Potential injuries and burn out from BPL schedule.

Pool: 2 trick pony by the name of Torres and Gerrard. But shrewd manager for Europe although qualifying campaign is poor.

Inter: Goners. No point considering.

the draw is next week as the inter match was pushed back a week (i'm assuming due to police issues pertaining to two home matches at the san siro) and it would probably distract media coverage to announce the draw in advance. which is too bad because the return leg has snoozer written all over it and you can only randomly speculate so much (i'm not a trained member of the media).

it obviously depends on the draw but i am of the opinion that utd don't really have the nouse to make a legitimate challenge for the cl cup in the next few years. it pains me to admit it but i see arsenal as better suited for the task even though i suspect the wheels will come off at some point and they will get no silverware this season.

chelsea forget it. if it's another liverpool / chelsea pairing i'm going to shoot myself.

the draw is next week as the inter match was pushed back a week (i'm assuming due to police issues pertaining to two home matches at the san siro) and it would probably distract media coverage to announce the draw in advance. which is too bad because the return leg has snoozer written all over it and you can only randomly speculate so much (i'm not a trained member of the media).

it obviously depends on the draw but i am of the opinion that utd don't really have the nouse to make a legitimate challenge for the cl cup in the next few years. it pains me to admit it but i see arsenal as better suited for the task even though i suspect the wheels will come off at some point and they will get no silverware this season.

chelsea forget it. if it's another liverpool / chelsea pairing i'm going to shoot myself.

I doubt you can play San Siro one day after the other. The pitch would be totally knackered for the 2nd match. If there is no country protection, they can draw on Friday and let the Pool/Inter draw against another.

I wont be surprised if its Chelsea v Pool or Barca again in Quarters or Semis. I have a feeling Moscow's finals could feature one of the minnows like Fenerbache or Schalke.

I'm pretty sure they will draw tomorrow but I'm not 100% positive.

They don't do two matches in the same city one after another cause of safety and police concerns. It's just too much to have two groups of away fans to deal with. Same stuff happens when Liverpool and Everton are playing in Europe at the same time (though that doesn't happen too often :D )

I'm pretty sure they will draw tomorrow but I'm not 100% positive.

They don't do two matches in the same city one after another cause of safety and police concerns. It's just too much to have two groups of away fans to deal with. Same stuff happens when Liverpool and Everton are playing in Europe at the same time (though that doesn't happen too often :D )

Can they do 2 matches on the same pitch one day after the other. For sure, the pitch can be patched up in time.

It will be interesting to see Henry go back to play against Arsenal. Maybe he will be in for a rude awakening like Viera to find Arsenal has passed him by.

Man U v Barca will be nice too. A pity its Schalke and not Bayern playing.

Can they do 2 matches on the same pitch one day after the other. For sure, the pitch can be patched up in time.

Yes, that happens sometimes but not very often. Pitch can be easily replaced/repaired. It also happens in the stadiums that share the pitch with a rugby team.

Yes, that happens sometimes but not very often. Pitch can be easily replaced/repaired. It also happens in the stadiums that share the pitch with a rugby team.

I remembered some pitches so knackered after rugby, it cant be used for footie, even after a few days.

yeah they could but love that croatia dumped england out of euro 2008 at wembley with nfl stripings visible on the pitch. says so much about the world of sporting today, doesn't it?

draw is 3/14, you think i make this stuff up?

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=551134.html

wow. how on earth did they win? what a day for the underdogs.

I knew when Barnsley scored, Chelsea was sunk.

As if it isnt obvious by now, Grant cant cut it. If he cant win against Barnsley, how can he win BPL and Champs League?

Sure the pitch was bad and the goal was due to Cudicini's mistake in coming out but still you expect Chelsea toscore after putting Barnsley to intense pressure. Man U lost due to being unlucky. Chelsea lost because Grant and the players sucked. SWP and Bridge were simply not good enough.

I for one dont believe Drogba and Lampard both got injured. Grant should have just put them on the bench. The same 2 guys Jose always count on to bail his ass out of the fire.

Bet Abramovich is ruing the day he sacked Mourinho. If Jose was around, for sure, they would have matched last years success because they would have gotten the same 2 cups by now.

Fuck the FA cup is balls ...

I am so looking forward to a series of semi finals involving the likes of middlesborough, barnsley, portsmouth, and wba ...

'Romance' of the cup what a marketing ploy the bbc have got there ... shit teams playing shit football on shit pitches so they can half fill wembley for a semi final.

Fuck the FA cup is balls ...

I am so looking forward to a series of semi finals involving the likes of middlesborough, barnsley, portsmouth, and wba ...

'Romance' of the cup what a marketing ploy the bbc have got there ... shit teams playing shit football on shit pitches so they can half fill wembley for a semi final.

They should just use Millenium Stadium for Semis.

BTW if a lower div team wins FA Cup, does that mean they can go to Europe next season?

Ipswich got relegated from the premiership and kept their place in europe one time or other ... I dont know what would happen if a team that was in the lower leagues to begin with won the cup.