football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Everybody in France hate the French team. This team is an insult to the sport, should have never been to the World Cup in the first place. They don't care for the game and obviously dislike playing together.

The media are crucifying everybody right now, players, coach and the entire French Federation. Anelka is sent home early for insulting Domenech during the Mexico game half-time and will never play for France again. I hope the plane that brings the team back to France next week crashes.

The only good thing to come from this World Cup for France is the new coach replacing Domenech, who hopefully will reorganize a better group without Ribery, Govou, Henry and all the other worthless twats. The French team is going to suck for a while, but it can only get better at this point.

Reasons why teams are being so inconsistent:

1) Jabulani

2) Jabulani

3) Jabulani

4) Jabulani

fixed.

And someone needs to do some passing drills with Shrek and Jaberwocky ball. He couldn't control that ball at all. Hell many aren't, but that was bad. Real bad.

The coach of England needs to realize that you can't trot out the best lineup every time out - there has to be a synergy coming from players who can work with each other. Lampard and Gerrard, as shown in their play for the last few years, do not play well together at all in the center of the midfield. And Lennon and Wright-Phillips are too small and lack the strength and crossing ability to rule the flank. I would play a midfield of Carrick, Barry, Joe Cole and Gerrard with Rooney playing slightly behind Crouch. There's a lack of creativity in this team and in the English game itself, I don't know if personnel changes will really matter - they need some flare and some players who play like they actually care.

Edit: I also played with that ball for a short time - its so different than anything else. The ball itself is inconsistent in bounce, pace, flight, everything.

I'm sure 'coach' Capello appreciates your sage advice pal. Too small to play as a winger? What game do you think this is? The only thing more dull than watching this England team is having to suffer this kind of deeply incisive critical analysis, such an original mix of stating the fucking obvious and the wildly overstated. There's a general lack of creativity in the English game? Are you sure?

Also, on the ball: the argies don't seem too shy with it, even Diego can hit it flawlessly every time

The coach of England needs to realize that you can't trot out the best lineup every time out - there has to be a synergy coming from players who can work with each other. Lampard and Gerrard, as shown in their play for the last few years, do not play well together at all in the center of the midfield. And Lennon and Wright-Phillips are too small and lack the strength and crossing ability to rule the flank. I would play a midfield of Carrick, Barry, Joe Cole and Gerrard with Rooney playing slightly behind Crouch. There's a lack of creativity in this team and in the English game itself, I don't know if personnel changes will really matter - they need some flare and some players who play like they actually care.

Edit: I also played with that ball for a short time - its so different than anything else. The ball itself is inconsistent in bounce, pace, flight, everything.

I agree A LOT with you... except that I think they should still use Lennon... I don't understand why they put Joe Cole on the bench from the beginning... cannot agree more about Lampard and Gerrard and don't understand why they always leave Crouch until the last minutes when the players' morale already down and feel they can't win the game anyway... English team really need that fighting spirit!

The ball has slipped many times from many goalkeepers too... so you're right but I guess we can't really do anything about it...

Capello plays Lamps too deep imo, I'd personally play a 4-5-1, barry as holding midfield, Lamps as an AMC, Gerrard as a free role, Lennon on the right, Joe Cole on the left, Rooney up front alone. But the team would probably still lose.

And theyve been complaining about world cup balls every tournament as far as i remember

Capello plays Lamps too deep imo, I'd personally play a 4-5-1, barry as holding midfield, Lamps as an AMC, Gerrard as a free role, Lennon on the right, Joe Cole on the left, Rooney up front alone. But the team would probably still lose.

Totally agree with Mis on this one. That combo seems to be the best of what they got. Couldn't agree more on Lamps.

Also, on the ball: the argies don't seem too shy with it, even Diego can hit it flawlessly every time

err... did you see the same first match? Even Messi couldn't hold onto the ball. Let alone get his shot on target - a shot which is all about touch/finesse and not power, i.e. a shot that will NOT work if the equipment influences the shot too much.

And to compare Diego with anyone. smh.

If you noticed the Bundesliga/French league players were most comfortable with the ball... while EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc were fuckin unable to play with the ball.

Lets not get started on the referring shambles that's starting to emerge.

i just wish they wouldn't make a new fucking ball for every goddamn world cup so at least i wouldn't have to hear these shitty excuses every time a world cup pops up. makes no sense why a new ball is even fucking needed.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Not being funny but if a professional footballer can't kick any ball ever made in the world then they shouldn't be called professionals. Too many excuses again.

Valter Birsa scored a class goal against the yanks, he had no trouble shooting with it.

It's a round ball, what more do they need?