football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

easy tex, my point is that it means the group sucks - see also group B.

given that a team through with a negative goal differential means that there was no easy beats and the competition was interesting to the end.

then your comment fell off the line and straight into stupid.

at home the all whites remaining undefeated will be hailed as a small victory, given that they were written off by everyone. it is hard to celebrate when we didn't win a game.

it is hard to celebrate when we didn't win a game.
i don't think it's that hard. they could lose every match and it's still a great accomplishment just to go to the world cup. i have nothing but respect for them.

we all know that this italian team was shit, but to get that draw was just short of amazing. i think some people don't get the full weight of that result. it's a draw with fucking world champions, at the world cup! for a country that doesn't even have their own league. i'm still smiling just thinking about it.

well done all whites!

Honda freekick was a little lucky, wasn't hit with much power or swerve but the goalkeeper went the wrong way initially. Endo freekick was beautiful but the wall was very horribly placed. Third goal was fucking awesome. Kinda proud that the Asian teams are doing well apart from N Korea, who were honestly playing well against Portugal up till the 2nd half

i was LOLing when that guy came on the screen, really poor performance for the americans, minus about 15 or 20 minutes of the second half, ghana wanted it more, two poorly defended soft goals = they got what they had coming to them, i always root for them but you can't play like that and expect miracle goals to win it for you