football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Going to Barca will be a terrible career move for fabregas at this stage. We've seen so many instances in recent years where going to a bigger, higher playing effectively kills (for the time being) a player's club career - ballack to chelsea, deco to chelsea, podolski to bayern, kaka to real, benzema to real, owen to real, countless other players going to real, thierry to barcelona, etc. At his age, fabregas will benefit from being the captain of one of the better teams in europe under wenger than being the resident heir apparent to xavi on the best teams in europe. Xavi will be done in a few years as it stands, so I would much rather suggest that fabregas can make the move to his youth club when that happens. I pretty much see his thinking as senseless at this stage.

Torres is just out of form right now. He's just struggling with his touch and finishing, probably the result of his fairly long injury. He'll be back in form - its just unfortunate for a player of his stature to be playing so badly on the biggest stage. He'll be back and going soon - although I would be slightly concerned about his club position playing his peak years on a team clearly on the decline in talent, stability and prestige.

thanks didn't know what the dutch flag looked like....................................................

your joke sucked... but since you come from the 'dam it all makes sense.

look who's mr. sour grapes now that all his teams are out

hahahahahaha Brazil n' Argentina are still in it to win it! There's who I like personally - Chile - and then there's the ones I've bet on - Brazil n' Argentina. Was 8/8 in that last round :) get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid!