football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

after seeing the england game and highlights of the usa game, you have to say that they were both excellent excitng matches. i am a bit gutted we didnt top the group cos i believe it will be an easier route through the latter stages, but the usa were excellent today and fully deserve what they achieved. congrats and good luck.

congrats USA... but now England has to face Germany... doh! England has woken up at last... could see a much tighter defence... but still need Rooney to score... I'm not a huge fan of him but have to admit the match slowed down alot after he and Defoe taken off...

Germany has been consistently good... so a bit worried for England...

If 10 men australia can put up a fight against ghana im sure usa will do alright. Feel sad for the aussie guys they are kinda like usa, not that many skillful players but play with heart. If only they didn't get thrashed in the first game. Pim stuffed up the first game but mended his ways for the second.

My 2nd team is korea so hopefully they'll be able to cause a few headaches :P

at a certain point the numbers are worthless. When you need to win you either win or you don't. Id rather see someone go on with a negative goal differential and a win than someone with three draws.

easy tex, my point is that it means the group sucks - see also group B.

while i'm at it, i should mention that what you said is walking that fine line between clever and stupid