Pride FC and MMA

Haz

i've never been a kimbo promoter but i actually picked him over shamrock.

u can never count a puncher out but dude is truly a one trick pony at this point. poor guy needs to train seriously for about a year before he takes another fight. i think he knows how lucky he is to be here and doesn't want to be thought of as a joke.

I could do without either of them. Kimbo will most likely get smashed if he ever faces a heavyweight w/ good takedowns/grappling. Nothing against him at all, but i think he's a bit behind on the learning curve to be more than a very hard puncher w/ little to no ground game.

I'm sure Elite XC is giving his opponents huge bonuses if they keep the fights standing up, they have to give their cash cow some chance to win a fight after all.

Fight card announced for UFC 92, hopefully the biggest event of the year. It looks like a good belated X-Mas present.

Nogueira vs Mir

Griffin vs Evans (There's the title shot you guys were asking for)

Rampage vs Wandy

Okami vs Lister

bladaow!

I'm sure Elite XC is giving his opponents huge bonuses if they keep the fights standing up, they have to give their cash cow some chance to win a fight after all.

Fight card announced for UFC 92, hopefully the biggest event of the year. It looks like a good belated X-Mas present.

Nogueira vs Mir

Rampage vs Wandy

Okami vs Lister

bladaow!

Actually Gary Shaw is in deep shit right now with the athletic commission. They dont have outlined contractual bonuses for submissions, keeping a fight standing, or KO's. However Gary Shaw personally (I think) offered the guy 10 grand (or something) to keep the fight standing. Thats illegal.

Nogueira vs Mir

Rampage vs Wandy

Okami vs Lister

bladaow!

rampage goes down by some knees again.

Fedor/Arlovski is set for January 24 on Affliction's 2nd event.

Hope its true b/c I'll get tickets as a birthday present.

Thats the biggest waste of money ever if your reason for going is that fight. It's almost similar to going to see Tyson vs. Frazier. Arlovski would have gotten tapped by Roy Nelson if it wasnt for the ref. I'm not even going to mention his porcelain chin.

I love Arlovski though....just sayin.

Thats the biggest waste of money ever if your reason for going is that fight. It's almost similar to going to see Tyson vs. Frazier. Arlovski would have gotten tapped by Roy Nelson if it wasnt for the ref. I'm not even going to mention his porcelain chin.

I love Arlovski though....just sayin.

One of the reasons. Still need to see other fights. And I'm guessing it'll last longer than Fedor/Sylvia (saw that live) so it'll be worth $130.

i'm hoping jardine gets knocked out by vera.

i've never seen cote fight, predictions on how he'll do against silva?

i had high hopes on vera when he fought sylvia...lets hope vera can pull through this time around

Cote is a beast but he isn't in the same class as Anderson. He'll do as well as Anderson lets him. I have a feeling Cote will try to stand with him for the first round, take him down in the second then find himself tapping about 2 minutes in.

i can see this happening in the first round, either cote will shoot for a take down 2 minutes in then get submitted towards the 4 minute mark, or silva will get the clinch on ko by knees.

^ i think everyone was underwhelmed, which makes it good that it was a non-ppv. i like jardine and except for the bloody head in the beginining he looked good.

as for next week, you know how sometimes you just dont like someone for no reason at all, thats how i feel about koscheck. there is no reason why i dont like him, i just dont, but i hope alves ravages him

Of course winning is what counts, he def stuck to his gameplan of picking leben apart slowly like he said post fight.. But that doesn't mean it has to be that boring. Couture vs Ortiz went 5 rounds of Couture picking ortiz apart, holding/pinning him like 90% of the time..but it was exciting. I personally think Bisbing is a bit overrated even though he was one of my favorites on that season of TUF.

Anyone watch UFC 90?

- I'm glad that Hermes Franca won, he needed a win slightly more than Aurelio after two straight losses and the one year suspension.

- Junior dos Santos brutally knocked out Werdum, and Werdum was likely the #1 contender for the HW belt! That's GOTTA sting...now it's back to the chopping block for Werdum. However, I saw a video of dos Santos before the fight and his hands looked great, I wasn't surprised that he knocked out Werdum who came in pretty overweight. I probably should have placed a bet, many people made BANK on Santos...odds were like 6-1 or something similar... HW division is kinda lacking at the moment, but Luiz Cane is a guy to keep an eye out for.

- Thiago Alves is LEGIT. His takedown defense is excellent and he wasn't once on his back. Those leg kicks of his were axe-like and his stand-up is dynamic, very happy that he beat Koscheck.

- The ending to the Silva v. Cote fight was the worst thing that could possibly happen!!! Such a shame...I guess this means Silva only has 5 fights left in his contract until he retires, and each one is so precious. Only person left for him to fight at 185 is Yushin Okami. If he wins that, I'd like to see him have his remaining 4 fights at 205 to cement his legacy. If he is able to take out the 205'ers and maybe even win a belt, then he can retire as perhaps the greatest P4P fighter in MMA history...at least until BJ Penn takes the WW belt from GSP ;)

What did you guys think of the event?

I feel bad that Cote blew his shit out (gross?). He wasnt going to win that fight, Anderson was clearly playing with him, but still...you dont like to see a fighter go out like that.

Kos/Alves was amazing. Alves really is the truth. The best part was after the second eye poke you could see the fire in his eyes (it was right next to Kos's thumb) and you could almost see the very second he decided 'ok well if he's going to take out my eye IM GOING TO TAKE OUT HIS FUCKING LEG'.

Good stuff all around.

they didn't air the hermes franca fight over here. instead we saw gray maynard vs iforgotwhothefightwassoboring.

alves seems to be very legit and although his take down defense is great, id like to see how he does on the ground. hopefully he fights someone with even better take downs than koscheck... umm.. GSP?

silva has fought okami before and knocked his ass out with an illegal up kick-- that was years ago. personally, id rather see him fight bisbing.. who appears to be on his way up the ladder. cause yeah, bisbing his kinda boring, but i think anderson silva will make it a good fight.

they didn't air the hermes franca fight over here. instead we saw gray maynard vs iforgotwhothefightwassoboring.

alves seems to be very legit and although his take down defense is great, id like to see how he does on the ground. hopefully he fights someone with even better take downs than koscheck... umm.. GSP?

silva has fought okami before and knocked his ass out with an illegal up kick-- that was years ago. personally, id rather see him fight bisbing.. who appears to be on his way up the ladder. cause yeah, bisbing his kinda boring, but i think anderson silva will make it a good fight.

I don't think anyone has the wrestling credentials of Koscheck, only person I see who can trouble Alves is Fitch (who beat Alves a couple of years ago with an upkick) or GSP (who was taking down Koscheck at will). Alves just turned 25 and he looks exponentially better in EACH fight, so I think it'd be a different story against Fitch this time. He's such a young guy, but so very talented. I think Alves might have one more fight and take on the winner of Penn/GSP, as long as he doesn't lose that is. Maybe they'll have him fight Sanchez before that happens which would be entertaining.

Gray Maynard was dominating, but yeah, it wasn't aesthetically pleasing, that's for SURE. He's real dominant though, he took out Frankie Edgar and He's probably in the upper echelon of LW's in the UFC right now.

That's what I'm saying about Okami vs. Silva, it's the only fight left that makes sense, but we all know Silva was dominating him in there last fight. That's why I'd like to see Silva fight at 205 as he only has 5 fights left on his contract. It's much more appealing than Silva v. Okami or Bisping. I really like Bisping, he's well-spoken and a good guy, but he himself said he thinks he needs a couple more fights before he goes against Silva, and by the time that happens, Silva may be retired.

OH YEAH, I forgot to mention, Elite XC is out of business. It's a shame, as competition is always necessary to force the UFC to be at it's best and innovate, but Gary Shaw was an absolute cunt. I hear Kimbo Slice might be headed over to Japan...that Petruzelli fight really derailed the Kimbo hypetrain, but at least he raked in $500,000. Here's hoping that Affliction doesn't go out of business...