Pride FC and MMA

Haz

so many cringe at the mere mention of his name, i know. but does anyone realize how fucking obsessed joe rogan is with the gore factor of the fights whenever he's commentating? it seems like a good 60 percent of his bullshit pertains to the amount of blood and guts flying around the ring at any given moment. im presuming rogan has a thing for masochism in the bedroom perhaps.

mike goldberg: i truly incredible, technical nail-biter of a fight we have here

rogan: looks like griffin is bleeding out of that right eye...

mike: great takedown i think he's gonna shoot for the arm bar!

rogan: ...more blood just dripping and dripping every time he blinks awhh!

mike: theyre trading off near falls continually on the mat! brilliant left from griffin!

rogan: yeah, the mat! its slippery as oil right now from the blood! awh man the blood from his eye is gushing i can see a flap of skin hanging down oh wow!

mike: and griffin comes out with the incredible win by way of floor knockout!

rogan: BLOOD FUCK BLOOD FUCK MMMMMMM BY WAY OF SATAN'S GRACE I PRAY TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR MOAR BLOOD FUCKING, awh!

i like joe rogan. he is knowledgeable and entertaining, which is good, because I believe he is the "color" commentator.

a silva always seems a little smaller than the rest of the middleweights(not that it matters) and welterweight might be good for him(he proved himself at light heavy though), but him as a lightweight is wtffffffffffffffffff...seriously, that's way too much for him to go down and fighters have lots of trouble sometimes adjusting to one move, two full classes down would be stupid.

for him to drop weight to light cant be that bad and would be a nice card to the lightweight fights. penn cut a lot of weight but it might of made more sense for him because he needed the cardio.

• 4 weeks later...

*sigh*-- fighting another retiree...seriously have you seen that last fight of shamrock against tito?? tito picked his old ass and walked him clearly across the ring and worked him easily on the ground; im not saying kimbo will do the same but im tired of watching him fight guys who are out of their prime...

contrary this shit is pretty funny...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think Wandy has anything going for him these days besides pure aggressiveness. He's still my favorite fighter, but he's a last generation fighter. There are guys that are stronger than him and better at every aspect of MMA than him. Theres just nobody as ruthless as him in the ring.

I <3 you Wandy, but damn...I'm VERY excited to see what Rashad does.

Whats with all these kids on the internet angry at Rashad because he 'danced' around the ring. I noticed its the same douche bags that praise Machida (not that I dont not like Machida).

Theres a reason he wants you to call him Sugar. Prepare for the Evans reign.

Fuck that, his dance is hilarious/sick... I remember back when he was in the season series, Hughes hated him and refused to train him only because of that.

therashaddancejpgrn8.gif

I was hoping Chuck would win against Evans then Griffin. Wanderlei wins his next fight. Finally, Silva/Liddell II for the title, Silva winning by KO.

Rashad is set to face Griffin for the title belt and Rampage is close to signing on the dotted to face Wanderlie for the next winner of the title shot. I cant wait to see Rampage and Wanderlie go at it again.

sad to hear, he was a poineer to the sport. RIP

• 3 weeks later...
I thought about it, and I'm no longer angry at Kimbo. H'es putting in the work to be a real MMA fighter, its not his fault XC is using him as their cash cow.

I hope he does well, and I don't really care to see Ken Shamrock on my TV anymore, ever.

I could do without either of them. Kimbo will most likely get smashed if he ever faces a heavyweight w/ good takedowns/grappling. Nothing against him at all, but i think he's a bit behind on the learning curve to be more than a very hard puncher w/ little to no ground game.

as terrible! said, kimbo was rushing in cause that's all he fucking does, petruzelli backed up against the fence with a karate push back kick to keep him out and gave him and quick right to the temple/brow. kimbo looked like he had never been hit before, went down in a daze on all fours and didn't even fucking cover up, neck face or anything. after he was taking a pummeling, he turned on his back STILL not covering up or fighting back taking more pummeling and then the ref was like fuck this and stopped it

basically:

KIMBO - bad defense, didn't cover up, rushed in as he always does, got shocked he was on the ground, didn't know what to do, no experience

PETRUZELLI - 14 fights under his belt, defended kimbo's barrage w/ confidence and the key was the push back kick to glancing right hand blow. it didn't look that hard, but maybe kimbo is a little baby, might have hit him in the orbital/temple, which will rock anyone.