Pride FC and MMA

Haz

guess Rampage isnt taking losing the belt too well

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AlS_b0f27KoJjIeBvmYLTzw5nYcB?slug=ki-071508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Jackson arrested after police chase

By Kevin Iole and Dave Meltzer, Yahoo! Sports Jul 15, 7:37 pm

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage†Jackson was arrested and held on $25,000 bail following a traffic accident Tuesday afternoon in Costa Mesa, Calif.

According to Costa Mesa police Lt. Paul Dondero, an officer observed the 30-year old Jackson driving with a flat tire on his 2008 Ford F-350 pickup truck and talking on his cell phone (which recently became illegal while driving in Calif.) and attempted to pull him over.

Dondero said Jackson, a resident of Irvine, Calif., ignored the officer and continued driving with the officer in pursuit.

Police had received a report of a vehicle involved in a collision on the 55 Freeway in Costa Mesa, which struck other vehicles and fled the scene, Dondero said.

The chase continued with the vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, including at one point driving on the wrong side of the road and even on a sidewalk, scaring pedestrians.

Dondero said Jackson hit two cars at 19th Street and Newport Boulevard at 1:13 p.m., but failed to stop. He said a Costa Mesa police officer saw the truck near 17th Street and attempted to pull it over.

Jackson fled and hit at least one more car before the five-minute chase ended with his arrest, the lieutenant said.

The car continued to Newport Beach, where the tire blew out and came off the rim and he was taken into the Orange County Central jail. The fighter was charged with hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving.

UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon learning of the arrest and said he was driving to the county jail to post bail for Jackson.

The story was initially reported by the website TMZ.com, which has photos of Jackson lying face down on the street behind his truck, a 2008 Ford F-350 turbo diesel, as a police officer has his gun drawn and is pointing it at him.

Jackson won the UFC light heavyweight title by knocking out Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 on May 26, 2007. After a successful defense against Dan Henderson on Sept. 5, Jackson lost the belt to Forrest Griffin on a controversial decision at UFC 86 on July 5 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Jackson’s manager/trainer, Juanito Ibarra, did not immediately return phone calls.

They look exactly the same except she has green(blue?) eyes and long hair. How freeky...

You just implied that BJ Penn is hot.

(damn, his girl looks like jess alba but hotter. second hottest girl in a UFC audience, next to my future wife mandy moore)

Does anyone else feel bad whenever Tim Syliva loses? He's like a poor puppy you hate to see hurt. Always the underdog, never gets respect, but he fights on determined. :(

Impressed by the Affliction production, much less cheesy than I expected. Very PRIDEish. All they need now to be true contenders on top is Mandy Moore in the audience.

Yes, Fedor was amazing.

Arlovski fight was great. There wasn't a bad fight on the Affliction card.

Anderson Silva also impressive.

What about DREAM 5? Fuck me!

Dream 5 > Banned > UFN

glad Aoki lost.

38 seconds!

v5lmck.gif

here's the whole fight.

In my heart of hearts I wanted Tim to win and I honestly thought he had a punchers chance.

I'm an iiiiiiiiiidiot.

so many cringe at the mere mention of his name, i know. but does anyone realize how fucking obsessed joe rogan is with the gore factor of the fights whenever he's commentating? it seems like a good 60 percent of his bullshit pertains to the amount of blood and guts flying around the ring at any given moment. im presuming rogan has a thing for masochism in the bedroom perhaps.

mike goldberg: i truly incredible, technical nail-biter of a fight we have here

rogan: looks like griffin is bleeding out of that right eye...

mike: great takedown i think he's gonna shoot for the arm bar!

rogan: ...more blood just dripping and dripping every time he blinks awhh!

mike: theyre trading off near falls continually on the mat! brilliant left from griffin!

rogan: yeah, the mat! its slippery as oil right now from the blood! awh man the blood from his eye is gushing i can see a flap of skin hanging down oh wow!

mike: and griffin comes out with the incredible win by way of floor knockout!

rogan: BLOOD FUCK BLOOD FUCK MMMMMMM BY WAY OF SATAN'S GRACE I PRAY TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR MOAR BLOOD FUCKING, awh!

a silva always seems a little smaller than the rest of the middleweights(not that it matters) and welterweight might be good for him(he proved himself at light heavy though), but him as a lightweight is wtffffffffffffffffff...seriously, that's way too much for him to go down and fighters have lots of trouble sometimes adjusting to one move, two full classes down would be stupid.

A.Silva is huge for a middleweight, imo. He normally walks around 210+ and his jump to light heavyweight was a one time thing, for the moment that is. He wants his teammate Machida to win the title for that division.

According to rogan, he walks around at 220.