Pride FC and MMA

Haz

while it is true that past results are not a guarantee of future performance, i will stake all of my chips on Fedor until further notice. period.

and it is sore, like a sore limb. not soar, like a soaring eagle.

so yes, i am calling you out on spelling. again. it matters.

at least if you want to come across as intelligent.

MMA is not like the NFL or NBA. And it never will be.

Last i checked those are TEAM SPORTS. Find a better comparison.

Explain to me how an athelete being placed in physical danger is different from the NBA, the NFL, or MMA?

I would like to know how the risk of injury is different because one is not a team sport. Explain to me how its a smart business decision to allow Fedor to compete in any other competition that could result in him being injured to the point you are paying him for something he is unable to do. Second explain to me what team sports and individual sports have to do with an athlete in any given sport competing in another sport that puts him in harms way and might leave him unable to complete his job contract.

while it is true that past results are not a guarantee of future performance, i will stake all of my chips on Fedor until further notice. period.

Where did this even come from? Did anyone even dispute the result of Fedor vs. Lesnar? You are getting butthurt about something that wasnt even discussed.

Here is the bottom line. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just another Fedor fanboy with nothing intelligent to add. I give you two of the biggest reasons why he will never fight in the UFC and your answer is 'So what he's Fedor he'll beat EVERYONE!'.

Do you watch MMA or do you just skim through it? Fedor can be touched. It just so happens that nobody has been as well rounded and commanding in the ring as he has shown he is able to be. But, if you actually watch his fights you might have noticed there is one type of fighter that Fedor has consistently had trouble with. These fighters are all next level wrestlers.

Watch the Coleman fight, watch the Randleman bout, hell - did you watch him fight Fujita?

second of all, there is not a living person who could snap off a finger from Fedor, let alone a limb or multiple limbs.

if you declawed a bear and put him in the ring with Fedor that would be the closest thing to a fair fight i can think of...

You're a joke.

Watch the Coleman fight, watch the Randleman bout, hell - did you watch him fight Fujita?

You're a joke.

What was the result of these three bouts?

Armbar. Armbar. Rear naked. If wrestlers give him a problem how is he submitting these so called "next level" wrestlers?

Fujita landed an overhand right and not much else. Coleman gave him a little bit of trouble but did nothing with it. Randleman slammed him and gave away his arm.

2w2o9hh.gif

Goddamn.

Does anyone have a GIF of Lesnars knees to Randy?

i was watching this with my brother, i just kept telling him look at his face, hes out on his feet.

i completely missed teh first fight, teh maia one, was that any good?

but yeah, again, i was wrong. couture looked like couture out there but one that had not fought in over a year. i was expecting lesnar to fight teh exact fight he has been doing before, bell rings, 5 seconds later go for the takedown, the hammer fists, i guess i was underestimating him

overall good card.

What was the result of these three bouts?

Armbar. Armbar. Rear naked. If wrestlers give him a problem how is he submitting these so called "next level" wrestlers?

Fedor can be touched. It just so happens that nobody has been as well rounded and commanding in the ring as he has shown he is able to be.

Watch these fights again and tell me it was a cake walk like it was with nearly every other fighter he's gone against.

For some reason this discussion turned into terrible! thinks Fedor is a chump. He is quite clearly the best in the division but that doesnt mean he is invincible (like Anderson just might be.)

Can we get off of his nuts? Lets talk about him when he fights a real top 10 heavyweight. There are atleast 2 or 3 people that would give him a run for his money.

I'm a big fan of Couture and wanted him to win, but you can see Lesnar has improved. He's gotten over that Octagon shock and is a beast.

While I think he should have faced Nog first before getting his shot at Couture, I don't really see the big deal. Even though Anderson Silva had a previous record before going to the UFC, he got a title shot on his 2nd match. And considering Lesnar DID beat Couture, you can't really say he didn't deserve the shot in terms of skill or ability, and I think that's what Dana saw (as well as a bigger money draw of course).

As for Fedor, I'm a little tired of waiting around for him. I can understand people wanting him to get into the UFC, but I'm sure there's more to the story than just his camp wanting to compete in other arenas like sambo. UFC fighters are routinely competing in things like the Abu Dhabi championships, so I don't see how him competing in sambo is really a problem unless it's an organization where he would be under contract. That's probably where the conflict comes in.

Fedor has now been the PRIDE heavyweight champion for four years and I think we have earned the right to negotiate a contract that suits both parties. Instead we are faced with a blunt “you are either in or you’re out.” This does not really suit us. If the negotiations continue in a similar manner, we’ll prefer to fight for less money but with an organization which is more flexible.

The problem is that Fedor is the face of Combat Sambo in Russia. His popularity is at a level where he is acquainted with president Putin himself, in part because he is so successful and well known for Combat Sambo here.

Combat Sambo is a Russian sport that’s not at a level of difficulty of MMA, but is hugely popular with our public. Fedor must represent Russia in Combat Sambo and at world championships, specifically the ones coming up in September.

Or something I guess...

terrible! that's a pretty legit quote from fedor's manager and imo, fair as well. fedor's gotta take care of his kids first (russia) before he can go abroad

i am a couture fan as well, and although i love him to death, lesnar did win it fair and square

only problem is dana white always fuckin says, we don't go the freakshow route like other organizations (ala kimbo slice/butterbean/bob sapp) yet he puts lesnar up to fight couture immediately after 2 wins. lesnar did win, and was pretty humble about winning which i liked, but yeah, he shoulda at LEAST fought the winner of mir noriega before fighting randy

only problem is dana white always fuckin says, we don't go the freakshow route like other organizations (ala kimbo slice/butterbean/bob sapp) yet he puts lesnar up to fight couture immediately after 2 wins. lesnar did win, and was pretty humble about winning which i liked, but yeah, he shoulda at LEAST fought the winner of mir noriega before fighting randy

Brock has the legitimate athletic background that kimbo never had (D1 wrestler) and began training with Greg Nelson and American Top Team for almost 2 years before he made his UFC debut.

They pitted Brock against some seasoned fighters before his shot. Kimbo face has been Tank abbott who still thinks its 1993. Personally and in the opinion of many people, it's much easier to have wrestling as a base (or JJ) and transition to MMA than it is to be a striker, especially one with no real training like Kimbo. Even though Kimbo was training with Bas, he's much more amateurish than what people think Brock is just because he's had such few fights.

Like I said in my last post, I think brock should have faced Nog first. But they gave Silva a shot at a title after he beat Leben, his first match inthe UFC. And he did beat randy, so you can't say he didn't have the skill or is a freakshow-just-for-show fighter. Kimbo lost to a UFC has been that was a weight class below him. Brocks legit

I think the difference between Lesnar getting a title shot so early and Anderson Silva is that Silva was a seasoned MMA competitor (15 wins before entering the UFC).

I'm thinking that Big Nog is going to beat Mir and then it'll be Lesnar vs. Big Nog for the title.

Lesnar legitimately beat Randy, but i honestly don't see him getting past Big Nog. He is definitely a powerful wrestler and hits hard, but Nog has a brick for a head and great BJJ skills, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

thats the beauty of MMA

pretty much anyone can win on a given night and certain people, no matter how unbeatable they look, there is usually someone who has their number

but right now anderson silva looks pretty unstoppable....but who knows

quoted for truth, freedom, and mma way.

Indeed. I'm not sure who on the active UFC roster could stop him right now at his weight class. Although A. Silva v. GSP would be a hell of a fight.

As a side note, some folks i was watching the last PPV with were commenting on his pink sweater, most agreed the only way they'd tell him was from the safety of a hot-air balloon :D

14xpgk3.jpg

haha those brazilians march to a different drummer....

a. silva made a guest appearance on the ultiamte fighter show...and just watching him train for a few seconds, he is just so smooth and fluid...his kicks with those long skinny ass legs....

silva vs gsp would be great...i'd still have to give it to silva at this point but wtf do i know....

that said, both are in their prime and i cant see gsp moving up in weight class or silva moving down right now.

GSP can move up in weight easilly and Silva just moved up in weight so it wont be difficult for him to drop down a weight class.

I think GSP/Silva will probably happen within the next year if he beats BJ.

yeah i realized Silva moved up in class after i wrote that

cant count BJ out either, but GSP v Silva would be tits

Dana White's already said that he's open to GSP moving up in weight to fight Anderson. He's also said that even though he knows he'd want to, there's no way that he'll let BJ move up to fight him.

That would be in my open weight dream matches UFC card that would also include Uriah Faber v. Kimbo :D

Great article on sherdog.com today about Fedor eyeing Lesnar.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/fedor-and-co-target-lesnar-15219

For those too lazy to read

Basically says Fedor v Randy fight kept falling through because they wanted the fight to be co-promoted by M-1 Global, but UFC wasn't having that. I can see why it's not really in their best interest, M-1 is trying to ride along with the UFC name to get themselves out there. The next Fedor fight v Arlowski with Afliction is co-promoted by M-1.

Fedor also talks about how he'd rather fight Lesnar cause he's become friends with Randy and says "I’m never as interested in getting in the ring with someone I have an emotional attachment to." (no homo)

He also gave props to Lesnar and says he's a smart fighter and that he paced the fight well.

That tells me that Fedor IS an emotional fighter, though everyone says opposite. He's calm to be sure, but emotional. Maybe he has that genetic disorder that disables your fight/flight response mechanism. Very interesting.

I loved competing against friends more than someone i didnt like, or didnt know.

I actually missed out on UFC 91 and watched the event on my computer the next day, it's nice to see that the UFC showed all 9 fights to the people who bought the PPV. It was definitely a solid show, especially for Lesnar; he earned $450,000 in his win over Couture! Good for him, let's see how he does in his next fight. By the way, here are some gifs:

mkvdbn.gif

^ That reverse armbar was beautiful! Hazelett won submission of the night honors two consecutive times, that's an extra $150,000 right there! He's only 22 and always improving, hoping he continues to climb up the rankings. That Evan Tanner tribute beard was a nice touch, too.

2qsyo2c.gif

WANDERLEI FUCKIN' SILVA!!!!! This was probably my favorite part of the event, reminded me of the vicious Silva who dominated PRIDE. While I like Rampage, I'm hoping that Silva beats him convincingly. It's a loaded division, so it'll be interesting to see just how much Silva has left and if he can make another run at a title. Make it 3/3!!!!

Speaking of which, UFC 92 is going to be on December 27th, it's gonna be STACKED!

- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria (interim HW title) vs. Frank Mir

- Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans (LHW title)

- Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson

- Yushin Okami and Ryo Chonan are also gonna be on the card fighting (not each other)

So, who do you guys have for Nogueria vs. Mir? Winner of that fight is probably going to face Lesnar to become undisputed HW champ. Should be a good fight, I think it will be more competitive than most people think.