Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Well if he was on a 3 fight deal he gets 3 fights, that's the whole point of a contract. If he's on a 3 fight deal though I suspect they'll just feed him to someone they're trying to build up.

there are alot of caluses in the contracts and they can cut you at anytime for a bunch of different reasons, like poor performance. heres jon fitch talking about his contract

“I had two fights left on my contract, but they always put a clause in the contract that if you lose a fight, they’re able to release you at any time after a loss,†Fitch told “Sports Rage†host Garbriel Morency. “That’s pretty standard with any organization, but it’s pretty incredible that they’d go to those lengths for something like this, over a video game.â€

so no matter what sort of deal he signed, he lost so they could cut him

Some really good fights, but Affliction really needs to get their presentation together, Tito is the worst commentator/interviewer ever. It was funny that the whole crowd booed him every time he was in the ring doing interviews.

AA looked liked he was doing pretty well against Fedor though, landed some good shots, but was having some problems in the clinch and he should've known better than to rush him.

Barnett needs to lern how to submit someone from the mount, everytime he tried he got reversed. I'd like to see him fight Fedor, but i don't think he's got much of a chance against him.

tito had some pretty funny ones

"give a hand to Renato Babalu, one of the greatest light heavyweights, of the night."

"vitor is 131 years old"

"now if you were a bird, this is what you would be seeing right now"

they should have had bas there too, him and tito would have made it hilarious

AA got knocked the fuck out, no surprise.

And ya, AA got a couple of shots in the first round but nothing spectacular. If anything he was just keepin Fedor on bay.

The knock out was interesting....AA had momentum and looked like he ran into an invisible wall.....wheres the KO gif?

sucks to see jens lose again too

i dont really watch wec too often so i dont remember the commentators name, but when the dude said to jens 'do you think you are still relevant in this division' jens looked fucking crushed. that was rough

i dont really watch wec too often so i dont remember the commentators name, but when the dude said to jens 'do you think you are still relevant in this division' jens looked fucking crushed. that was rough

that guy was an ass but i like seeing the emotion from jens. i hope he gets a few more wins on his way out.

i would love to see him make a run at the dream or sengoku featherweight gp's starting in march.

RIP Helio Gracie - the Father of Jiu Jitsu and the Grandfather of all Vale Tudo/MMA/UFC

"Helio Gracie, the father of Gracie jiu-jitsu, is dead at the age of 95. Gracie passed in his sleep early Thursday in Itaipaiva, Rio de Janeiro, after he had been admitted to a local hospital a few days prior for stomach problems.

“He passed the way he always wanted to –- quick and fast,” said an immediate relative, who asked not to be identified. The relative said Gracie’s body would be buried on Thursday.

The youngest of Cesalina and Gastao Gracie’s eight children, he learned traditional jiu-jitsu by watching his brother, Carlos, teach it, but his small frame made it difficult for him to execute the moves. As a result, he adapted techniques to fit his limited physical ability and gave rise to modern-day Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

His impact on the sport of mixed martial arts was profound. His son, Rorion, was credited with developing the concept that became the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and another of his sons, Royce, won the first two UFC tournaments in 1993 and 1994. Two other sons, Rickson and Royler, also competed in MMA."

Gracie%20Clan.jpg

RIP Helio Gracie - the Father of Jiu Jitsu and the Grandfather of all Vale Tudo/MMA/UFC

"Helio Gracie, the father of Gracie jiu-jitsu, is dead at the age of 95. Gracie passed in his sleep early Thursday in Itaipaiva, Rio de Janeiro, after he had been admitted to a local hospital a few days prior for stomach problems.

“He passed the way he always wanted to –- quick and fast,†said an immediate relative, who asked not to be identified. The relative said Gracie’s body would be buried on Thursday.

The youngest of Cesalina and Gastao Gracie’s eight children, he learned traditional jiu-jitsu by watching his brother, Carlos, teach it, but his small frame made it difficult for him to execute the moves. As a result, he adapted techniques to fit his limited physical ability and gave rise to modern-day Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

His impact on the sport of mixed martial arts was profound. His son, Rorion, was credited with developing the concept that became the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and another of his sons, Royce, won the first two UFC tournaments in 1993 and 1994. Two other sons, Rickson and Royler, also competed in MMA."

Gracie%20Clan.jpg

damn thats sad

i met him once, nice guy

shit that's sad. I'm bummed that Gomi also can't remember how to win :(

it's going to be a great card tonight!

i'm really hoping there are some quick wins so they'll air fitch v. gono

diaz may have a hard time with someone as relentless as guida.

machida v. silva should be interesting, if silva figures out a way to push the pace while still engaging machida he could win it, but i think machida's going to take this one. hopefully the winner gets a shot at rashad.

the main event should be amazing, i'm pulling for penn, but either way it's going to be awesome.

damn gsp worked bj, he needs to stay at 155

94 was good overall

jon jones was awesome, too bad he gassed at the end, i loved watchin him just ragdoll bonnar and toss him all over the place. kickass entrance song too, havent heard that song in years.

lyoto is the future, i hope he gets the shot now