Pride FC and MMA

Haz

i think it's more the way the ref tried to stop it, let it go, then stopped it that's the problem.

Definitely looks like Nover was out for a split second, but by the time the fight was actually stopped, he was with it enough to try and sweep the guy and stand up.

exactly, it's a shame to see him all worn out looking and shit now, if this was pride shogun machida would really be in for a fight.

man i know, shogun from pride was such a badass he needs to get back on the juice or something watching him now is just depressing

man i know, shogun from pride was such a badass he needs to get back on the juice or something watching him now is just depressing

Why is it depressing? He's won two in a row. Yes, he should have finished Coleman early. But he got a tko over Chuck when the majority thought Chuck would win. And he looked good in that fight. Btw, its kind of difficult to work on cardio when you're coming off an injury and two surgeries.

Why is it depressing? He's won two in a row. Yes, he should have finished Coleman early. But he got a tko over Chuck when the majority thought Chuck would win. And he looked good in that fight. Btw, its kind of difficult to work on cardio when you're coming off an injury and two surgeries.

shogun looked like he was gonna pass out against coleman. he looked better in the chuck fight, but still not like his old self to me atleast.

i know hes had injury problems, but thats a shit excuse, if your not 100% then dont come back. i honestly doubt hes hurting for cash or anything

Guest nondskrpt
Refer to my last sentence on previous post.

and trust me, I've seen all his fights. I started watching MMA because of Pride. Not "Ultimate Fighting".

oh and:

fu4395.jpg

Anyone else going?

Personally I'd rather see an Arlovski rematch. He was the only one who stood a decent chance of stopping Fedor.

If you think that Andre stands a better chance than Barnettu-chan, who has a the wrestling, the submissions, and most noteably, the CHIN to stand up against Fedor, then you're smoking the most dank of herbs. And, i would like for you to share with me those herbs.

Thank you.

Guest nondskrpt

I have to agree with you on most of those points.

I just don't think Fedor is going to lose it on the ground. He'll will plow through Barnett like he's plowed through the rest. Andre was doing alright with stand up against Fedor until he got over eager. I know he's been criticized for having a weak chin, which is a valid point, but the dude pretty much jumped head first into the fist of one the hardest punchers in MMA. I guess all I'm getting at is that I would've liked to have seen that fight go the distance.

I can agree with that, but the more I watch the fight the more im convinced that he really wasnt doing as well as we might have initially thought. I think that Fedor was just being patient, as usuaul, and it paid off, as usual.

I'm not 100% convinced that Fedor would submitt Barnett, either. But, thats what makes this fight so awesome. There's a chance for each person to win on every level.

i guess there is going to be black on black on black crime since Kimbo is going partake in the next TUF with Rampage and Evans as coaches. but if he ends up winning it all im going to be super skeptical and maybe call a WWE on the UFC

Barnett is overrated IMO. Yvel had no ground game, Rizzo's been real bad over the last couple of years. He was a beast during the OW GP though. His sub defence is siiiick. The only way I can see Barnett winning is via a lucky punch. No way in hell that he'll pound out a victory, or get a sub.

I'd rather see Fedor fight one of the really big UFC dudes like Carwin or Cock Chestner. I would love to see Fedor slap an armbar on Brock from full guard, or some sort of mid-air knockout.

Even though PFP is nothing more than personal opinion, I'd still like to know who you think is.

couldnt agree more. especially when there are three guys at the top that are all debatable. silva, fedor, and gsp. im a gsp fan all the way and have to admit that the fluke loss to serra does kinda move him to the bottom of the list of the three, but arguments can be made for all three of them.

Well I'd say that GSP is a better fighter than Fedor if you take out the weight advantage for one thing, i'd say that I think Anderson Silva (when he WANTS to fight) is a better fighter, I think BJ Penn is also a better fighter when he's mentally there too. Fedors main positive attribute is his KO power, something that he probably wouldn't retain if he was 20-30kg lighter.

pfp is so ridiculous, fedor is the best period. everyone gets compared to fedor for a reason, hes the fucking goat, pfp rankings only exist so the ufc can try to claim they have the best in the world fighting in their org

hes never been heel hooked or triangled and hes never lost to both matt's, but he has fought freaks that outweigh him by a shitload and he's fought the best fighters in the world in their prime while they were juicing in pride

pfp is so ridiculous, Sakuraba is the best period. everyone gets compared to Sakuraba for a reason, hes the fucking goat, pfp rankings only exist so the ufc can try to claim they have the best in the world fighting in their org

hes never been heel hooked or triangled and hes never lost to both matt's, but he has fought freaks that outweigh him by a shitload and he's fought the best fighters in the world in their prime while they were juicing in pride

I feel you on that.