Pride FC and MMA

Haz

sorry, no one really cares about wec, sorry. sakuuuu. now there was a man with god-like jujitsu

You must be stoned.

brown v. faber 2?

obv. faber....brown got lucky?

You too must be stoned. Brown is the real deal and will do work on Faber.

Well I'd say that GSP is a better fighter than Fedor if you take out the weight advantage for one thing, i'd say that I think Anderson Silva (when he WANTS to fight) is a better fighter, I think BJ Penn is also a better fighter when he's mentally there too. Fedors main positive attribute is his KO power, something that he probably wouldn't retain if he was 20-30kg lighter.

Fair enough.

But his KO power? Really? He has only won two fights by KO (not same as TKO) and about 53% by submission. I would say his main attribute is his ability to transition so well.

Without his punching power there are plenty of submission fighters that would beat Fedor IMO, so his punching power is his main attribute that wins him fights. Take away his submissions and I don't think he loses a standup fight with anyone in his weight class though.

He may not have knockout power, but his stand up is very strong. See close-ups of the Arlovski fight, and he deflected most of his punches. A lot of fights end with Fedor knocking someone down and just SUBing them, like Sylvia, can't think of any off the top of my head.

oh he's not p4p, that stuff is stupid. I love the bullshit sherdog puts up like; bj v fedor or bj v anderson etc. All that speculation is funny garbage. Fedor's good, but he's got less than a year left before he should retire.

Andre has the glassiest chin P4P. In future version of Punchout, Glass Joe will be replaced with Andre Arlovski.

Coleman/Whitehead was the worst fight in MMA history. Coleman was clearly gassed when the ref asked him if he was ready before the match began. This is not so much an insult to Coleman as it is to whitehead.

When did Joe Riggs become Anderson Silva? He pulled that off with two broken hands, and the flu. The guy is in recovery from painkiller addiction so he probably on absolutely 0 meds to kill the pain, too.

Nate Diaz is the best fighter ever. If the fight would have gone on for 5 rounds he would have literally thrown 1000 punches. I have no idea how he does damage with those punches, but I guess for every 10 taps theres 1 power shot. 397 punches thrown. Yeah. 397.

Jake Shields submitted a guy widely expected to KO him and he did so within minutes. This is exactly why i love mixed martial arts.

Never has an event been so bad and so good at the same time.

Totally agree. Strikeforce is putting some pretty good fights together. Seems like Diaz is hitting a lot harder than he has in the past.

Barnett was right about Arlovski, he shouldn't have been moving straight back with a guy like that.

I'm not looking forward to Carrano fighting Cyborg, that's going to be ugly.

god i wish i had remembered that this was on today, im just now trying to find streams of fights and have only watched 2 of them

im a huge diaz fan, so i was hoping he would fight his traditional style and he did and it was good.

there is absolutely no reason behind this but i dont like lawler, if you asked me why i couldnt tell you a reason. so watching this fight going 'damn shields looks so nervous' then him winning was kinda awesome

now back to trying to find the rest of this event.

I watched it live...

But just to motivate you to find it, the event included: 3 second Ko's, 135'ers scrapping like theres no tomorow, a flying triangle, and Faber putting up an epic fight against Brown with 1 hand. Throwing no punches, just using elbows.

Right after his fight, Cro-Cop confirmed that he had signed a 3 fight deal w/ DREAM, i'd like to see him stay in the UFC, but i'm kind of glad to see Dana White get screwed for once.

Wandy's comments at the end of the fight were great.

I was pretty faded by then but something to the effect of the fight being a victory for him and the fans, and that he does everything for the fans and he thanked them so much for all of their support.

That doesn't really do it justice though.

tuf finale kinda sucked, but sanchez vs guida was good

wtf vitor back in the ufc? i hope he loses to jorge at affliction 3

This season of TUF sucked in general. I don't know why, I guess the personalities I didn't care for, and not enough good drama at the house. Yeah, it's really about the fighting, but it IS a reality show. My favorite still has to be BJ vs Pulver season.

I must say, Clay "The Neanderthal" Guida is a beast.

He was getting pulverized with uppercuts, and those elbows to the head were br00tal.

I give the dude mad credit for taking so much punishment, but he really needs to improve his stand up.

ps, I can see Belfort being 'vitorious' in the UFC again. He's fawkin' huge.

guidas got heart, but hes so boring, i like watching him get beat though. hes got that weak gnp where its just punches in bunches with no power.

is vitor signed, or are they working on it? i would assume theyll wait until after the jorge fight, cuz if he loses then why bring him in.

im hyped for season 10 of tuf. kimbos peck flex was epic on the commercial. i hope kimbo and roy nelson become bff, the ghetto black dude and the redneck with the beer belly, rating are gonna be through the roof.

Shaub, one of the 4 ex-nfl guys sounds like he'll be a good prospect. He trains w/ Carwin @ Greg Jackson's camp, Golden Gloves boxer, and has good bjj.

On another note, Strikeforce was on Friday night. Gurgel actually looked alright in his fight, and they had their first women's match w/ 5 minute rounds.

Guida needs to work on his...everything except wrestling, not that he's a bad fighter by any means, but if he wants a title shot he needs to tools to finish the top guy @ lw.