Pride FC and MMA

Haz

As for Fedor, watch his fight against HMC (7'2, 330 lbs). If Lesnar tries to use his weight against (Fedor), he will likely be submitted in similar fashion.

HMC is a bumbling idiot. Fedor gets mad love in Korea. Probably more so than HMC and that speaks volumes.

Are you drunk? You had no arguments why he wasnt top 3 PFP. Also, did you just say my argument that he is regarded by a majority of the MMA world (writers and fighters) as top 3 PFP a weak one? Seriously?

So your opinion matter more then top 10 fighters in the world? Because you just said it didnt matter what they said, yet your opinion counted as fact he wasnt top PFP.

Fedor's strenght is his transitions from striking, clinch, takedown, gnp and submissions. Not his striking by itself.

Regarding the 'there are plenty of submission fighters that would beat Fedor' did you by any chance watch his fights agains Big Nog?

Here are som fun facts why Fedor is the king of MMA

- Record 30 - 1 - 0 (that one loss isnt legit but the record will never be changed)

- Finishing 76% of his opponents

- 22 victories in the first round

- 4 victories in the first minute

- 12 victories in the first 2 minutes

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

- Never been knocked down

- Losing ONE round in his entire career.

- Being the fighter that gets hit the least of all top fighters - Machida being 2nd

- Dont cut weight. Smaller then the opponent in almost all of his fights.

That are some of my arguments.

Right, let me spell it out for you. Firstly, get some reading comprehension skills, what I ACTUALLY said was, take away his striking and there are plenty of submission fighters who would beat him. My point being that his main strength is his powerful striking. I'll use Nog as an example as you seem to think this proves he's the best. In both their fights, Fedor dominated Nog with his powerful striking. Not with his accurate striking, not by taking Nog down, not by submission. Because of Fedors power, he was able to nearly knock Nog out whilst sitting in his guard even. Without that power, there's a very good chance that Nog could have got a sub and won that fight.

Take a look at GSP for someone who is all round an amazing fighter. Bring Fedor down to GSPs weight and I will guarantee that Fedor doesn't win. GSP has better, more technical striking on the feet whilst still having KO power, he has better takedowns and takedown defence, better holdowns and control from the top and better subs from the bottom. A lot of Fedors power comes from being a heavyweight.

What a lot of people are unable to seperate, is a fighter who will probably beat every opponent he comes up against, with a fighter who is P4P the best. I'll use BJJ as an example here. Roger Gracie is the most dominant BJJ player there has ever been. He submits everyone he comes up against and wins his division and the open weight division. He is however, NOT the best P4P. That would probably fall to someone like Marcelo Garcia, a small guy. If Roger wasn't a heavyweight, he would definitely be winning his division but it's unlikely he'd be winning the open weight division.

Now, let's go through some of your "fun facts"

- Record 30 - 1 - 0 (that one loss isnt legit but the record will never be changed)

There are some good people he's beaten, but there are also a lot of scrubs in there. At the moment he seems content to avoid entering the UFC (for whatever reason). I suspect that you haven't watched all his fights BTW, I've seen every single one.

- Finishing 76% of his opponents

Stats like this mean nothing, you need to look at the actual fights. Before he started fighting in Pride, he was known as a dangerous fighter but he wasn't considered the best heavyweight by any means. Look at the actual fights.

- 22 victories in the first round

- 4 victories in the first minute

- 12 victories in the first 2 minutes

- Never lost a decision.

- Never been sub'd

- Never been knocked out

- Never been knocked down

Now you're tripping, and showing your ignorance again. Go watch his fight against Kazuyuki Fujita and tell me he's never been knocked down. Like I say, i've seen ALL of his fights, I don't think you have.

- Losing ONE round in his entire career.

Have you seen all the score cards for all his fights then?

- Being the fighter that gets hit the least of all top fighters - Machida being 2nd

He gets hit little, because people are scared of his striking. It's like how wrestlers are able to strike well because they aren't scared of being taken down. One skill informs all the other skills. His striking skill has helped him stuff takedowns against people who don't have amazing takedowns too, but hasn't stopped him being taken down numerous times (and quite easily) by the wrestlers he's faced (Fujita, Randleman, Coleman etc - all took him down easily.)

- Dont cut weight. Smaller then the opponent in almost all of his fights.

This means nothing, he's a heavyweight for fucks sake. Many heavyweights don't have to cut weight.

I'll sum it all up for you here. He'd beat nearly everyone put in front of him in an open weight tournament - I'm not doubting that. But he's a heavyweight. Fighters have natural weights that they're happy at and competitive at, Fedors is heavyweight. He's not a fighter that could move up or down a weight category and win fights. Move him up to superheavyweight and he wouldn't be winning, move him down in weight and he wouldn't be winning either. It's been shown numerous times that moving down in weight always means losing some of your power and is game relies SO heavily on being able to either knock people out or overwhelm them with his power in his G&P that they're unable to use their gameplan. I'll use Nog as an example again. He stopped Nog taking him down but not through his takedown defence, mainly through hitting him so hard when he tried to take him down that Nog couldn't manage to follow through. He stopped Nog from subbing him from his guard, not through his amazing submission defence, but through hitting him VERY hard. Harder that anyone else is able to do from in their guard.

I just noticed I didn't specifically address your "arguments" at the top.

"You had no arguments why he wasnt top 3 PFP. Also, did you just say my argument that he is regarded by a majority of the MMA world (writers and fighters) as top 3 PFP a weak one? Seriously?"

Again, you've gone from saying he's the best P4P to saying he's top 3. Tell me where i've said I don't think he's top 3. My argument was that he's not THE best P4P. I'm willing to let people say top 3. And I said that your argument that "everyone says he's the best" is not an argument. We're not talking about a fact here, we're talking about an opinion. You don't convince someone of your position by saying "but everyone says it's true". For one thing, not everyone believes he's the best P4P, there are dissenting voices. Until this post, you hadn't given YOUR reasons why you believed this.

"So your opinion matter more then top 10 fighters in the world? Because you just said it didnt matter what they said, yet your opinion counted as fact he wasnt top PFP."

Show me where the top 10 fighters in the world say Fedor is the best P4P. I've never heard about them saying that. BTW, do you want to pick a position and stick with it please? Top P4P or top 3 P4P, it's hard to argue against a position if you keep changing it...

"Fedor's strenght is his transitions from striking, clinch, takedown, gnp and submissions. Not his striking by itself. "

Wrong. It's not his transitions, how the fuck do his transitions win fights for him? Fedor wins fights by beating people around the head until they're too scared/beaten to do anything back. His submission wins have been against people who lack submissions of their own, whilst his KO wins have often been against good strikers. He's able to stop submission fighters from implementing their gameplan by beating them up, not because his submission defence is amazing. His submission defence IS his striking. He's not someone to do a technical defence to an armbar, he's someone to smack you upside the head while both your arms are occupied holding one of his.

Show me where the top 10 fighters in the world say Fedor is the best P4P. I've never heard about them saying that. BTW, do you want to pick a position and stick with it please? Top P4P or top 3 P4P, it's hard to argue against a position if you keep changing it...

shogun says so and gsp tries to at 2:15

40kDJsw8dwU

Well that's 2, but i'll be honest, I take GSPs as him being modest, he's one of the least likely toblow his own trumpet. Was watching UFC top 100 fights earlier and they kept trumpeting Silva as the best P4P so that's another that doesn't think Fedor is #1

Well that's 2, but i'll be honest, I take GSPs as him being modest, he's one of the least likely toblow his own trumpet. Was watching UFC top 100 fights earlier and they kept trumpeting Silva as the best P4P so that's another that doesn't think Fedor is #1

the ufc was saying the fighter that fights in their org was the best? isn't that a little biased?

silva got triangled by a guy who was fucking 4-7-1 and he was supposed to smash and got heel hooked by chonan how can he be the best when he has been dominated twice

Take a look at GSP for someone who is all round an amazing fighter. Bring Fedor down to GSPs weight and I will guarantee that Fedor doesn't win. GSP has better, more technical striking on the feet whilst still having KO power, he has better takedowns and takedown defence, better holdowns and control from the top and better subs from the bottom. A lot of Fedors power comes from being a heavyweight.

Fedor doesn't have to be technical. His looping punches have proven to be very devastating and seem to work. And GSP would most likely take him down then what? Fedor is constantly working and looking for that submission. And most of the times, he gets it. BTW how does GSP have KO power? He has yet to knock someone out.

Stats like this mean nothing, you need to look at the actual fights. Before he started fighting in Pride, he was known as a dangerous fighter but he wasn't considered the best heavyweight by any means. Look at the actual fights.

They don't mean everything but you can't say they mean "nothing". And why would he be considered the best HW before fighting in a major organization? Every fighter has to prove himself.

Now you're tripping, and showing your ignorance again. Go watch his fight against Kazuyuki Fujita and tell me he's never been knocked down. Like I say, i've seen ALL of his fights, I don't think you have.

He's never been knocked down. He was rocked, tied Fujita up. Then Fujita got a takedown.

He gets hit little, because people are scared of his striking.

That should say something about his striking then. lol Haven't seen the Randleman fight or Coleman fights in a while so I can't say whether or not they took him down easily.

This means nothing, he's a heavyweight for fucks sake. Many heavyweights don't have to cut weight.

Its true though, he doesn't cut weight. Yet Silva and GSP both do. Of course Silva has moved up. But if GSP is so great, why not move up 15 lbs? Especially now that he's cleared the WW division.

Guest nondskrpt

fucking surreal, i litterally just read that article. picked the magazine/paper up in the lobby of my building cause it had an MMA fighter on the front (who I later realized is glam rocker Robin Black). Didn't realize it was actually a gay magazine til I started reading the article.

I'm hoping that UFC at least takes some of the better Affliction fighters. It has yet to be seen if Strikeforce has the bankroll to take over many of the top names from Affliction's contracts. Fedor is obviously the goal for UFC, but i could definitely see him going back to Japan to DREAM for a bit instead.

Some friends and I were thinking the latter. Barnett got booted from UFC and stripped of the HW title back in '02 for the same reason, after that it was a forgone conclusion that he'd never fight for them again. I say let Lesnar fight Aleksander first, he's got great ground skills, is bigger than Fedor, and is primarily a boxer. Unfortunately, there's that whole hep-c thing going against him.

wondering what the press conferences will bring. Fedor 2day and UFC friday.

Fedor - Lesnar, well i am afraid Big dog Lesnar has a change. He surprised me how he handled Mir on the ground from side control. Kesting has a very nice breakdown of Lesnar's side control.

But than again Fedor is.................................Fedor.

Guest nondskrpt

That fight would make Dana White so much fucking money it's ridiculous. If Fedor were to take it I think he would have to do it by submission, cause Brock would most likely take the fight to the ground and try and do his smother/hammer fist thing.

does anyone really think he'll get to the ufc though?

i don't know whats so bad about copromoting with m1:

1) send all the tuf outcasts as an "american team" for m1 shows

2)toss some m1 logos on the octagon for a few years

3)have some red devil/m1 fighters on some of the cards

4)do a ufc ppv from russia with fedor, mousasi, and crocop on the card

People are always getting on Penn's case about his conditioning and I think this fight could definitely go to a decision. Do you think he is going to be able to go the whole fight? I posted earlier I think he is going to win but it does seem like he gets tired in his fights.

I think fighting at his natural weight, the stakes of the fight, and his focus on conditioning he'll be able to go five rounds. I don't see the fight lasting that long though, i feel like they are both going to try their best to finish the fight early in a spectacular manner.