waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

waywt 061.jpg

henrik vibskov

fred perry

cut offs

pierre hardy

Thanks for posting up the pic but would you please explain to me why you look better in it? I can see that maybe the cardigan doesn't go as well with the Indy boots but I guess I'm missing the nuances of the fit. No hate, but to me, you look like you're wearing your baby brother's sweater. I always thought that cardigans looked better on slimmer / leaner body types.

Maybe I should wear a shirt underneath?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Like I said, still learning about fashion and discovering my own style. Cheers.

Thanks for posting up the pic but would you please explain to me why you look better in it? I can see that maybe the cardigan doesn't go as well with the Indy boots but I guess I'm missing the nuances of the fit. No hate, but to me, you look like you're wearing your baby brother's sweater. I always thought that cardigans looked better on slimmer / leaner body types.

Maybe I should wear a shirt underneath?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Like I said, still learning about fashion and discovering my own style. Cheers.

the problem with your fit is that it lacks maturity and experience. it seems that you have some money to throw around--i mean throw away--by the labels that you choose but it comes off as mindless consumerism because you have no sense of coordination, aka style. this is underscored by the homo thug pose + tasteless tattoo you so proudly display. mixing vibskov with alden is label perpetration, to borrow a term coined by OMC, because they appeal to entirely different demographics and have antithetical aesthetic sensibilities. get it?

Guest jmatsu
there is a girl diamonds. diamonds is pretty like a girl. should put make up on him and offer him up to the fashunz gods.
Everytime i look at diamonds pics i think "if we were in jail I would totally rape the shit out of him".

10character

...mixing vibskov with alden is label perpetration, to borrow a term coined by OMC, because they appeal to entirely different demographics and have antithetical aesthetic sensibilities. get it?

How does this relate to the adoption of Dior Homme by streetwear aficionados?

Fred Perry, Sperry, Lacoste, Polo have all apparently been freed of their earlier demographic connotations.

How can new styles be created if one is bound by traditions/old definitions?

Who decides what rules can be broken, and by whom?

the problem with your fit is that it lacks maturity and experience. it seems that you have some money to throw around--i mean throw away--by the labels that you choose but it comes off as mindless consumerism because you have no sense of coordination, aka style. this is underscored by the homo thug pose + tasteless tattoo you so proudly display. mixing vibskov with alden is label perpetration, to borrow a term coined by OMC, because they appeal to entirely different demographics and have antithetical aesthetic sensibilities. get it?

Thanks for that. Finally someone's said something constructive that will help me define my sense of style.

As for the "homo thug" pose, I was just fucking around but I'm learning that such things aren't appreciated (even if it was done as a joke) on SuFu.

Lastly, that tattoo represents my late wife's name over my heart and her angel wings soaring to the heavens. I had everything done in the style of the Hawaiian fish hooks, a symbol of strength and unity (I live in Hawaii btw). This was done shortly after she was murdered. While I appreciate your honesty and respect your opinion, I disagree that it's tasteless.

Jmatsu- I'm not 100%sold on the fit of the shirt with the skinny jeans. Don't get me wrong, i think the april 77s fit pretty good and the combo with the high top sneaks isn't my thing but i can appreciate it. I also think that a lot of crap you take for "lol fat thighs" is because of your angles. Having the camera on the ground angled up like that makes you look bigger, plus your poses aren't always the best. I think if you find a higher place to set up your camera or have someone else take the picture for you at a normal angle it'll look better. You're still a bit stiff like you have to freeze when taking a picture in a military stance. Setting up a self timer for an action shot might help as well (if taken from a better angle). Overall, most of your stuff is pretty decent, but i think your tshirt fits are off at times. The one today looks a bit blousey. Not that playing with proportions doesn't work, but it just seems off in the body and in the arms, but then again you're pretty rigid in the pic so it's hard to tell.

Lowrider- I'm not a big "supermeaningful tatoo" guy as i don't see the connection between getting a tatoo (something with a "badass connotation) and something meaningful like a death. My friend has a tatoo representing his late grandmother who practically raised him but i still think it's stupid. I also think that every other street kid with a tatoo about their buddy who died and having giant angel wings is kinda dumb. Something sentimental doesn't make it look better, but i guess i'm just not a big tatoo guy and i am really sorry to hear about the story behind the tat. Truly terrible stuff. On the outfit, i really don't think that cardigan looked good on its own with no undershirt. I disagree about all the brand mixing being a terrible thing if it's done right. I remember kids in middle school giving people shit for combining adidas/and 1/nike/reebok together. That being said, for some reason i'm not feeling the combination of clothing items and i actually like jeans with dressier shoes. The tones just don't seem to go together. You could probably find similar pieces and make the outfit work, but i think those 3 items would be best used in different outfits.

Fred Perry, Sperry, Lacoste, Polo have all apparently been freed of their earlier demographic connotations.

Your logic is hard to refute. I have so much to learn!

i get where you're argument is coming from. polo has the "streetwear" ideal because of lo lifes, obviously. but why? because it was a big fucking status symbol. same goes for lacoste but to a lesser extent since they weren't as good at branding. clarks too. fred perry is a british thing but mod was all about dressing "cool" and well, so quality mattered. from what i understand, fred perry was considered better quality than lacoste. same reason crombie coats were tops.

Guest jmatsu

Lastly, that tattoo represents my late wife's name over my heart and her angel wings soaring to the heavens. I had everything done in the style of the Hawaiian fish hooks, a symbol of strength and unity (I live in Hawaii btw). This was done shortly after she was murdered. While I appreciate your honesty and respect your opinion, I disagree that it's tasteless.

sorry to hear about your wife, but just because something has meaning doesn't automatically make it tasteful. i.e. commerative car decals. i think the problem was mainly due to your barechested pose. no hate here either!

thanks for your comments, but i just don't care enough to put forth an effort in photography. no hate.

Placing the camera a foot or two higher really isn't effort that'd make you seem like a loser for trying superhard for waywt photos. It's not like it takes any effort or time to place the camera a bit higher and not stand at attention. I know you welcome people trying to step to you and your outfits, but i don't see the harm in just being smarter about it. To each his own though.

Thanks for the constructive criticisms jmatsu and chronoaug. Other than understanding fashion demographics, I also have a hard time since I am colour blind and live alone (so I don't have someone to help me coordinate on a daily basis).

But this forum is educational so at least I have that!

Guest jmatsu
Placing the camera a foot or two higher really isn't effort that'd make you seem like a loser for trying superhard for waywt photos. It's not like it takes any effort or time to place the camera a bit higher and not stand at attention. I know you welcome people trying to step to you and your outfits, but i don't see the harm in just being smarter about it. To each his own though.

no, dont get me wrong. i appreciate your input. i'm just super lazy...maybe i'll give it a go...

what you say is so very obvious, but off point. i am not calling for fashionistas to be in a prepetual state label-bondage or for certain labels not to evolve. but i dont think it qualifies as evolution when a label floods the mass market with contrived and arbitrarily "new styles". fred perry and lacoste come to mind for i don't like most of their newer designs. being "freed" in your sense of the word means giving in to the wanton demands of the mass market, and in my opinion this is worse and not better.

what i was getting at is that it is easy to identify a novice consumer by their poor coordination and vice versa: smart consumers who know about fashion and the history of labels dress smartly. to analyze the elements of lowrider's fit, one notices a pixelated pigs face woven into the unnaturally bright white finely knit cotton--a very modern/futuristic garment necessarily machine manufactured. his alden shoes however were a more natural cigar brown tone and of a more traditional composition. as a general rule, it is safe to say that certain labels just do not pair well together. for example, i do not think dior homme denim looks good on hypebeasters due to their oversizing, even though they are probably the largest consumer group of the 21cm range.

Guest jmatsu

+++ Gap. 19CM-MIJ. Purcell.

IMG_5877.jpg

Bye.

what mega mall do you shop at? or do you just work at one?

this ensemble isn't truly horrible, but i really don't get the point of posting basically the same outifit (subsituting a piece or so) every single day that you know people are gonna hate on.

is cornedbeef your idol or something...(you're almost there)? dude at least wear some supreme or some shit.