waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Guest jmatsu
mm...misread. still applies. hey, i have no worries for you, jmatsu. you're gonna be some savior/victim relationship addict's dream some day.

so you let "nice guys" sodomize u? good 2 know!

very simple. if i like it, and i can afford it, i'll buy it. i'm not a baller and am not trying to front like one. i don't consider it a waste of funds since it's something that brings me joy. plus, if i don't sacrifice anything to buy what i want, then i'm not missing out on anything - no harm, no foul, no waste of funds.

well, it's simple in my mind...

where is the joy in failure.

Your problem most likely is that you never had style when you were young and poor. That's when you can afford to learn from mistakes like this and really develop a good sense of dress. But you're already a grown man and should be able to dress like one. You have enough money to buy fancy shit but have no aesthetic faculty influencing your consumption other than your naive subconscious impulses. How can one be simultaneously attracted to Self-Edge denim and Carol Christian Poell, wear the two together, or utter those names in the same breath? Only in lowrider land does this logic make sense.

Guest jmatsu

Your problem most likely is that you never had style when you were young and poor. That's when you can afford to learn from mistakes like this and really develop a good sense of dress. But you're already a grown man and should be able to dress like one. You have enough money to buy fancy shit but have no aesthetic faculty influencing your consumption other than your naive subconscious impulses. How can one be simultaneously attracted to Self-Edge denim and Carol Christian Poell, wear the two together, or utter those names in the same breath? Only in lowrider land does this logic make sense.

agree. you were able to accomplish very eloquently much of my sentiments.

lowrider, mal is basically saying you shop like a biiaatch.

Guest jmatsu
Don't you guys already have an entire dedicated thread for these discussions already?

which one u talking about? lowrider or cutebuttdeadly

this is not an argument i can win since i'm posting on a fashion forum and it's really not worth my time anymore to try and explain myself. let's just agree to call it lowrider land logic.

mal - i see your point and apologize for offending your refined sense of style with my aesthetic bastardizing of brands.

can we move on now?

this is not an argument i can win since i'm posting on a fashion forum and it's really not worth my time anymore to try and explain myself. let's just agree to call it lowrider land logic.

mal - i see your point and apologize for offending your refined sense of style with my aesthetic bastardizing of brands.

can we move on now?

Its not the subject matter that makes this argument un-winnable, but your general mentality and tacit ideology. Your consumption habits depend on outsourced thought. You don't care about really knowing what makes a designer significant, just the fact that he/she is significant. And that is sufficient for you to like it. We could be talking about any subject: food, film, music, etc. The general mechanics of all these cultures is essentially the same.

Guest jmatsu
Its not the subject matter that makes this argument un-winnable, but your general mentality and tacit ideology. Your consumption habits depend on outsourced thought. You don't care about really knowing what makes a designer significant, just the fact that he/she is significant. And that is sufficient for you to like it. We could be talking about any subject: food, film, music, etc. The general mechanics of all these cultures is essentially the same.

i asked him what kinda music he liked, but he never got back 2 me...:(

really man? christ, i got my BA in english and i don't feel the need to write like you on a fashion forum. your post above reminded me of the most quoted lines in macbeth "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." taken out of context of the play and applied here, it makes a lot of sense.

you use big words but your logic is tragically flawed. i'll save you mental anguish of trying to figure out why.

you're attempting to make 2 points in your post. first, that my consumption habits depend on outsourced thought. you're assuming that i only care about sufu approved designers. significant / insignificant designers, i don't really care. like i said previously, if i found shit that i like - and i'll be more to the point now - at walmart or target, i'd buy it and many a time, i have. i just don't care that much about it.

second, that my approach to fashion and my uninformed procurement of garments applies to my overall mentality. you're taking a single topic, one that's barely a blip on my radar but is obviously your earth and sky and how you define yourself and are trying to say that the "general mechanics" apply? have we've ever discussed anything other than fashion? actually have we ever communicated prior to this? no... so let me simplify this for you with this example: i see you eating a salad and assume that you're a tree hugging vegan. must be true right?

this is not the argument of a smart man.

btw, you sound a lot like robideaux...

i asked him what kinda music he liked, but he never got back 2 me...:(

omg... okay, right now, i'm listening to "teach me tonight" by dinah washington. i'm re-reading yasunari kawabata's "snow country" before i go to bed if you want to know.

happy now?

really man? christ, i got my BA in english and i don't feel the need to write like you on a fashion forum. your post above reminded me of the most quoted lines in macbeth "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." taken out of context of the play and applied here, it makes a lot of sense.

you use big words but your logic is tragically flawed. i'll save you mental anguish of trying to figure out why.

you're attempting to make 2 points in your post. first, that my consumption habits depend on outsourced thought. you're assuming that i only care about sufu approved designers. significant / insignificant designers, i don't really care. like i said previously, if i found shit that i like - and i'll be more to the point now - at walmart or target, i'd buy it and many a time, i have. i just don't care that much about it.

second, that my approach to fashion and my uninformed procurement of garments applies to my overall mentality. you're taking a single topic, one that's barely a blip on my radar but is obviously your earth and sky and how you define yourself and are trying to say that the "general mechanics" apply? have we've ever discussed anything other than fashion? actually have we ever communicated prior to this? no... so let me simplify this for you with this example: i see you eating a salad and assume that you're a tree hugging vegan. must be true right?

this is not the argument of a smart man.

This scenario is nothing like inferring from one salad meal that a person is a vegan. There is clearly a pattern of incoherence in the way you dress. HVibskov + alden indys the first time we've exchanged words years ago to Self Edge + carol christian poell most recently. You obviously do not consider how a piece will fit in with the rest of your wardrobe. You consume in insular categories and boast that your process is something simple: see, like, buy. This fragmented approach is the reason that despite having a some nice individual pieces nothing comes together properly. The historical evidence and your rationale speaks volumes. I think its pretty safe to assume a thing or two about your ideology, your metaphysics, or that your taste in music must be just as confused and superficially ecclectic with no unifying criteria behind it.

The "general mechanics" I speak of is well supported by a phenomena known as "transfer of principle," or simply being able to apply the abstract knowledge gained in one field onto another, finding isomorphisms across seemingly disparate phenomena. If you had good taste in lit or were skilled at literary analysis I would assume you would be able to grasp the rules of the fashion game a bit easier. But the level of superficiality with which you treat it implies that you were probably not that great with lit either. sorry for you :(

But I see through this defense mechanism, this I'm above it all because I don't care dismissal. If you truly didn't care about the legitimacy of your purchases or the correctness of your style how would you find yourself here in the first place, participating like you do. Chance? If you're not trying to please anyone or prove anything why continue posting, Inertia?

Keep on dressing and living in contradiction. My logic remains flawless.

so wen someone posts up waywt and lacks brand synergy

we say "that's so lowrider" now.

or paging milspex

I would hope that anyone dropping that much $$$$$ would appreciate poell and be confident enough to pull it off. otherwise it's a waste of buttery goodness leather.

This scenario is nothing like inferring from one salad meal that a person is a vegan. There is clearly a pattern of incoherence in the way you dress. HVibskov + alden indys the first time we've exchanged words years ago to Self Edge + carol christian poell most recently. You obviously do not consider how a piece will fit in with the rest of your wardrobe. You consume in insular categories and boast that your process is something simple: see, like, buy. This fragmented approach is the reason that despite having a some nice individual pieces nothing comes together properly. The historical evidence and your rationale speaks volumes. I think its pretty safe to assume a thing or two about your ideology, your metaphysics, or that your taste in music must be just as confused and superficially ecclectic with no unifying criteria behind it.

The "general mechanics" I speak of is well supported by a phenomena known as "transfer of principle," or simply being able to apply the abstract knowledge gained in one field onto another, finding isomorphisms across seemingly disparate phenomena. If you had good taste in lit or were skilled at literary analysis I would assume you would be able to grasp the rules of the fashion game a bit easier. But the level of superficiality with which you treat it implies that you were probably not that great with lit either. sorry for you :(

But I see through this defense mechanism, this I'm above it all because I don't care dismissal. If you truly didn't care about the legitimacy of your purchases or the correctness of your style how would you find yourself here in the first place, participating like you do. Chance? If you're not trying to please anyone or prove anything why continue posting, Inertia?

Keep on dressing and living in contradiction. My logic remains flawless.

Ah shit! It is Robi. All right, you win - check your PM.

What a load of crap. Sounds like sz.

Guest jmatsu
What a load of crap. Sounds like sz.

yeah and next time i go eat sushi imma tell them to replace the wasabi with peanut butter!

what u have just done is basically bent over, spread your buns, and wrote "rape me" over the orphussy. why?

explain yourself at bit more, jmatsu, like you normally do. I'm not good at sexual metaphors.

Malaestetique, my comment was even before I read what you wrote after that, when you started to use some newly and, alas, too freshly acquired knowledge from some book or other, to prove scientifically why certain jeans don't go together with certain jackets.

I envy how orderly everything fits into your world.

EDIT Jmatsu, can't + rep you for the word orphussy.

and btw, jmatsu, to use your first metaphor, which is more up my alley (haha): that is a rather strong example you're giving, but the principle is called fusion cuisine. For culinary discussion forums, it is a lot more interesting than the 1000th description of how to make lasagne Bolognese according to the exact rules.