waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

no offense 2 u solistik

but the US streetwear game is getting stale n crusty. no one wears anything interesting anymore - mostly cause everyone is wearin the same thing. i swear everyone wears those structures. everyone wears supreme t-shirts. no one wears anything unless it gets some invisible stamp of e-approval.

why i stopped looking at streetwear wdywts

Jack, no offense to you cause you my dude

but this was a pointless post

yea, a lot of ppl's styles have changed and evolved, but some chose to not change. So what if he rocks supreme and nike? I doubt my dude Sol really gives a shit what the hypebeast uniform is.

Just cause you (and myself) and a few others have changed their style a bit doesn't mean everybody should.

But whatever......

34pksc6.jpg

Click for Alt.

Cross detail

that's all good goat, but where does that leave a forum like this? Have people look at pics when, speaking theoretically, they know they'll always be the same from now on?

Wasn't like that when waywt started. And it was all denim back then.

you make a good point

i guess its just cause i don't give a shit whether ppl change their styles or not (hell, look how i dress.....being "next level" never really meant shit to me)

so i'm quick to argue w/ somebody that comes across with comments like "its time to upgrade your style. that shit has been done"

you make a good point

i guess its just cause i don't give a shit whether ppl change their styles or not (hell, look how i dress.....being "next level" never really meant shit to me)

so i'm quick to argue w/ somebody that comes across with comments like "its time to upgrade your style. that shit has been done"

I wasn't getting at that, i still love the look of streetwear.

I just think that a major part of the appeal was exclusivity and none of the outfits or gear being posted these days is exclusive to anyone. it's all just a formula of specific brands, trainers and denim. there's no switch up, just the same pieces constantly rotated around.

no offense 2 u solistik

but the US streetwear game is getting stale n crusty. no one wears anything interesting anymore - mostly cause everyone is wearin the same thing. i swear everyone wears those structures. everyone wears supreme t-shirts. no one wears anything unless it gets some invisible stamp of e-approval.

Valid points. But at least solistik can put these items together into a nice fit.

funny thing is solistik HAS changed his get ups over time..... and he knows it.

jack there is a change in many of the pioneers of this streetwear culture shit... it's just the hb/iss/etc kids are not up on it because well the majority are bunch of ignorant and dumb kids who yearn for approval from their peers more than actually being a participant of the cultures that spawned the shit they are wearing.

78, I just think that it's changed because the HB/ISS/etc thing has become increasingly popular. Like with a lot of youth subcultures it starts as those kids idolizing those brands (supreme, visvim, nbhd, bathing ape, etc.) but as it becomes more popular and the HB kids are noticed soon there are brands made specifically for them and then later specifically by them. And by then there's a bigger difference in the brands that started it and what the kids are doing now.

if that makes sense.

I do think there's an age factor with allot of the 'older' streetwear brands.

Kids are always gonna be about sneaks n' T's... but as they grow they want 'more'... well some don't (milspec)... and the guys behinds these older brands have grown up and their tastes have changed.

Take w)taps. Allot of the shit that brand is releasing nowadays seemingly goes against all that they did at their conception. I know the majority of kids stateside that want taps only want the 'safe' items of BDU's and T's but in Tokyo that shit just sits there, they want the more 'eccentric' shit that Tets doing.

Another example is the GDEH camp with Uniform Experiment. And hell Burton -> Gravis -> Visvim in an evolution of a creator.

The blind purchasing of a specific hype item is slowing down BUT it hasn't resulted in a change of 'taste' for the kids.

They still don't get the rise of Supreme was due to their clean understated designs. If you look back at their shit in the late 90s it was all muted and understated... I wish they stayed that way, but $$$$ is enticing, and the brand has lost its luster.

I'm rambling.......

no offense 2 u solistik

but the US streetwear game is getting stale n crusty. no one wears anything

interesting anymore - mostly cause everyone is wearin the same thing. i

swear everyone wears those structures. everyone wears supreme t-shirts. no

one wears anything unless it gets some invisible stamp of e-approval.

"No idea is original. There's nothing new under the sun, it's never what you do

but how it's done."

Jack, no offense to you cause you my dude

but this was a pointless post

yea, a lot of ppl's styles have changed and evolved, but some chose to not

change. So what if he rocks supreme and nike? I doubt my dude Sol really

gives a shit what the hypebeast uniform is.

Just cause you (and myself) and a few others have changed their style a bit

doesn't mean everybody should.

But whatever......

Word.

I wasn't getting at that, i still love the look of streetwear.

I just think that a major part of the appeal was exclusivity and none of the

outfits or gear being posted these days is exclusive to anyone. it's all just a

formula of specific brands, trainers and denim. there's no switch up, just the

same pieces constantly rotated around.

With the internet being what it is these days, nothing is really exclusive. You

know this, it is what it is. I just cop what I like and don't worry about the next

man, "what you eat don't make me sh*t."

funny thing is solistik HAS changed his get ups over time..... and he knows it.

Ha, how would I not be aware of it? I went from this back in '05..

121105.jpg

..to this in '08..

060908.jpg

..and to this these days..

080109.jpg

..but what's wrong with change bro?

never said anything's wrong with change

I support change done well...

I do prefer your last get up... but whenever I see someone rocking a T which reference something else I wonder if that person is actually wearing the T because they loved the film/arist or because...

it's interesting if you look at the years you posted and then remember the get ups in the above mentioned forums of those years.......

I do think there's an age factor with allot of the 'older' streetwear brands.

Kids are always gonna be about sneaks n' T's... but as they grow they want 'more'... well some don't (milspec)... and the guys behinds these older brands have grown up and their tastes have changed.

Take w)taps. Allot of the shit that brand is releasing nowadays seemingly goes against all that they did at their conception. I know the majority of kids stateside that want taps only want the 'safe' items of BDU's and T's but in Tokyo that shit just sits there, they want the more 'eccentric' shit that Tets doing.

Another example is the GDEH camp with Uniform Experiment. And hell Burton -> Gravis -> Visvim in an evolution of a creator.

The blind purchasing of a specific hype item is slowing down BUT it hasn't resulted in a change of 'taste' for the kids.

They still don't get the rise of Supreme was due to their clean understated designs. If you look back at their shit in the late 90s it was all muted and understated... I wish they stayed that way, but $$$$ is enticing, and the brand has lost its luster.

I'm rambling.......

good ramble tho. kind of what I was trying to get at.. Like I'd give props to someone who wore those structures but maybe paired with some nice supreme cut & sew rather than a recent supreme tee or a hyped one.

n you're right about the w)taps reference - you see these "hype" kids wearing all the same specific pieces like the BDU's and college style font tees, you don't see em rocking taps denim or taps outerwear. it's too hard for them to get it and too expensive, so they don't really try to. I mean if they were really down for the brand they'd save up some cash and get a proxy and really try hard to track down the hard to find taps shit. no one wants to try that hard. they settle for taps graphic tees and the vans collabs thats easily found on forums or eBay.

It's basically just laziness thats fuckin it all up. no one wants to do research. no one wants to put in any real work.

It's basically just laziness thats fuckin it all up. no one wants to do research. no one wants to put in any real work.

I don't think it's the laziness factor. It's the sheep-factor and the safeness of following rather than doin' your own shit.

Hell if they posted a get up with say a look that was modeled after the last years Red Dawn collection they'd get laughed at by their peers.

That Iron Koopa kid's a perfect example. He got into this shit recently and is going through a checklist of gear that gets him love from his peers. He puts a decent get up together but there's something about it that just screams 'I WANNA BE DOWN!'

Fuck it. I'm too old for this shit. I need to dump a bunch of gear asap.