waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

ya'll are crazy. the best is 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes, silk, husk, and all. the silks add flavor to the corn. trust me this is the way to go. after, add butter and lawry's seasoning.

i personally don't like roasting the corn just because a lot of times the corn ends up undercooked and mushy.

I've cooked corn a ton of different ways, and the easiest on a grill it to:

- trim husks and silk so a ton of it doesn't burn off.

- soak in cold water 15-20 minutes

(some people peel back the husk and put butter or olive oil in)

- put it in pre-heated grill that's like 350˚

- rotate every 7-8 minutes, cook for about 25-30 minutes

- for charcoal grill chuck the husk the last 7 minutes, season

- for propane pull the cobs off and let them sit for about 4-5 minutes

- carefully peel back all the husk, pull all the silk off, and snap off the husk bottom if you want.

- put butter or seasoning salt on and enjoy

This will yield delicious delicious corn :)

I was using this grill because I had to sell my much nicer 4 burner w/ cast iron grill when I moved. I miss that thing.

back off topic

Bicolor sh2 corn which is what is sold in a lot of grocery stores as sweet corn actually loses most of it flavor after its cooked. Try it raw if you have a local farmer you trust or is organic(not likely). Everyone I've let try it has been amazed, but too sweet for me. I don't eat much corn anyways.:)

IMG_0135.jpg

Is that Brittany by any chance?

If so, I hope for you the wind wasn't blowing too hard :-s

Cuffs are mad sexy btw.

brittany indeed

wind was blowing kinda hard

sexy cuffs club for life

if someone could chop worm into a captain morgan scenario the lulz would be magnanimous

wanted to rep you for using the word magnanimous in the same sentence as lulz but my e peen proved impotent

IMG_4451.jpg

ignore half tuck plz

Farmer - my parents have a house in southern VT and there's corn fields all over the place there. A lot of it is cow corn, but a few people grow the good stuff. As a kid I would always sneak into the fields to steal these:

baby+corn.JPG

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING is better than snacking on fresh baby sweet corns. Even the cob is crunchy and schweet.

why would it have to be from someone you trust? wouldnt all pesticides be on the husk?

Thanks I took that last year. For the most part yes, but if it rains after a spray it could leach out of the silk. Which would rarely happen. I just didn't want people to going into a random corn field on the side of the road and start munching not knowing what has been applied or when. All states have different laws, but they're some pesticides that are very poisonous even on the dermal level.

Farmer - my parents have a house in southern VT and there's corn fields all over the place there. A lot of it is cow corn, but a few people grow the good stuff. As a kid I would always sneak into the fields to steal these:

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING is better than snacking on fresh baby sweet corns. Even the cob is crunchy and schweet.

YES. I grow two rows(650ft. each) for that specific purpose. Two guys have been coming to pick them for a few years now, but they pickle them and bring them down to Florida to sell along with beans the get from me. Dillybeans:)

What are you pickling today? I just picked up like 30 banana peppers today (always a rare vegetable in my country concept) ... anyone got a good picklked pepper recipe, so I can put these on my sandwiches later?