waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

ok this was a lot of posturing right here. Its not played, that can't make sense. Obviously the "discourse" of popular literature has moved away from the style and philosophy, but something that has had such a large impact on writing and is still taught as viable and extremely potent/important literary history as well as theory and practice cannot be "played". thats like saying the bible could be revised. or we can learn nothing more from the Dead Sea Scrolls.

posture posture posture and no substance.

hasn't the bible undergone numerous revisions though? and aren't many of the stories borrowed from other cultures too? To delineate the document in my opinion doesn't make sense, just as it doesn't to delineate movements or to deify single authors. I don't know where you're going with this though because i never said nor suggested that any of that shit should be revised. Just discard it already, its ideas are abundant enough.

Now in literary circles that shit may be seen as sacred and indispensable, but this isn't a book club now is it? Its a fashion board. We don't wear actual clothing from the 19th century, even though vestiges of victorian era dress can be seen in the clothing of Geller, Demuellemeester, etc. Certain ideas or themes cyclically come in or out of favor, but to attribute the invention of such ideas to a single person or movement in space/time is vulgar historicism.

I find it amusing that you think that the fact that said shit is taught is testifies to its greatness and importance, and that you use the history of modern literature in its own defense ( hint: modernism itself represents a break from history).

hasn't the bible undergone numerous revisions though? and aren't many of the stories borrowed from other cultures too? To delineate the document in my opinion doesn't make sense, just as it doesn't to delineate movements or to deify single authors. I don't know where you're going with this though because i never said nor suggested that any of that shit should be revised. Just discard it already, its ideas are abundant enough.

Now in literary circles that shit may be seen as sacred and indispensable, but this isn't a book club now is it? Its a fashion board. We don't wear actual clothing from the 19th century, even though vestiges of victorian era dress can be seen in the clothing of Geller, Demuellemeester, etc. Certain ideas or themes cyclically come in or out of favor, but to attribute the invention of such ideas to a single person or movement in space/time is vulgar historicism.

I find it amusing that you think that the fact that said shit is taught is testifies to its greatness and importance, and that you use the history of modern literature in its own defense ( hint: modernism itself represents a break from history).

YA WELL I KN-

wait, did all of this really come from a disagreement on vans?

are you fucking retarded?

It's funny, as things have turned into areas i have extensive knowledge on, i find myself less willing to talk about it. I'll just say the bible, hagiography, effects of russian history since its inception on the literature, and lots more realted matters are interesting stuff. Means a lot to me. I dunno, spent years studying, writing, immersed in, researching, breathing, reading that shit and loving it, to the point where i might get a worthless doct. Great stuff. However, it doesn't help me buy jawns, which kinda sucks because i kinda want jawns

also, clo. I thought you were talking about the halo video game and i was starting to lose respect for you (coupled with the "welcome our overlords" thing), but after viewing that video, i'm down.

ayo, thanks for the neg.

"fuckface" - very profound.

yet still able to fit on the knob of a baseball bat.

damn robbie, i never wouldve thunk you'd take your fingers out of jmatsu's asshole long enough to type that many words. Congrats!!

damn robbie, i never wouldve thunk you'd take your fingers out of jmatsu's asshole long enough to type that many words. Congrats!!

leave me outta this. although i probably have a better comprehension of what is being said during the past few pages then most, i had chosen not to get involved because philosophy/literature is not one of my fields of expertise or of interest. i will say with mild malice that i do find it annoying that random cretins would post random dribble in the support of an advesary whose commentary most haven't bothered or are unable to read. blind support = blind or residue ball licking. i may not necessarily agree with halifamous, but at least he seems somewhat able to carry on the debate, unlike the majority of dicksux who have soiled their knees rather pitifully.

I actually like reading malaesthetique's posts. He has an opinion that is respectable. If you'd give the time to actually think about what he's saying in his posts, I think you'd see it too. In my opinion some people hide behind unnecessary vernacular, but without sounding too much like a dickrider, he efficiently gets his point across without coming off as overly pretentious.

Halifamous is generally hit or miss. Sometimes he knows his shit, other times he's just using wordy posts to hide behind a lack of critical understanding of the subject at hand.

It's all essentially pointless though unless someone steps up and wants to take an argument to that level of absurdity. If that is the case then they'd better be able to back they shit up is all i'm sayin...

havent you heard designer hi-tops are the new vans which were the old sbs, which means next year sbs will be the new designer hi-tops because fashun is cyclical

U r Mad insightful. Thanks for solving the riddle of fashun. who'd've thunk it could be so simple! now i know i'll be stylin for next season.

P.S. keep this on the DL. Don't want them plebes to posses our secret knowledge of fashunz.