macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, fuck this shit.

Now it's mid Oct, I though we had established it'd be mid Sept...

Whatever they are doing that's taking so long, it better be fucking good...

Yea.. school starts next week and I was kinda hoping for a mid Sept release.. Am I screwed? Kinda off topic but are laptops even necessary for college (at least in the beginning).

Also do student discounts work year round and would they apply to new macbook releases? I don't really care about a free ipod or printer but those would be nice too..

Kinda off topic but are laptops even necessary for college (at least in the beginning).

No, except to help you not paying attention while in class.

On that note... classes arent really necessary.

Nor textbooks

But you gotta choose one of two of the above... cause if you dont go to class your gonna need the textbooks. If you dont have the textbooks yur gonna need to go to class... or a library card and print out the chapters yur doing.

Best of all is an older friend/brother/sister who took the same course with the same teacher. Cause all tests year to year are usually the same.

BUT... back to macbooks

Yea.. school starts next week and I was kinda hoping for a mid Sept release.. Am I screwed? Kinda off topic but are laptops even necessary for college (at least in the beginning).

I'm sure your professors would appreciate hand written papers and post it notes instead of work docs and email.

how is a computer not necessary in college? do you want to go to a lab everytime you need to write an email? everytime you have to type up a couple hundred words for some misc assignment?

i mean you dont need a macbook pro for that but i wouldnt go to college without a laptop.

laptops are helpful when teachers are lecturing and not writing stuff on the board and you cant keep up with what they're saying.

but other than that, schools usually offer laptop rental services (for x amount of hours) and have computeres for general use throughout campus. but yeah, laptops would prolly be a good investment 2nd year into college.

i'd agree that laptops are good to have for convenience specially when meeting up with people to do assignments and what not. On the other hand if your class doesn't require them, or unless you have really good self control I wouldn't recommend turning it on while you're in class. It ends up being a big distraction and you end up missing parts if not the entire lesson for that class

when i bring my macbook in class i'm tempted to spend the whole hour on msn, facebook or go on forums... so i just leave it at my apt and come back to grab it if i ever need it.

did you see the possibly fake picture of a half black macbook ?

• 2 weeks later...

seriously.... what is up? i'm about to go vandalize the apple store out of frustration. the word is (has been?) there will be an announcement on october 14th. and my word is that there will be hell to pay if i don't have the new MBP in my greasy clutches on october 15. i officially have my hopes sky high for the 14th...:confused:

if it is in fact a touch screen computer it'll be a guaranteed hit (like nearly all apple based products). They've got this all in one touch screen HP desktop at Bestbuy where I work and it's awesome. I'm just hoping that a desktop version will come out and I'll be all over it.

FINALLY.

i'm going to the apple store on the 14th and picking up the best spec'd machine i afford. i'll be pissed the fuck off if they're not released the same day.

who's with meeeee?!

i've been at uni for the past month and a half without my own computer. surfing the web on the iphone ftl.

visiting home right now- and i haven't gotten off the computer in like 8 hours. shit had better been worth the wait.

i'm so excited for tomorrow. my current mbp needs to be replaced badly...

so far rumors are a sub 1000 dollar notebook along with a slight revamp in macbook/macbook pro design. pics have been leaked

231653-2008-10-13mbpleak-4_400.jpg

231653-2008-10-13mbpleak-5_400.jpg

these pics are pretty much confirmed real. note the lack of a physical trackpad button. i don't like the idea of that...