australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Personally i'd go with Singapore and with an A380 if possible - I find it much quieter than other aircraft and can get a decent sleep despite being 6ft 4.

Otherwise try Japan Airlines and get a stop off in Tokyo for a few days. All depends on what time of the year you're going but i've seen SYD - NAR - CDG for just 2.3k AUD.

Personally would steer clear from BA if you don't like your baggage to go missing.

Another vote for Singapore. Their economy prices are actually pretty competitive -- especially short-notice flights. I was checking some London flights today (departing in 1-2 weeks) and Singapore still had very reasonable fares compared to many other airlines.

Another vote for Singapore. Their economy prices are actually pretty competitive -- especially short-notice flights. I was checking some London flights today (departing in 1-2 weeks) and Singapore still had very reasonable fares compared to many other airlines.

Agreed.

All depends on when you're departing but I just came back from Japan, got return tickets via Changi for 987 return! Only set me back $60 more than Jetstar but considerably cheaper than other airlines.

After so many flights on Jetstar, Qantas, Cathay and BA, almost regardless of price, i'll be sticking with Singapore for all future travel.

wow, flying to japan with singapore for that much is insane. i paid double that in 2008 (adelaide > changi > tokyo).

japan airlines is the worst (international) airline i've flown by far, although to be fair i have never flown with any of the english or american airliners.

congrats Mel and Lyna. :D

I fly qantas/oneworld affiliates as it's easier to accumulate frequent flyer miles as they don't expire like krisflyer miles and there are more credit cards that can be tied to them. admittedly the SQ's service is far better than QF or BA's, CX isn't bad though.

If it's a single item, such as a coat, you don't have much choice but to declare the value at less than $1000. But of course you then have to worry about insurance.

If it's multiple items, you can split up the items and ship them separately. Some web stores will even ship two shoes separately to avoid tax. Just make sure you leave some time between posting each part because if they arrive at customs together they will simply add the values together.