australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

So I'm going to Sydney next week for the first time since I was 8. Staying on York St. This is probably really ignorant, but could you guys please recommend some places I should check out. Bars, places to shop, cafe's, etc.

So I'm going to Sydney next week for the first time since I was 8. Staying on York St. This is probably really ignorant, but could you guys please recommend some places I should check out. Bars, places to shop, cafe's, etc.

my recomendation for shops: incu, supply, pam store and somedays.

cafes: around surry hills (maybe 485, robocog and deus cycle work, they just open a cafe in bourke st), paddington and glebe area.

foods: cafe ish for japanese ribs, love supreme for pizza, duke bistro for small stuff, norfolk for $3 taco tuesday or el loco.

those are some places that i can think about right now

cafes: around surry hills (maybe 485, robocog and deus cycle work, they just open a cafe in bourke st), paddington and glebe area.

foods: cafe ish for japanese ribs, love supreme for pizza, duke bistro for small stuff, norfolk for $3 taco tuesday or el loco.

was in sydney last week . while walking aimlessly in the general direction of potts point, stumbled into this store. was actually quite impressed. had some rag and bone, whyred, our legacy, buttero. and is a really well merchandised space.

http://www.meanwhilestore.com/MEANWHILE.html

hmm interesting. might have a visit soon ..

shops - yup.

cafes/foods - pretty much errything here plus:

shortgrain (for cocktails), the commons (bar/restaurant), hollywood hotel, cricketer's arms, bar h (food/wine bar), billy kwong's, longgrain, jazz city diner (all food), bill's in darlo is still pretty damn good imo for brekky/lunch. can't go wrong with mad mex if you're out & about oxford st. gumshara for ramen.

if you are in syd fri lunchtime i highly recommend the marque $35 set menu. it's like 6 courses, all bang on.

i guess for late night drinking like goodgod, chingalings, hunky dory, etc.

do the dip is pretty tasty, prob a tad overrated like most things.

i dont really like billy kwongs. foods there tastes really organic for me. but well maybe thats because im asian and i like my asian foods to be really tasty. longgrain still ok for me.

i dont know about you guys, but im a little bit crazy with chicken rice since ive been visiting Singapore frequently.

i just tried that Singaporean place called shioki, just across gumshara ramen .. damn thats the most decent and authentic chicken rice in Sydney !!

i dont really like billy kwongs. foods there tastes really organic for me. but well maybe thats because im asian and i like my asian foods to be really tasty. longgrain still ok for me.

i dont know about you guys, but im a little bit crazy with chicken rice since ive been visiting Singapore frequently.

i just tried that Singaporean place called shioki, just across gumshara ramen .. damn thats the most decent and authentic chicken rice in Sydney !!

interesting on billy kwongs. can understand what you mean, i guess it's a little 'western'. where would you recommend for chinese?

i'm a massive longrain fan. for more trad thai i'd run with the obvious choices - spice i am, chat thai, home, house & thainatown.

there's some damn fine food in that eating world food court. will have to try chicken rice.

^^theres a possibility i might visiting soon this month, still not sure but.

^

golden century .. where else. Dan hong (ms.g's chef) himself said that thats probably the best chinese rest in the world lol

im with you for spice i am and chat thai . but chat thai such a turn off nowadays.. everytime i went there its bloody full and all the staff said that to booked 2 weeks in advance .. u'r not goddamn tetsuya !!

sorry for the rage lol ... just got rejected by a property agent

nup. heard pretty mixed reviews. most revolve around the 'overpriced' concept. been waiting to go with a friend who works for merivale so i can get it cheap.

most people who tell me they like it are the kind that go to Hugo's every sunday.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

El loco on the other hand, I have heard nothing but positive reviews.

nup. heard pretty mixed reviews. most revolve around the 'overpriced' concept. been waiting to go with a friend who works for merivale so i can get it cheap.

most people who tell me they like it are the kind that go to Hugo's every sunday.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

El loco on the other hand, I have heard nothing but positive reviews.