australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Superhero, have you looked at acne jeans? I'm pretty sure they're not selvage, but they come in a range of slim and tapered cuts and they don't have shit all over the back pockets. Incu usually carries some and i've also seen them at robby ingham on oxford street. Assin also has a pair or two but they seem to be about a hundred bucks overpriced.

I grabbed a pair of washed acnes on ebay and they're probably my favourite jeans at the moment. The raws are really dark and from what I've read they don't fade easily, so if you're after a pair of project jeans then apcs are probably a better option.

Matay and Air Max thanks so much for the great information!

I think the new standard would be a good fit for me, that could be dressed up or down eh?

I might have to go to INCU when it reopens to check the fits and maybe order it online coz its alot cheaper, 140 US??

Any sites that sell it at a reasonable price?

last time i was at incu they had heaps of pairs of APC and that wasn't too long ago, do they sell out that fast? But yeh i would agree, go with something like APC or if you want to get some thing a little more high end get dior MIJ 19cm form assin. Or at least go and try them on to see how they feel, i think you will like the tapering and the fit, they dress up really well also. Also please don't get bootcut, they will not look good with leather dress shoes, you need something with a slim hem.

INCU on Oxford st. Try there.

^I quite possibly could have made this up in my head..hmmm

I doubt that they will have a sale. probably just hold the stock untill they reopen as i dont imagine they will be closed for that long. maybe give some stock to the oxford st store. I found out because i asked when the chronicles stuff was going to arrive and they said that they just got a delivery but it will only go to oxford st because they are going to renovate.

maybe not go to oxford st. But yeh rape price point i reckon.

From memory, incu sells apcs for around 210 dollars. They're currently 155 USD on context, but you'd also have to factor in shipping (unless you have a free shipping coupon code). You'd probably save about 20 dollars buying them online.

edit - tobi.com also has a lot of apcs in stock for the same price as context, although shipping might be slightly more expensive

From memory, incu sells apcs for around 210 dollars. They're currently 155 USD on context, but you'd also have to factor in shipping (unless you have a free shipping coupon code). You'd probably save about 20 dollars buying them online.

Im pretty sure i saw them for much more than that, maybe 260.... im not sure though, eeek im tired, long day already.

So, speaking of APC, I've got some pretty bad crotch stress going on and I was wondering if there's any way to reinforce it or fix it before it blows out. It's just a tiny hole where it's the actual individual threads of cotton but I saw my friends jeans blow out in the crotch and the 'repairs' made the jeans look hideous.

Thanks a lot.

Get an old tee or some soft cotton. Cut it to shape. Use transfer to stick it to the inside of the crotch. Use a really thin needle and thread on a sewing machine to sew across the weft, Sew back and forth, like you're scribling over the weft.

superhero what size are you? size 29 going on the market for US$120

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=983938#post983938

Matay and Air Max thanks so much for the great information!

I think the new standard would be a good fit for me, that could be dressed up or down eh?

I might have to go to INCU when it reopens to check the fits and maybe order it online coz its alot cheaper, 140 US??

Any sites that sell it at a reasonable price?

Hey thanks for being really helpful guys, I really appreciate it!

I think I will just wait it out for a pair in my size to pop up on the supermarket.

Also I read the FAQ on APC and it says to size down 2-3 however if I wear 31 in Nudie (which is pretty tight but will loosen with stretch) should I go for the same size in APC or does APC stretch even more than nudie?

i will wait for some one else to answer that. I guess it really depends on how tight you want it in the thigh, i would say some people size down so they can be more fitted in the leg. How tight do you want it? I reckon go and try on some sizes in store and then get them off supermarket when your size comes up.

apc will stretch as much as nudies if not more. i had a pair of 31 nudies which stretched to a 34 and 1-2" at the thighs. my apc 30 stretched to about 34 also with about 2-2.5" stretch at the thighs. if you can post a fit pic of you wearing your nudies, it will give us a better indicator in which size apc to go for.

take your true waist size or the best fitting pair of jeans you own and measure those. then size down 2-3 for NS and 1-2 for NC. try them on at incu/our spot and buy em online instead. you have to make your own judgements in the end. some skinny people can also go 3 down for NCs too. the numbers are just a general guide based on years of experience from many many people on sufu.

apcs are just the stretchiest jeans in existence. they are also vanity sized.

apcs are great cos they have minimal detailing, which is perfect for dressing up and down.

another option would be skulls, which are costlier but also pop up on supermarket. they fit true to size.

look at the apc and skull threads in superdenim and study them for more info.

does Assin have 17cm DIor Homme?

do they even make 17cm Dior Homme anymore?

they weren't very widely available...were they?

they dont have any 17cm rite now. only 19. but one of the staff told me that they will have new shippment of dior homme coming on july. so maybe they will stock 17cm

guys, another food question if I may, can anyone point a desperate asian to a fantastic hot pot joint?

apparently there's a pretty good one (Sa something) that I've heard in opposite City Hunter on Sussex Street. It's inside a little arcade at the back but has pretty decent seating. If you don't know where City Hunter is, it's on the same block as Regal but at the opposite end of that street.

they dont have any 17cm rite now. only 19. but one of the staff told me that they will have new shippment of dior homme coming on july. so maybe they will stock 17cm

oh. cool!

i'll have to keep my eyes open!

i still haven't visited Assin. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-leather-jacket-100-authentic-Hedi-Slimane_W0QQitemZ250230844608QQihZ015QQcategoryZ57988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-Hedi-Slimane-Leather-Jacket_W0QQitemZ270224828515QQihZ017QQcategoryZ57988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hey guys,

browsing ebay as usual, find those in my size.. quite tempted to get one, or both.. but its still one and a half grand so guys got any suggestions/thoughts on them? (checked the fb of both sellers seems good but i wasnt a experienced buyer on ebay/dior)

cheers.