australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

The wait is finally over with Common Projects arriving this week at ourspot. The collection featuring the Desert Boot, Court Shoe, Canvas Low and Achilles Perf will be available from this Saturday 12th April.

just letting anyone know... got email today

when is incu sale? i gotta hall my ass to the oxford st store and laybuy my con before it all goes... if it hasnt already.

there is still heapz of stock at incu and southwest trader

dont worrrrry be happy

Walking home from work today, it occurred to me how many trashy fluorotee wearing, skinny Lee jean wearing people there are around this city.

Should I do my part in beautifying this city by hiding all the fluoro tees at work?

Or tell them that it's out of stock? Or better yet, steal them and burn them in a huge pile?

Walking home from work today, it occurred to me how many trashy fluorotee wearing, skinny Lee jean wearing people there are around this city.

Should I do my part in beautifying this city by hiding all the fluoro tees at work?

Or tell them that it's out of stock? Or better yet, steal them and burn them in a huge pile?

i'm gonna advise you and go with the last option. toe them to a incinerator and burn those mother fuckers. (the tees of course that is, not the poor pathetic people who buy them) .pics please

^^ PICS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D

yeh get rid of that nasty ass shit.. Hmm coped some surface to air paris shirts online and im loving them.. I reccomend the cotton is really soft and nice on these..

also has anyone seen kris van assche's own label KVA in syd anywhere? or even in Australia

Was waiting for someone else to say this. Sufu still seems to be really pro slouched skinny jeans but in Sydney the super slouch skinny + fluoro all over print tee hasn't just blow up, it's all there is. I blame tsubi and the nu-rave kids. ;)

Still, it doesn't stop me wearing my pink all over print tee... even after I saw a rippoff with a wrong print on a coathanger in SP1 or Mooks early last year... and for stupid markup. :(

yes please !!

well i dont see ksubi boys and other nu-rave kids are to blame for this. they know how to wear it good, its their lifestyle. while others, they just wear it because they think its trendy and "oh so in" kinda thing. i agree with jq3k, blame GP !!

@jcotteri

assin got some of KVA's stuff ..

yes please !!

well i dont see ksubi boys and other nu-rave kids are to blame for this. they know how to wear it good, its their lifestyle. while others, they just wear it because they think its trendy and "oh so in" kinda thing. i agree with jq3k, blame GP !!

@jcotteri

assin got some of KVA's stuff ..

thanks, should have guessed.. maybe last seasons shoes.. i want to look , i decided that i don't like the insides, once i saw the inside of the shoe. stupid online pics not showing the shitty inside detailing..

edit:

Cosign on GP.. meant to write that last post as well... i nodded when i read it.

when i first came to sydney close to a year ago, i was greeted by the peculiar sight of 6 guys strolling through the surry hills area as i was trying to hunt down shops listed in this very thread. they were walking 6 across in a row, in the same direction as me for 15 mins or so. not too many people actually stared at them although they were rather boisterous and walked irregularly, sometimes skipping between pavement to road and trying to hail cabs then walking anyway, incessantly chatting away with random yelps every 5 secs or so. they way they shouted made you think they ought to have been beer chugging aussie rules watching guys in replica gear and flags.

but no. they were all in uniform and i was fucking cackling inside. each one had a different fluoro for himself. there was yellow, pink, green, orange, blue and purple. it was all matched as well. one guy had a yellow bandana, yellow beater, tight cropped denim shorts and what i would discover were rabens. the others all looked similar, varying in choice of gear slightly. even the hairstyles seemed the same guido-esque spikyness. (this was supposed to be around wintertime/spring as well like late july/august?)

at first i thought it was like saturday so maybe it was like some harajuku shiet but i saw these types everywhere everyday as time went on. it seems there's a lot of these herds grazing the streets of sydney. is it some overt display of their social grouping? or perhaps an elaborate mating ritual style of dress? a homage to a subculture which they are uninvolved with?

ps. i attribute the trend of shouty highlighter/optical illusions roaming the streets at night to industrie btw. without industrie, i'm pretty sure roadkill numbers would be higher. yes ksubi etc may have launched the scene. GP kept it alive beyond relevance. but INDUSTRIE. industrie sold the numbers.

I definitely blame Industrie for this shit. It contributes not just to fluoro, but also to the innumerable tacky pastel/water coloured polo-type tees running around, along with the faded camouflage type shorts and pants.

Let's not get started with obviously fake snakeskin boxy shoes. [Homme.Homme, would you do the honours of bashing it? Haha]

Y'think that somewhere along the line, they would've realized that they look retarded, but obviously not. So whatever.

On another note, experienced race discrimination in it's purest form last night. Was out with a few mates [i'm Asian, another asian guy, a caucasian bloke, one Indian and another black guy. I know, we're very multiracial]. Anyhow, a few of our Boston College friends [8 HOT American girls in case anyone's wondering] were drinking at the Argyle so we decide to go join them.

In my inebriated state of mind, I walked ahead and got in just fine. My mates couldn't get let in. I started chatting to one of the bouncers [Turns out he's from Melbourne too] and he tells me the probable reason why, probably under the assumption that I wouldn't start any drama.

Anyhow, he tells me, and I quote, "You'll probably have a really hard time getting in anywhere, even with your chicks [How sexist], coz of yer two mates." I reply "Which ones!?" And he goes, "Your two Muslim ones."

I was just shocked, and proceeded to ask the reasoning behind it. I sincerely doubt terrorism is a part of it, but anyway... Turns out it's because "They're not supposed to drink anyway" and that "We'd rather be dickheads and save ourselves the potential trouble"

SHOCKING. Especially when I'm probably more Muslim than the both of them [i don't eat pork for personal reasons] and I can personally vouch that when those two drink, they drink hard, easily dropping a pair of Dior jeans from Assin between the both of them :)

But what's a guy to do?

Round the corner, German Beer [or Bier] Cafe. Wonderful place, friendly bar staff and GREAT beer. I've never been so sated or drunk that much beer in my life, normally preferring the harder spirits over beer.

^it's very unfortunate but it does happen, no real difference between that and getting turned away form a club because your male or don't look rich enough.

It's horrible but it happens. I dont usually go to places that it could happen. prefer small joints, or places that play obscure dance music.. but yeh mainly thinking about Melbourne. not much interests me in Sydney

yeah fuck i get angry thinking about what industrie has done to the male population of sydney. the worst thing about it is, that if people shopped there knowing that it wasnt fashionable and is just a mass produced attempt of things that were almost kinda sorta not really cool 3 years ago it would be ok but they dont - they think it is fashionable and they go there to get their 'good shirt' that they think is shit hot because every other fucking loser with fucked up hair just like the other guy next to him in fucking slippers. it just pains me. and when i go shopping for competitors analysis and see shit there that is a blatant rip off of something by the brand i work for but in ridiculously cheap fabric in some disgusting fluro colour i want to torch the place and drown everyone wearing the clothes.

people not getting into clubs/bars for the reasons stated piss me off just as much as these fucking colour blind idiots that shop at industrie. i never have a problem getting into places because i am a Caucasian with a blonde girlfriend but to see perfectly acceptable nice guys get turned away just so they can fill their lame fucking bar with more pretentious wankers with poor fitting cheap suits is just lame.

oh yeah... faux snake skin square toe shoes are bad too :D

Through Muslims' interpretation of the Qur-an, intoxicating substances are forbidden.

The bouncer may have made an err in judgment but believe it or not, it's technically correct to turn them away.

Forget terrorism and global warming, bigotry is a much bigger threat to mankind.