my new oni's need some help

derelicte

my friend and i went to blue in green and i got a pair of oni's that are natural indigo and some limited edition. does anyone have an intimate knowledge/expirience with these, and what are your opinions on tapering each ankle about an inch or so.

check em out!

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

notice the ankle

tell me what you know about them... if nothing, i guess your opinions wont hurt.

thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the BS United Oni thread, nice pickup btw. First time I've seen someone post pics of them being worn. Definitely look better than I thought

BTW, did you soak them already? It'll help get them thinner if that's why you're after a taper.

i love them the way they are i just didnt know if would be a good idea or not, and if it is unheard of or not. and no i havent soaked them and dont plan on it for a longgg time

You are aware that these are unsanforized, right? A soak is not going to hurt, seriously :P

pg2g, they wouldnt bleed at all if i soaked them? explain this unsanforized phenomenon...

Unsanforized... it means they are gonna shrink like hell as soon as they hit water. You should expect to lose 1.5 to 2 inches in the waist, around half an inch in the thigh, probably 2-3 inches on the inseam.

If you don't soak them, you should probably never let them touch water. So dry clean only, stay out of the rain, etc.

I wouldn't worry about a soak causing them to lose indigo. Its standard practice to soak (or even wash) raw unsanforized denim. These aren't cheap STF, a soak will do nothing.

well the waist is already rediculously tight, im fine with the fit in that aspect, il post more pics in a few more weeks if they start to wear

thanks

Yeah, I agree. The fit is pretty nice as is. Just be careful I guess.

i thought these were the stuff of legend...that not even john11f has. ;)

LOL! he is gonna be even more tempted when he sees these pics!! oh man, purple selvage...

yeah i just need some new sneaks now... i ordered a pair of navy suede vans slip ons... hopefully they tie everything together.

richter - ironic.

i dont want a skinny cheap monday kinda of look, i tied on 90 pairs of jeans the day i bought my onis like 25 different companys, these were the best :cool:

il just stop staring at the ankles

yeah i just need some new sneaks now... i ordered a pair of navy suede vans slip ons... hopefully they tie everything together.

richter - ironic.

i dont want a skinny cheap monday kinda of look, i tied on 90 pairs of jeans the day i bought my onis like 25 different companys, these were the best :cool:

il just stop staring at the ankles

What's wrong with the ankles? Those are perfect!

im a bit concerned you werent told that they will shrink when washed/wet. i guess you have the perfect fit now, which will obviously give a little with wear, but it just means that they can only ever be dry cleaned.

did you buy smaller size than you usually wear for them to fit so snug straight off?

it kind of is. they bought the roll of denim so they had the pre-order and are making more from that same roll. the way i look at it

the same motherfucking pair of ai001 are ALWAYS there, since I've first been in there in June. It's $510. They've had a pair of these sitting there for a few months now, they're $550. It's tough to buy a $550 jean. So if they do have any left (which Gordon said they would, he basically said he'd have my size for me...) they'll be sitting around most likely.

percy - i bought them a size small already, look at the waist they are snug to say the least, almost pinching...

therefore

polly - i dont think soaking them would be a good idea unless i wanted to give them to a 12 year old, plus i heard they were very limited.

im done with the whole idea of altering them anymore than i did... not worth it.

do you guys think i could wear them in the shower or something so the waist wouldnt shrink?

if you guys have any suggestions just let me know...