Fullcount 1108

mikesduc

the 3001's are much slimmer and I think more tapered as well... you can find some pics of them on me here (FC 1108 and FH 3001). Both are nice, the denim on the 3001 is thicker than the FC... the FC is more slubby...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haha, no full length mirrors in my place. i tried taking one in the hallway of my building, but the light is shit out there.

these are my first really slim denim. before i had RRDS and APC rescues. i have to say, i'm loving them. don't think i'll ever make the transition to a full on tapered leg, but slim straights are nice

these 66-based cuts are my favorite cuts, and the zimbabwe cotton on the full counts are so nice. your 1108s should keep you happy for a long time. nice purchase. :)

thanks! in 2 days i doubled my denim. had nudies and apcs. added these FCs and SExIH01BKs. I def have enough denim between the FC and SExIH to keep me busy. i was very uncertain about the 1108s or going with one of FCs fuller cuts. but i'm very glad i made the 1108 choice.

i got my 1108's today

what a heck of a denim!!! light ,soft and fucking nice indigo colour

really, that s a fantastic pair of jeans (a killer simple slim straight cut) i am more than happy with it

i think i am done for 2007 (at least till winter) now

i need to wear to death my 5000vx and IH634SB

• 6 months later...

just picked up a pair of 1108s in london - probably shouldn't say where cos they had a load of pairs, all with the l*vi's style arcs! i also have some sd-103's in a 32 (fit normal without a belt). 1108's after cold soak and couple days wear come up the same as the 103s in the waist in a size 30, so size down! even though a seemingly higher rise in their raw sate, after soak and wear they feel very similar to the 103's. certainly slimmer in the thigh and leg. the denim is much lighter and tighter leg opening. Nice jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

i love the denim and the fit of my 1108, i only wear it like once a week for like 3 months, and I already found a small hole busted out at the crotch... so not all that impressed with them... my 19cm's had shitty denim and it didn't need work til at 4 months of everyday wear... hmm...

the crotch of the Jomons are also getting thinner, but that's pretty normal after around 6 months of constant wear... so now I've moved onto the Iron Heart 634S-B, giving the FC and Jomon a break...

• 9 months later...

Very little information on FC on this forum. Thought I'd contribute.

Got this greencast pair one week ago at BIG. Two hot soaks, and a tumble dry w/high heat on second one. First soak was for 2 hours and it basically shrunk it as much as it could. But then I wore it without a belt and the waist stretched too much so I shrunk it again. Waist shrunk but if the length shrunk I didn't notice it.

The crotch is sort of tight-- something I'm not used to having worn Lucky's for the longest time.

Nice, dark indigo with great texture. Slubby but not too slubby so it can be worn with a nice button down without looking mismatched.

Pretty lightweight, but it's good for me as that means it's breathable.

I'm gonna starch these soon.-- People are telling me not to, but I thought starching would let me get better combs/whiskers.f.JPGs.JPGb.JPG

How's the fit? Sorry for quality.

so is starching somehow bad for the denim? unnecessarily gunking up the fibers with starch or ruining the texture?

i just wanted to restore it back to as close as the way it was when i first bought the pair a week ago. soaking it twice and tumble drying it reduced its stiffness by a lot.

but if someone could educate me on this matter, i would appreciate it.

k thx for the input. it's not all that soft anyway-- i guess i'm anxious to see some fading. i need to remind myself that people wear this for a year and not for a week.

perhaps this is standard for the better quality japanese denim but i'm loving the slubby texture and the color of these fullcounts. does zimbabwe cotton really make a difference in the feel of the denim, or is this just some gimmick? is there a difference with texas cotton?

so is starching somehow bad for the denim? unnecessarily gunking up the fibers with starch or ruining the texture?

i just wanted to restore it back to as close as the way it was when i first bought the pair a week ago. soaking it twice and tumble drying it reduced its stiffness by a lot.

but if someone could educate me on this matter, i would appreciate it.

In the Denim encyclopedia you will find everyting you need to know about starching

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

• 2 months later...