Fullcount 1108

mikesduc

broken threads, holes, and repairs are a big part of what makes raw denim wabi-sabi. If you don't want your jeans to get beat up and age, then maybe you should reconsider your purchase.

well, thanks for the insight. since these are my first pair, i didn't know if it's normal for threads to break and repairs to be part of the normal life of the jean.

just finished the repair with invisible thread. i think i've positively reinforced the crotch so i can't really see any opportunity for more repairs in the future.

i still love the pair, and maybe i like them more now knowing that i had to put in sewing effort into continuing its life.

i do wish the pockets were lined and that the bags were made of a different fabric and a different color. would still like more crotch room, but figure if the rise were longer than it might look funny. meh.

which brings me to wanting to buy a second pair of jeans since i really only have this pair.

i hated on the sexsc06 when i saw the post on sf for the price... but realized that i wouldn't be paying that much more relative to this pair...

idk, do you all think it's worth the purchase? i'm going to check it out soon at the store...

• 2 weeks later...

approx 25 days of wear. nothing to talk about. the indigo in these is very stubborn. some coin pocket atari, due to consisten zippo use... a slight bit of wallet fade coming through.. minimal fly fade. i wear these to work in a cigarette warehouse for 12 hr. shifts on my feet all day, and the avg. jean would have faded a lot more by now. i love these jeans. ..

approx 45 days wear. zippo fade is a bit more pronounced, wallet fade is more defined. whiskers/combs are a no-go, but i can at least see the slightest change of hue where they will eventually show up....minimal thigh fade only from an angle in natural light...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

and not that weird soft/slick/damp feeling :)

years later... you say that like it's a bad thing

love my 1108's, solid wear for about 6-7 months now

will post some pictures when it's a nice day

• 2 weeks later...