New pure blue japan 006 at BIG.

Egpt

Please post how they fit! The color, weight and cut are all exactly what I am looking for in a Summer pair, I just want to see how they look on somebody besides the Bear's model. What is the inseam length after shrinkage?

I think all PBJ is 33.5, in other words... too short. I think the fit is pretty close to the AI-001.

actually, for better whiskering, the XX-003 cut (which is the cut the XX-006) has is better in my opinion. if it's too tight in the thigh, you won't get any whiskers (i don't have any on my xx-005s). also, you won't get the big honeycombs that people love, you'll get ramones style micro honeycombs on the back of the knee. still like how the xx-005 fits though.

yeah, i was thinking about getting these but BIG said they are sized up 4 inches in the waist (as opposed to the normal 2), he said with their OXS they do shrink down to tagged size, which is just crazy. He said if you do wash it might take a few washes to get it down to tagged size (which is normal)... I thought this denim was somewhat streaky though?

The denim is really not streaky. There are a few irregularities in the dyeing, but nothing extreme and they appear rather plain right now. What I like the most about these jeans is how the color looks like it's ready to fall right away. I don't know how to describe it, but there is something very exciting about handling the denim and looking at it right now. Plus, without being slubby at all, the irregularities will also most likely produce a strong vertical fading.

So yeah, I love them, I'm quite impatient about wearing them.

dsc03292tk6.jpg

dsc03293dq4.jpg

That looks like exactly the same denim as on John Bull SC-002. The selvage line is the same also.

Here are some comparison shots of John Bull denim:

The shots were taken in direct sunlight, so they appear lighter in color. Selvage shot is closest to the real color which is quite dark.

JohnBull_2.jpg

JohnBull_3.jpg

These are worn a little bit already

JohnBull_1.jpg

Someone in BiG should make some empiric comparisions beetween these two... :)

• 1 month later...

Also- the pics on BiG don't show the color too well. They're darker than the pics suggest. The denim color is more blue than blue-black. They should face pretty nice! I'm gonna put them on at home and sit in the tub for a while with a book and beverages. I guess I'll wear them til they're dry.

I just ordered a pair of these from BIG...first pair of PBJs and I am wondering what is the deal with the sizing? I ordered a 30 (I am normally a 30) I am planning on hot soaking them once I get them, hopefully they will come down to size :confused:

I just noticed someone else posted the same question as me...

Soap- they shrink to tagged size. I sat in a hot bath for about 1/2 an hour. I got tired of sweating after working all day, so I threw them in the washer on cold and air-dried. The cut seems very traditional, very close to my 1001XX with a very slightly lower rise in the back. The construction seems to be very good. My only gripe are the plain rivets. I guess PBJ has such a small out put that they don't see a problem there. The inseam seemed to only shrink to a 33-34. I'm sure there's a little bit of shrinkage yet to be done. As far as the color goes, they are a very intense blue, not a hint of black to be found. The weave of the denim seems to promise a really nice fade. I'll post some worn pics in, oh, say October.

Yeah (depending on sizing issues) I am going to be alternating these with my skulls for the next 5-6 months before the next wash. Hopefully they fade as well as they post on the website...

I have to say that I hate that I found this site because this hobby is too fucking expensive...someone tell me why I can't stop buying denim? I want a pair of Somet's as well, the regulars have such a nice fit..fuck superfuture...

Thanks for the help though Bijan, I was a little worried about my sizing choice

• 1 year later...