Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

it's becoming more gentrified because the majority of pratt students living off campus live in bedstuy. still gunshots and people getting mugged everyday though. my friend's apartment was broken into 3 times in one month. they took the fucking iron bars off the windows..

now that I've studied Henry Darger an unnecessary amount in my art class, I feel compelled to do elaborate scenes in all my work. But at the same time, we looked at work by other outsider artists like James Castle, and it makes me want to do much more simple yet unbelievably effective drawings as well. I don't have the same naive minds as either, yet, I feel my art is infinitely more naive because I can't simplify what I want and I over complicate the entire process by knowing WHAT I want.

Art is hard. At least the assignment for next class is very open.

Wish my grandfather had kept his Mapplethorpe photos. Shits sell for mad cash these days.

Also wish he hadn't donated his Picasso vase to the Brooklyn Museum.

EDIT: my trip to London was cancelled. Now I'm gonna go blow all my dough on new jawns and whatnot. Nice.

We're in a recession, after all.

EDIT2: unfortunately due to the trip being cancelled, I will not have a chance to formally meet the cute girl in a77's that was going to go. Which really sucks cause she's fucking cute. I'll have to devise another method, but as that she is a grade or two above me (I'm not completely certain what her name is or what year she is), its gonna be hard to figure this one out. Damn.

I really sort of definitely want Winq's leather julius backpack just to switch it up with my Supreme 19th that I've had for a relative eternity in Superfuture turn-over terms (like two years now? maybe almost three?) but a. some of the new wardrobe is already just straddling goth-ninja line and I don't really want to fall into that territory and b. I fucking love my Supreme pack. Things been everywhere.

but fuck

leather looks buttery delicious soft

I really sort of definitely want Winq's leather julius backpack just to switch it up with my Supreme 19th that I've had for a relative eternity in Superfuture turn-over terms (like two years now? maybe almost three?) but a. some of the new wardrobe is already just straddling goth-ninja line and I don't really want to fall into that territory and b. I fucking love my Supreme pack. Things been everywhere.

but fuck

leather looks buttery delicious soft

goth ninja is a label others give you. do what you feel like doing