Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

My academic advisor emailed me asking to meet since I got a bad grade in one of my classes.I told her I understood my situation and what I need to do to improve, and asked her if the meeting was mandatory.

She responds with: "I find this a really odd question. Let me answer you with another: What is the role of a faculty advisor, in your opinion?"

I've met with this woman once before and it was a terrible experience, she provided me with no guidance and was an idiot. I don't feel like my email to her was rude but clearly she took it that way. Either way her response seems childish. Debating whether or not to even both responding to this.

This advisor sounds kind of like my former career counselor who used to talk down to me and insinuate that I wasn't good enough for the jobs I wanted to apply for.

But I think it's best not to burn bridges especially with counselors in college. The career counselor I talked about did help me in landing a couple of interviews and in the end it was good that I didn't snap and really let him know how I feel.

In high school, my dad had like a 1.4 GPA and his counselor had told him that he "probably would be stuck working at a gas station" for the rest of his life. After like two transfers and a bunch of hard work, he left Penn State with a degree in Aerospace Engineering and phoned that same counselor to tell them how they were wrong.

Counselors fuckin' suck.

counselor was just playin the odds

This advisor sounds kind of like my former career counselor who used to talk down to me and insinuate that I wasn't good enough for the jobs I wanted to apply for.

But I think it's best not to burn bridges especially with counselors in college. The career counselor I talked about did help me in landing a couple of interviews and in the end it was good that I didn't snap and really let him know how I feel.

Yeah I basically just sent back a bullshit response apologizing If I came off as rude blah blah blah and she responded very sweetly and understanding haha. As much as I would have wanted to call her out it would never be worth it, especially since she is likely to be the new department head.

performing first time with my fam later and i'm anxious i'll let them down if i choke but then again i know my lines at the tip of my tongue so wtf mayne. i'm just gonna drink up before i do my shit.

Well I mean, I'm up right now because my gf went to bar crawl, and I was kind of mad because we have a fucking trip that we need to go to at 6.

Well, I went out to a party with some friends instead, and then went to dennys, and now I'm home doing a fucking homework assignment thats due today.

Well, I guess I'll fall asleep hiking.