Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

Why is Buffalo Wild Wings packed all the time? Went to try it and thought the food sucked, even by sports bar/grill standards.

for corny white people who don't know their local spot and just go to the place "known" known for wings

their blazin' wings are pretty blazin' though, i'll give them that.

hmmm... anybody know anything about modern tv's?

my dad and his wife just got a new house and want to get their first big tv. looking to spend around $2500-3000, they've been told to look at LED's, but they want to go to plasma on a cost basis. i know absolutely nothing about them.

Unless they want to go 60"+ or something they will get the best picture out of LED, especially if they're willing to spend 3 grand... How big do they want it?

I took a look with him the other day after he said he liked the plasma more than the LED. The plasma's image looked very nearly the same; colours are less vibrant, but the LED almost has too much saturation. I'm sure it all has to do with calibration, though. To me it just felt like looking at different white balance settings on a camera. The LED does use a lot less power and generates less heat. Not to mention the glare issue with plasma.

He also needs to replace his receiver so I guess that has to be taken into account in regards to the final price too.

Ya, having it set up right makes all the difference. LED's will be really vibrant, so maybe if that's not what they like they should look elsewhere. I'd check out Toshiba and Samsung plasmas, I've had good luck with both.

def pay the few extra bucks to have someone calibrate it or if you are able to understand a/v genius' read the audio/video science forum for endless information and you should be able to set it up yourself.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/