Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

really?

I thought facebook was just one easy way to talk to all your friends. I mean of course there are acquaintances (and in sufu's case e-friends) and maybe a few people you don't even know but I don't use facebook to meet new people.

edit:

and since I moved around constantly when I was younger it helped a lot of my old friends to find me. Some of them I'd rather not have, but none of them would've been able to contact me otherwise. People's e-mails and shit change. I guess facebook is the easiest way to keep up with old friends as it takes the least amount of effort to stay in contact. I'm cool with that.

The only justifiable reason to use facebook is to meet new people?

How about organizing parties or events with long-standing groups of friends. How about collaborating on group work? How about sharing information with the people you already know? Sharing jokes with more than one individual at once? How about making plans with more than one person at once through a medium that's more interesting and less spammed than email?

How about making it less public by not having that many friends? How about using it in the way that Sawyer is suggesting instead of being a retard?

really?

I thought facebook was just one easy way to talk to all your friends. I mean of course there are acquaintances (and in sufu's case e-friends) and maybe a few people you don't even know but I don't use facebook to meet new people.

this is pretty much how I use it. just to keep in contact with friends for HS plan shit without phones/IM

i know some dudes who use facebook to game on chicks, no idea how that works

i reckon facebook was created at first to gather people of the same university (i think it was harvard) with a profile on the site, then it expanded.

i mean, some of my best friends only got facebook a few months ago because they thought it was useless, but it is actually convenient to share pictures or little informations, with one or multiple person, and easier than emails which not everyone checks everyday. you can stalk that girl you've talked to the previous night, see if your friend from elementary school have become loosers, which girl turned hot and which turned into fatties.

but the idea of adding unknown people on facebook sounds creepy to me. how to find them anyway, like typing a random name or browsing groups ? that's kinda weird.

Facebook really is good for networking IMO, I have a small friends list compared to lots of people but nearly everyone on there is someone that I appreciate contact from. I'll post a status update and get replies from people and i'll also reply to others statuses, if I sent an IM/email/text to someone then it's not gonna strike up a conversation between me and 3-5 friends, is it? Even a really banal update can have that effect and (IMO) it strengthens friendships a bit.

it's not like you could read her thoughts it's only a facebook profile. at best you could find out her favorite movie and get bonus points... you also can choose not to care.

haploid, dude, seriously, stop picking every detail or every meaningless argument or conversation and try to give it a meaning, sometimes, you know, you can just let go. do you do that in real life or is it your "online persona" ?

Like I said: I may be being jaded by suburbia because it is really common amongst people around me my age.

less_than_zero.large.jpg

read this, then take cues on how to deal with suburban upper class boredom from the people in the book

for those too lazy to read

-get a nice car

-chain smoke

-take as many drugs as you can

-sometimes its ok to go home with a guy

-being in trouble is better than being bored

-eat at spago

lol

oh and ellis name dropped cdg in the informers haha

shit the whole internet allows you to create an "online persona"

your online personal is some du who over-analyzes posts, makes unnecessarily long posts, and someone who pays attention to grammar.

now i don't know if you're like that in real life, but that's the persona you create for yourself on superfuture, whether it's a concious decision or not.

and cool dog.

My online persona (as described to me) was large, loud, and possibly jock-esque (read: philistine),

Those who met me in person generally confirmed this.

My online persona (as described to me) was large, loud, and possibly jock-esque (read: philistine),

Those who met me in person generally confirmed this.

haha i thought you would be larger, louder and more jock-esque. was a brief encounter though, to be fair