Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

sometimes i can't believe my brother. we're all supposed to go to midnight mass for christmas since the choir my dad is in is singing tonight, but i was napping until it was time to go. i hear my brother and his gf going towards the front of the house and i'm like, "wait for me i'm going to go with you guys. i just need to change real fast." and he's like, "nah, just drive i'll save you a seat at church." he knows there isn't going to be any parking, why wouldn't he just fucking wait? and i'm like, "dude just wait a second!" and then i'm ready, i go outside and they've left. mom calls me telling me i need to make my way over since she's saving seats for us. i say, "they left without me. i'm not going."

two things i can't stand: my brother (probably the most inconsiderate person i know), and being forced or being made to feel guilty about not attending church.

fuck a christmas spirit right now. at least last christmas i didn't have to deal with this bullshit. fleeing the country/spending christmas day on a plane with strangers concept.

i've been fighting for my right. i've done pretty well. they've accepted that i won't go to church, they still hope though.

Hah, I feel bad. I demolished the church far too thoroughly and logically that they prefer not to open that box again. (They even let me get into discussions in Philippines that turned to debates, i don't think they want that again. Looked like the English soldiers fighting off the Zulu. I think all my relatives have pretty accepted it too, they're all scared to ask me about church nowadays )

Basically they understood that the church does not share the same values as I do, so why should I support it?

Also, I hate bureaucracy of which the church falls under.

My parents are find with understanding that I do have some faith.

Truth is, faith is probably what I'll turn to when I have nothing left and I hope I never have to. Faith is part of optimism for me.