Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

again a disagreement

they're just making clothes to sustain a business. all that journalism/intellectual rationalizing of deeper meaning that probably wasn't in the intention in the first place (unless the designer had to come up with a sound bite) is further marketing gimmick. Their careers revolve around clothes, therefore it is just a job and nothing more. What you see now will be completely and utterly worthless in 6 months. That thing you first mentioned...gossip, models, glamour. THAT is fashion, you are applying the kind of in depth insight and burning passion probably better reserved for literature, philosophy or mathematics, or if you really want to tap into the infinitely abstract, human relationships.

btw, Giorgio and Gianni did more for Milan than Prada, or anyone else showing in that town today ever did and will.

political symbolism and other stuff like analogies to symbols of youth and the beyond in Harry Potter is something I would find more worthwhile exploring than whether Watanabe is the intellectual or Kimmel is the geek, definitely. I don't think Margiela himself would disagree.

i think you feel it too deeply...not that it's wrong to feel, but a subject as frivolous as fashion doesn't deserve this kinda pouring over.

haha, of all the people to shit on my post for thinking too much, it comes from you?

nah man, you read some of the interviews and really look at the collections, some designers have a dedication that really shows through

kawakubo and watanabe in particular, it's evident in the technical feats that defy gravity and convention

using fire on the runway isn't just a gimmick, there was a clear gravitas in simons' return in ss02 and slimane's fw06.

and kimmel, it's a wonder i don't see more mentions of his name in sufu, he's the biggest menswear geek of them all. the most well-read of the stylezeitgeist crowd would have trouble following all the references.

i know most people here won't share my attitude (some do though, word to inaya), they just care about copping gradient jawns and moving on, but others have careers that revolve around making clothes, illustrating the runway, writing about them and selling them

i could think of a number of things far more frivolous that people spend a lot of time thinking about... how about political symbolism in harry potter?

thank you ftb/julian! :P

.will17 its actually a love match! and not mormon, muslim...but you know, same shit.

I just found out this weekend that one of my ex-gfs is getting married. I was the first dick she ever sucked.

I'm not invited.

I just found out this weekend that one of my ex-gfs is getting married. I was the first dick she ever sucked.

I'm not invited.

two of the first dicks i ever sucked came to my first wedding.

now that i think about it, maybe it was a bad sign...hmmm.

i'm watching top chef and it's making me sooo hungry

i wish i could cook

think reminded me of how much I used to love cooking and also of how food network used to be the first channel I went to..

those days are long gone and my dreams of becoming a chef of health-conscious cuisine have been crushed by getting a lame degree in finance and risk management..

:(

that shit's funny, but not nearly as funny as the Hypebeast "upgraded from The Hundreds to Supreme" thread.

i looked at some of those pinoys myspace and blogs. I'm thinking, shit I might be on that pseudo-triads steez, but I don't think I'd last 5 minutes in a Bay Area majority Asian populated high school.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to e0d9n0b5 again.

oh fuck that last post is golden

fuck man, that whole forum is golden. those were literally the first 2 threads i clicked!

that shit's funny, but not nearly as funny as the Hypebeast "upgraded from The Hundreds to Supreme" thread.

i looked at some of those pinoys myspace and blogs. I'm thinking, shit I might be on that pseudo-triads steez, but I don't think I'd last 5 minutes in a Bay Area majority Asian populated high school.

i'm going to 'upgrade' from ann d to harry potter zip hoodies, fuck those twilight nerds!!!