Apple iPhone

artificialsky

what are you talking about? the g1 has nothing on iphone. 20 bucks cheaper than the 8gb iphone and it comes with a 1gb sd card. the screen is smaller, the phone is thicker (and ugly) and it has less memory than iphone
and as I said before its not bad esp. if your on T-Mobile...eh....

being stuck on T-mobile is the key part, since you can't get a 3G iphone with them, so at least its something for those suscribers to look forward too.

and there are supposed rumors of a 32 gig iphone dropping a little closer to holiday time but I don't really know how true they are.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just got a brand new 1st gen back from my warranty replacement... kinda weird having a phone that's not beat to shit anymore! What do you guys think is the best case out there? Figured I'd protect it a little this go-round but I hate the idea of bulking my phone up. Any idea's?

just got a brand new 1st gen back from my warranty replacement... kinda weird having a phone that's not beat to shit anymore! What do you guys think is the best case out there? Figured I'd protect it a little this go-round but I hate the idea of bulking my phone up. Any idea's?

I've got an incase slider (I paid $35+tax at the apple store a while back) and a bodyguardz screen protector on mine and it's not too bulky. I think the case is ~1mm all around. Haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on the durability, but it's more of aesthetics than sheer protection.

Not sure if it's true, but people have been saying the material used in the zagg, bestskinsever, and bodyguardz are the same. If you can find a deal I'd go with the cheapest. Application is a one time thing so take your time.

i hate iphone cases (make the device look fugly imo), but the clarifi case with the slidable macro lens is decent looking and functional. might cop one just to play around and mod it into a removable lens that clips over the camera instead of covering the whole device..

thanks, I just searched within this thread... whoops.

I like that film, I kept the original film on from apple and will probably get this, I like that it adds next to nothing.

daaamn

tried it and fucked up somewhere along the line.

while i was trying to rename the mobileinstallation file i think.

i think my phone went into hibernation thus causing SSH connection to be lost.

then my phone wouldnt get off the pineapple start screen.

In the process of resetting and syncing all my shit now

gotta re jailbreak but may wait till 2.2 comes out.

yeah something similar happened to me when i did it.

i think i downloaded the 2.0 version of mobileinstall while i had firmware 2.1.

i had to ssh into my phone and remove it because it wouldn't get off the pineapple.

i can upload my file if u still want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get an iPhone here in Europe with a contract, wich is about $45 a month (you have to pay an additional $90 for the phone itself). The contract includes an Internet fee, so you can get connected pretty much everywhere, this is about $20 of the contract. So when I just pay for my calls, it will be about $25 a month.

Now I was wondering, is it possible to connect to wifi with an iPhone? During the week I spend most of the time at school or at home, where I both have a wifi connection. Would'nt it be unnessecairy to pay for internet then?

I can get an iPhone here in Europe with a contract, wich is about $45 a month (you have to pay an additional $90 for the phone itself). The contract includes an Internet fee, so you can get connected pretty much everywhere, this is about $20 of the contract. So when I just pay for my calls, it will be about $25 a month.

Now I was wondering, is it possible to connect to wifi with an iPhone? During the week I spend most of the time at school or at home, where I both have a wifi connection. Would'nt it be unnessecairy to pay for internet then?

I'm confused at your confusion with technology.

when you say "internet" its really a data plan your paying for.

Which is pretty much necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

i know someone selling sim cards with unlimited minutes, data usage, texting, and some other shit, so im thinking about picking up an iphone just to use that. the downside is that you gotta get a new card every month and that means a new number. i guess this shit might be good for serial killers, entertainment, or selling drugs

i know someone selling sim cards with unlimited minutes, data usage, texting, and some other shit, so im thinking about picking up an iphone just to use that. the downside is that you gotta get a new card every month and that means a new number. i guess this shit might be good for serial killers, entertainment, or selling drugs

nice, how much per card?

Yeah, actually, that product is awful: Takes too long to implement and the majority of time leaves bubbles. What i mean is more along the cases direction. Anybody?

I just got a cheapo hard plastic one at my cellular dealer because I have already broken mine once.

got it fixed through www.irepair.ca

pro tip - don't drop yours glass side down on cement