Apple iPhone

artificialsky

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah, when i heard that people were lining up last night to get one today for $199, i thought, who really gives that much of a shit about a cell phone that obviously won't be in short supply?

Cheap fucks. My first gen set me back $600. Fuck Apple. I'm going to still buy Apple products, shit I'm typing on my Macbook Pro as we speak but still, Fuck Apple. :)

I live in Amsterdam, so everyone went all balls nuts going to the Tmobile stores here (who carries it here THANK GOD). i avoided all this and went to a small bell huis as they are called, which is more or less a whore house of phones from all companies and offer everything you can want (while i was there i saw the E90 from nokia, it looks pretty ill). i had reserved the phone a week early, so mine was waiting for me. got it in about a half hour with no line at all. was locked most of the day thanks to the servers crashing, but, still, really cool. dont know if im used to it yet, but it is by far as cool as i need it be. i ended up paying one euro for the phone itself, signed a 2 year contract for 45 a month with 300 SMS and minutes. also unlimited Internet. 10E a month for insurance, and im a done and happy dude. im sure there are problems with it that i have yet to find or will be capable of understanding, but it does what it says it does. one down side, what the hell is this CLICK AND BUY shit at the itunes and apple store. everyone has a fucking paypal account, could apple not just meet us half way for fucking once? they need to make there own paypal now too? whatever, thats the lamest part to me so far, i cant sign in to get all these new apps, cause i dont have a card, and dont know if i want to give out my bank info to come company called BUY AND CLICK, which to me is as bad a name is is out there. whatever.

It looks like the Apple store here still has them in stock, maybe there won't be much of a line this morning...

I'll probably go check, since my razr died and said insert sim about 6 times last night.

Cheap fucks. My first gen set me back $600. Fuck Apple. I'm going to still buy Apple products, shit I'm typing on my Macbook Pro as we speak but still, Fuck Apple. :)

didn't you get some sort of 100 dollar gift card when they lowered the prices?

what the fuck is the bold?

the bberry verssion is called storm or some shit, looks more or less the same as the iphone.

on another note, i dont understand how or why these devices are even compared, i have had both and they are totally different things for different purpuses. if my biz life depened on a phone it would be the berry, but i have other concerns and the iphone is more fun.

what the fuck is the bold?

the bberry verssion is called storm or some shit, looks more or less the same as the iphone.

on another note, i dont understand how or why these devices are even compared, i have had both and they are totally different things for different purpuses. if my biz life depened on a phone it would be the berry, but i have other concerns and the iphone is more fun.

I am definitely going to get me an iPhone.... just waiting till the frenzy dies down to see if I can get a better deal.

i'm getting an iPhone 1.1.03 - longer lasting batterytime and no plastic on the backcover - plus i'd never use the gps or the 3g anyway - i'm definitely not going to pay almost $150 per month half a year, for having the newest iPhone. nowadays you can get the old iPhone for about $500 - that's half the price of a new one, everything included. and i get to keep my old SIM and all that. well, i just don't think the newest iPhone is worth double.

i guess yall is getting fucked. i got mine for 1Euro that the girl at the counter paid for me cause i made her laugh so much. 2 year contract though... unlimted internet and 300 sms or min for 45... not bad.

The GPS is amazing on it, you just are this little blue circle kinda pinging along (there is a animation) and moving. lots of fun. a lot of the good aps dont seem to be available here in NL. AOL radio for free sounds good, but its not here, mabye regional issues about money or fees. i also hear the plastic case is better for reception, but that might just be BS.

whatever, its not perfect at all, the lack of landscape keyboard in most programs blows. but, its fun. good times.

dan_spirit.jpg

I dont know anything about how unlocking works. If I buy an unlocked Iphone do I just buy a cheap ass t-mobile phone and switch out the sims?

I dont know anything about how unlocking works. If I buy an unlocked Iphone do I just buy a cheap ass t-mobile phone and switch out the sims?

yep that'll do it. pick your plan on t-mobile's site and you're good to go. personally, the smartest and cheapest way to own an iphone is to have the 1st gen on t-mobile. i got one in december, cracked and jailbroke. use the t-mobile t-zones hack after you jailbreak and unlimited internet/maps/etc is $5.99 a month (this month t-mob didn't even charge me for it). never had a problem with reception or internet connection. only thing is youtube doesn't work on edge, but it's not like i'd ever use it w/edge anyway, loads slow as fuck and image quality is reduced.

if you get one and need unlocking help (takes about 5 minutes with iLiberty) hit me up.

yep that'll do it. pick your plan on t-mobile's site and you're good to go. personally, the smartest and cheapest way to own an iphone is to have the 1st gen on t-mobile. i got one in december, cracked and jailbroke. use the t-mobile t-zones hack after you jailbreak and unlimited internet/maps/etc is $5.99 a month (this month t-mob didn't even charge me for it). never had a problem with reception or internet connection. only thing is youtube doesn't work on edge, but it's not like i'd ever use it w/edge anyway, loads slow as fuck and image quality is reduced.

if you get one and need unlocking help (takes about 5 minutes with iLiberty) hit me up.

Perfect, thanks.

i got the 16gb white. 3g is pretty lame. From what i understand, the iphone has a pretty weak 3g signal locator (not sure of proper term), but it doesnt perform as well as other 3g phones on the market. The phone is quick when it is connected to a wi-fi connection, but its always been like that.

If you want anything on your phone, it has to be done through the application store. Apps for the most part arent that great, but there are some decent ones like Pandora Radio, BOFA online, Guitar Tuner, etc.

The gps is kind of a let down, being that its not turn by turn, but this weekend i was up in Frisco and definitely got lost for a good bit, but was able to find our way to our destination because of the program. Ive also used the restaurant locator whilst in SF and that was pretty nifty as well.

Coming from the motorola q on verizon to the iphone on ATT i was a little dissapointed at the inferior coverage of ATT. However, the sound quality from the phone is pretty nice. The camera takes some pretty nice pics as well, not fuzzy like the old iphone pic posted above

was it worth waiting in line for hours? No. But only lames had to wait in line :)

Guest No Handclaps Please

does anyone with a white 16gb know if the back plastic cover takes alot of the dye from raw denim? kind of don't want to slip it in the pocket while it's naked if it does..though it's inevitable..:confused:

does anyone with a white 16gb know if the back plastic cover takes alot of the dye from raw denim? kind of don't want to slip it in the pocket while it's naked if it does..though it's inevitable..:confused:

thats something i completely forgot to take into account before purchasing the white one. People have stated that its not the same porous material found on macbooks so that not much will absorb into it and turn it yellow, bt denim bleeding onto it is a definite possibility. Either way, i just got a case to be safe

Guest No Handclaps Please

i'll probably be breaking in some nudies within the next couple of weeks so i'll post up some pictures if the white really takes the blue

I wore the black Sexfh05, less than 5 wears, with the phone in my back pocket and no dye transfer yet.