THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Im about to invest in my first pair of premium raw selvage jeans and im caught between two pairs:

Paul Smith Red Ears X Blue in Green

or

SEXI04's (happy to know they still have my sz in stock)

I really like both jeans but im not sure about the thigh sz on the SEXI04's, im not a skinny dude, but im not fat, still kinda thick legs and thighs from playing basketball and tennis, and im not sure about paul smith as a brand, not much ive read about them i know its a london based brand (i think?)

what do you guys reccomend? im leaning towards the SEXI04's but again still caught in the middle

to be completely honest, if this is your first pair, i think you should try a more generic pair first. maybe apcs or 501 stfs. this way you'll have some basis of comparison and it won't cost you $200+

I'm looking for a more relaxed fit than I'm used to, but am not sure what to go with. Mostly I just like the fades I see on fuller-leg jeans (less bunched-together honeycombs, more thigh-based whiskers...) So, my proposals are:

Samurai S5000VX

S0110XJ

Mid Rise relaxed fit (Texas cotton)

(I'm not familiar with Samurai, so if anyone has other suggestions, shoot.)

SDA SD-101

Sugar Cane 1947 (or is it worth going for the Hawaii or Okinawa instead?)

PBJ xx-003

xx-007

I'm currently wearing the xx-005bk (same measurements as the xx-007) and they're too tight in the thighs and knees (probably gonna need an outseam restitching at some point) BUT I'm wondering if they'd be ok if I sized up next time.

Thanks for any help!

grouse_allergy, I would highly recommend checking into some hawaii's or okinawas. They are relaxed enough and will fade beautifully. You can't really beat samurais, though. If you wanted something more serious I would say sammies but if you wanted to get a slightly lower weight jean that would be less stiff I would recommend the canes. All three are great, though, so I would take a look into them all.

I need another pair of Samurais and decided for the 510 cut.

Should I get the S0510XX or the S510XX-AI-N ??

Are the rope dyed AI ones worth the extra $$$ ? How about the fading of the natural indigo? Anyone have the AI and can tell me if they fade as nice as the "normal" ones?

i can't quite decide which pair of jeans i should get so i thougt i might just ask here again

i'm currently wearing dior mij's 19cm

generally i like slim cuts so i was either thinking of buying skull5010's, imp shearer or the dry bones red-d's

i have pretty thin legs and wear a 29 in the diors

are the red-d's a good fit for me ? would they fit rather slim or more relaxed than the diors ? because judging by the measurements they seem to be a bit more relaxed.

i guess the shearer are not the most loved jeans here while the skulls 5010 seem to be very popular...

is there anything else i could consider ? any suggestions ?

hi, new here and quite new to denim. got my first piece of raw denim about a month ago. they fit quite nicely. went into carhartt in melbourne (aus) and got a pair of edwins (tag says ed-47, are are 30x32) i don't know much about denim but have red japanese denim is really good. have heard the brands samurai, eternal, evisu but there are just way too many cuts to choose from. i fit quite nicely in the 30 waist edwins but they have loosened a bit since a month ago. i'm rather short 5'6" and weigh about 143 lbs. have found that straight leg fits me best, dare not try anything else :P

quite new to this raw denim selvage stuff, and wonder if anyone could suggest some good cuts.(brands obtainable in melbourne would be nice too :P)

Definitely agree with beatle. Just lurk around superdenim for a while, look through the xxx thread to see how different brands' denim fades, read up on certain things, ect. Also you should definitely measure your jeans and start comparing the measurements to those of other jeans on the Blue in Green site or on the Selfedge site.

mmm imperial dukes? or PBJ 007s.. im about to go to san francisco. i'll be able to try on the Dukes.

but i need help deciding which to gettt

mmm imperial dukes? or PBJ 007s.. im about to go to san francisco. i'll be able to try on the Dukes.

but i need help deciding which to gettt

I highly recommend the 007's. The denim is amazing, and from what I have seen they look great faded. The fit is also spot on (for me at least). If you wanted an overall slim jean with no taper really, then these would be good for you. Good luck with your purchase...

^^thanks i'll definately try on the imperials too though.. just to make sure. and i might buy them online later cos i'll know my size. thanks for your help

Ok, so I want a pair of black overdyed jeans (or is it pants?) for this f/w season. I used to wear those black Cheap Monday's, but I don't like those nomore. So one of my options is a pair of Dior black Super Slender's, but I already have two pairs of Dior jeans and it might become a bit boring. Now I know of the black stretch jeans that Number (N)ine makes, but they only come in 34" inseam right? I really like a bit of stacking and I'm quite tall. Is there any other options that I overlooked?