THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

What are the biggest differences between Samurai and Studio D?

I'm choosing between Samurai 17oz S5000VX - Mid Rise Straight Fit, and Studio D'Artisan SD-103XX Mid/Low Rise Taper Leg *natrl Indigo.

The thing I like about the SD is that it has a low waist and is 14 ounces. While the Samurai has a sligthly higher waist and is 17 ounces. So I'm kinda leaning towards the SD, but at the same time I think the S5000VX is a cooler pair of jeans.

What do you guys think?

the main difference between samurai jeans and lvc is that lvc shrinks FROM tagged sized and sammies TO tagged size...means:

s5000vx size 30 measures 32" presoaked and shrinks to a 30" waist.

lvc size 30 measures 30" presoaked and shrinks to a 28" waist.

so get a size 28 5000vx if you want them to fit like your 30" lvc. s5000vx will stretch out easily as well so don't be afraid....haha

hope that helps

(i hope i got everything right, somebody please correct me if i'm wrong...)

APC New Standards or Imperial Dukes for a versatile jean that can be dressed up with the right shoes, blazer etc.

Also consider the $100 difference in price...

Thanks!

Well the Imperial dukes will be a much better pair of denim all around. They are 100 dollars more though, and the APC New Stnadards are still a solid jean. This is like comparing apples to oranges in a way. So it's really up to you. Personally, if I were you I would go with the Imperials. The indigo color is imo (much) better, the quality is going to be better, they are somewhat more colorfast than the NS, and they have one of my favorite backpocket stitching of any brand. I also think the Imperials will dress up better than the NS.

brand new apc ns at full price?

or three month old apc ns for like 80$ that have been washed once (basically no fades though)?

I'm not quite sure which to get, wondering if someone could give some legitimate reasons for getting the new ones vs the old blah blah blah

I'm in the process of buying a pair of new jeans. Problem is I'm ordering from the net, without being able to try any of them on. So I'm here asking you to choose your favourite of these four.

1. Dior 19 cm MIJ Black

2. Imperial Denim Dukes Black

3. SEXFH05 Black -not available yet

4. Samurai S710BK -not available yet

If it matters, I'm 6' 2" tall weight 155 lbs, mostly wearing jeans on the hips.

Measurements:

Waist: 30"

Hips: 33-34"

Thighs: 20"

the main difference between samurai jeans and lvc is that lvc shrinks FROM tagged sized and sammies TO tagged size...means:

s5000vx size 30 measures 32" presoaked and shrinks to a 30" waist.

lvc size 30 measures 30" presoaked and shrinks to a 28" waist.

so get a size 28 5000vx if you want them to fit like your 30" lvc. s5000vx will stretch out easily as well so don't be afraid....haha

hope that helps

(i hope i got everything right, somebody please correct me if i'm wrong...)

you also wanna keep in mind that lot 10 of 5000vx's may measure smaller...may measure 30 before soak..but 5000vx's do stretch a bit.

has anyone tried academi denim before are they worth the price or should i get apc ns

I've only tried a pair on, so don't know what their stretching capabilities are or what they're like over time, but the initial fit was not good. Way too baggy in the knees and thighs and too tight in the crotch. Of course, I only tried on the grays, not the indigos, which I've heard are different.

I'm considering getting the KMW Context 1980s, but what are my alternatives?

I'm looking for black denim, either overdyed, or black warp and weft, with a nice slim fit, nothing too skinny. No nudies though

KMW Context 1980 sounds about right then. They are a really nice fit, too...

Alright guys, I'm taking the dive into Samurai and I'm not exactly sure what to get. I already have a pair of Skull 5507xx and a Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage. Both are 32s. The Nudies fit me pretty slim to my definition--they aren't tight or fitted in the thighs but they're definitely what I'd consider slim. The Skulls fit just a bit slimmer than the Nudies.

I have fairly thick thighs, not HUGE, but I definitely need at least a 12-12.25" thigh to fit me. I'm a fit guy (I wouldn't exactly consider myself skinny since I'm pretty muscular) but I know that I would not look good in something like a Dior 19 cm or a Skull 5010 fit. I really like a slimmer fit than most guys wear with their AE/Hollister/whatever jeans, but I still do not like the SuFu skinny fit.

I'm looking at the S0210XJ, S0110XJ, or a S0500XX. Any advice on what size and what cut I would like best according to what I have?

Alright so i want a pair of jeans thats going to be a slim straight leg, but not too slim. I am fairly thin, so i wouldnt want something that would simply look like a joke on me. I like the look of dior 21cm's, and also pbj 005 fit, so I was thinking maybe i should try the samurai 710's again. The SEXSC sounded like a good slim jean, and i thought if i just did a lukewarm soak on a pair of SEXFH's they would stay a simple slim. I prefer the japanese denim brands, but open to anything. Thanks