THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

startmeup, I'm thinking about doing what you're trying to avoid, that is altering the Eternals to a slimmer fit. I had it done with my EternalxBears and it turned out fine. Check your ideal measurements against somewhere like Bear's and see how much you'd have to take them in. With mine, I did somewhere around an inch and the result was a leg that was slightly looser than my sd-103 with a roomier seat, very nice all around. I'm not sure how it would go if you went more than that, but I figured I'd let you know it can be done successfully.

As far as the comparison to the others, I don't have any first hand experience, but others have said the 811 is very similar to the sd-103, but with a higher rise and the measurements confirm this. I also checked Bear's measurements against my sd-103 and they are very close at the leg opening with the Eternals having a slightly wider thigh by about 1.5 cm. SDA is one of my faves and I reccommend it highly, but there's nothing like Eternal denim which is why I think I'm going to go the alteration route. Good luck.

Get slim jims. Ralphs are a slim cut compared to normal jeans, but not compared to "sufu jeans". the Slim jims are slim straight legs and seem like it'll work better with your wardrobe. Size down 1 and call it a day. No need to soak.

i've been debating between:

apc rescue, nudie straight sven, nudie rrdg, or sugarcane 47's. wish i could buy all of em.

if you're gonna get apc's, new standards fit a lot better in my opinion, after breaking them in theyre not too slim and not too loose. rescues = loose. and i personally dont like nudies at all, there's something about them that really turn me away. so if you ask me, i'd say get the Canes

SC41945 or S0110XJ?

both lee 101b repros i think but sugar cane is liek liek 10k yen cheaper. Any reason I should not go for SC over sammies?

oh and denim weight isnt really a huge deal for me

if you're looking for a more accurate repro of the Lee 101B, then definately go with Sugarcanes. they are probably the best at reproducing vintage classics when it comes to fine details.

check out the details about the SC1945b from historypreservation:

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/detailpop.php?uniqnum=125

I say contest def. I like the slight taper so the lower leg doesn't look baggy.

hahaha the hr 01ak it kind of looks like a girls coin pouch though.. because of the symmetry.

i am now considering the 100 dollar more expensive peacemaker. that thing is bad ass.

got another question for you guys. intiially posted somewhere else but deleted and decided it would be better here:

can someone who is feeling generous help me rate the slimness of the following jeans? ive been trying to figure it out in my head but these measurements make me dizzy..

27 waist diors 19cm vs. 28 waist pbj 005 vs. 27 waist studio d 003s.