THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

apc, new standard

nudie, thin finn

imperial, shearer

samurai, no idea on which model to get at the moment

i can only get 2 by now.. please suggest.

thanks

apc, new standard

nudie, thin finn

imperial, shearer

samurai, no idea on which model to get at the moment

i can only get 2 by now.. please suggest.

thanks

Samurai 0500 or 5000.

samurai 710xx or Flathead F380

Most would assume I'd say the 710's, but I personally prefer the cut on the FH's.

You cant really go wrong with either sams or flat heads. If you want a jean that has an overall slim fit through the thighs with a very slightly tapered leg, get the f380. If you want something a little higher rise and a little roomier in the thighs yet more tapered, get the sams. Good luck.

thanks for all the valuable comment..

yes, i prefer something tight like skinny jeans.

seems like there's lotsa vote goes to samurai and flathead..

will really consider this.

I have been searching for the right size of Samurai S5000vx...think I finally know what'd work....but am also thinking of getting a pair of Sugarcane 1947s. With the Self Edge 17% discount right now, it makes the Canes pretty tempting.

So...hold out for a new pair of Sams from 2nd, or Canes from SE?

hello i've ordered a pair of samuria s0500xx from g-a-r-d-e-n but haven't got in stock they offered me a pair of the steam locomotive d62xx do i wait 6 weeks or so for to get from sam or go for the d62xx i don't know a lot about them?

I don't know anything about those other jawns, but I think people always enjoy seeing new brands around here. If anyone can confirm they don't suck it would be cool to get those. Are they a similar cut?

I put this in superfashion, but I figured why not throw it in here too:

I love herringbone twill, and this Samurai shirt is pretty interesting besides that. The only thing holding me back is the "Canadian tuxedo" thing, wearing a denim top and jeanz. I really do like the shirt, but I'm just not sure if it can be pulled off. Should I do it?!

herring.jpg

Additional detail pics:

http://www.samurai-j.com/web_catalog...2c/detail.html

Thanks guys!

in my opinion, go for it. cos its probably not the same kind of denim thats on your legs. it'll look like just a shirt.

Sorry about the link. Anyways, I already bought it. I just got the last thing I ordered online today (first thing in a while), and now that I remember how satisfying a feeling it is buying/waiting for/receiving something from teh internetz, I bought it, haha.

Another try on the link:

http://www.samurai-j.com/web_catalog/2007winter/jeans/shirts/sos02c/detail.html

My skull 5010xx is ready for a replacement after 1.5 years.

I'm looking for a slimfit (not skinny) japanese pair of jeans.

Any advice? I've been looking at the:

• Samurai S5000
  • PBJ 005
  • Somet 008

I tend to wear sneakers so i don't want to the hem to be too narrow....

The sams will be higher rise, stiffer denim, and not as slim as the others. The pbj's are slim altogether but very straight. If you have large thighs you might not be able to fit them, so i would check. The somets are tapered and will have the slimmest fit out of the 3 below the knee.

SO,

-if you want something with amazing denim and fading properties, while not having the jeans be too slim or low rise, choose the sams

-If you want something super slubby, untapered, and you don't have huge thighs, go for the pbj's.

-If you want something low rise, and slim verging on skinny, get the somets.

I would say to get the pbj's or a pair of samurai 710's. The sams are a tapered slim fit, but they aren't too skinny.

Good luck.