what are you watching today?

red

I forgot how much I liked this film. I don't really think Fonda does a good job but the film itself is so entertaining you forget all of that. It's a shame that Soderbergh doesn't make movies like this or Schizopolis any more.

The Limey, 1999:

600full-the-limey-poster.jpg

I've never seen any Haneke before so I decided it was about time. He's not all what I expected. I thought it was going to be cheap horror and it couldn't have been further from that. I hate to compare anyone to Hitchcock -- and there are clearly MAJOR differences between the two -- but he's clearly influence by the way later Hitchcock engages the audience through cinema. I have to say though I thought Cache was a much better film than Funny Games.

Cache, 2005:

poster_cache1.jpg

Funny Games, 1997:

Funny%25252BGames%25252B-%25252BJuegos%25252BDivertidos%25252B-%25252BMichael%25252BHaneke%25252B-%25252B1997%25252B-%25252BPoster005.jpg

^This was on TV when I was up late one night. Never heard of it before. So awesome... Can't rep.

Also, love me some Haneke, weinfeld, seen all his films (can't rep).

Also, also, a lot of people didn't like O Brother but I personally feel it's one of the Coen bros' best, and their best comedy after The Big Lebowski (can't rep).

After those Haneke films I decided it was time for a little lighter fare. This is definitely not on my top list (I don't really like comedies) but it always pleases. Pretty solidly entertaining.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986:

197367.1020.A.jpg

Guess I couldn't stay away from Haneke type movies after-all. Too bad this really has nothing going for it. It seems like the writer just saw a bunch of classic suspense films and compiled them together. Let's see, they were: The Man Who Knew Too Much ('56); Torn Curtain; Marnie; Frantic; The Bourne Identity. Lame.

Unknown, 2011:

unknown-poster.jpg

le tour de france!

are you seriously watching this ? i was in a bar earlier this afternoon and there was a bunch of old dudes watching the tour de france. only old people watch it actually. it's even more boring than horse races and those old german police tv series.