New Samurai model?

RedHeadedStranger

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame they do all of the cool stuff in the 510 cut instead of the 5000.

I think the 510 is similar to the repro cuts that SC does, which I think I would like, though I can't say from personal experience, since I actually don't own any pairs of Sams in the 510. My gut feeling is that I would like the cut better than the s710 I currently own. I guess I'll find out once I get my hands on either the 21oz or the AI-N.

I think the 510 is similar to the repro cuts that SC does, which I think I would like, though I can't say from personal experience, since I actually don't own any pairs of Sams in the 510. My gut feeling is that I would like the cut better than the s710 I currently own. I guess I'll find out once I get my hands on either the 21oz or the AI-N.

get both get both!!! thats what i did and im planning to get the 21oz. s5000vx too! hahahah

I don't get the 21oz obsession. I'm sure the denim will be very nice but it will be so heavy that you really have to be mental to wear it in anything over 70 degrees. I guess they could work as winter jeans or maybe if you ride a motorcycle. Otherwise that shit is just to heavy.

get both get both!!! thats what i did and im planning to get the 21oz. s5000vx too! hahahah

I'd love to, but there's just too many gdmn jeans I want to get and I can't blow my entire clothing fund on just samurai (thought there are any number of people on this thread who have nothing but sams and it would make sense to them). I've still got any number of Sugarcane repros, a pair of SDA, Skulls, Flathead and Fullcount jeans I still want to get in my collection (over the next few years I might add. I ain't Rockefeller). Then there's the Dubbleworks comp, Adsurgo's jean project, various wallets, belts and boots that are still on my list of must haves. So, yeah, space for only one, I'm afraid (and maybe not even one since I got that pair of KMWs yesterday).

I don't get the 21oz obsession. I'm sure the denim will be very nice but it will be so heavy that you really have to be mental to wear it in anything over 70 degrees. I guess they could work as winter jeans or maybe if you ride a motorcycle. Otherwise that shit is just to heavy.

I take it you've never ridden a motorcycle at 3am in the middle of an Australian winter (hey, it might not snow, but minus 3 celcius is pretty cold). It's winter right now and those sexihos are really earning their keep (and so will those 510s if I get them). The more relaxed leg would definitely help in saving my crotch from getting crushed in the crouch.

I've ridden motorcycles in winters that you don't even have in Australia but I personally don't see much use for 21oz jeans besides that. Even the Onis that Poly is talking about don't feel that heavy comparing to 21oz. I really was thinking about getting the 21oz SDA's cause the denim felt so nice but they just felt too heavy for everyday wear. If I would have a motorcycle right now I would get them but I grew out of trying to kill myself.

I've ridden motorcycles in winters that you don't even have in Australia but I personally don't see much use for 21oz jeans besides that. Even the Onis that Poly is talking about don't feel that heavy comparing to 21oz. I really was thinking about getting the 21oz SDA's cause the denim felt so nice but they just felt too heavy for everyday wear. If I would have a motorcycle right now I would get them but I grew out of trying to kill myself.

I only ride my bike to and from work. Just a little 500 twin I use as a commuter. I did all that fast riding/getting speeding tickets when I was younger. The 21ozers are just nicer to wear in the winter time. Walking outside, riding the train. I don't believe that you can have one pair of jeans that you can wear year round (for me, boredom factors in as well). I have my 12-13oz jeans for summer and 17-21oz jeans for winter.

I'n sore about missing out on those SDA d1293s, but from what I heard, the denim's not too different from the Ironhearts. The Samurai 21s are supposedly a thicker version of their 19oz denim.

What... Don't you know that bigger and more is better? Hasn't american culture taught you anything?

i thought i could wear my oni shoai's in the summer, but there is no way i can. not that i can't wear jeans in the summer, but that weight (19oz) is fairly significant compared to 15 or even 17oz. can't wait for the 40oz jeans.

come on gramps. im wearing my 19ozers all summer. well, as of presently, i dont think its as hot as its going to get yet.

I own the 19oz onis shoais and a pair of 21oz iron hearts and I can you right now that my sugarcane okinawas are more insulative than both. The looseness of the weave on the 21oz denim is such that actually wearing them in winter left me feeling COLD. The unevenness in the onis allows plenty of air through. I've worn born in NYC summer heat but I wont wear those okinawas until November, I guarantee it.

I like how the denim looks but I just can't get over the fit. I guess I could downsize but I don't really want to do that. I think I'm just gonna get the S0210XJ when they come out since the fit looks very close to S0500XX

S0210XJ

Is this the name of the new 21oz coming out that you guys are talking about? Also, will the cut be more like the s5000vx or the s0500xx?

^^ are you talking to me?

i thought that the s0110xj already was a 17oz left hand twill denim. what will be the difference then?

so anybody know the name of the new 21oz model that people are talking about? and it will it fit more like the s5000vx or the s0500xx?