Red-Moon Denim.

bahnahnahs

I got a pair of Red Moon jeans in Tokyo last week. They are AWESOME. Super thin and tight. Mine are model #201 and I sized down to 30 (i'm usually a 32 or so). They are one wash (they did not have raw). Sadly, these were the only jeans I bought in Japan. I wanted to buy some Somets, but their shop was not where it is supposed to be (based on the map on their website). Their phone number also didn't work. The Red Moons are basically just like Jean Shop Rockers, but with slubbier denim and a better fit. They both have selvage in the fly, a zipper, lined back pockets, orange pocket (different shade) bags, the same coin pocket (but Red Moon's will actually fit something,) and the rivets are the same (at least the same as my Jean Shops with the crappy rivets).

How much did these run you when you picked them up (would it be better to have someone in Japan pick them up and mail them or order them off the website)? What's the weight of the denim feel like? Do you have any sense of how they are going to wear in? Do they feel like they're going to stretch much?

And are the ones on the website raw or one-wash?

sorry for the outpouring of questions!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to stop looking at this forum. I can't see stuff like this, very nice. I have some sugarcane '45s on there way to me which I will need to devote some time and effort on those red moons look like too sexy of a distraction.

Keep a post going on how those age serge. I am sure I am not the only one interested.

• 3 weeks later...

So that I don't have to repeat myself:

'm still curious about these jeans, so I have a couple questions - hoping you'll have answers!

1. do they make raw, or just one-wash? (will they still wear well if one wash?)

2. how thick are they?

3. how do they seem to be wearing so far?

4. do you have any idea how much shipping would be to either the US or Brazil? I can not figure out their website!

1. Mine are one wash, I don't know if they make raw. Of course they will wear if they are one-wash

2. I think they are about 12.5-13 oz

3. Don't know because I am breaking in a different pair right now.

4. I don't know, I just paid $35 for my Somet's to get here from Japan.

So that I don't have to repeat myself:

'm still curious about these jeans, so I have a couple questions - hoping you'll have answers!

1. do they make raw, or just one-wash? (will they still wear well if one wash?)

2. how thick are they?

3. how do they seem to be wearing so far?

4. do you have any idea how much shipping would be to either the US or Brazil? I can not figure out their website!

1. Mine are one wash, I don't know if they make raw. Of course they will wear if they are one-wash

2. I think they are about 12.5-13 oz

3. Don't know because I am breaking in a different pair right now.

4. I don't know, I just paid $35 for my Somet's to get here from Japan.

Haha, thanks, I appreciate it!

the hole would be on the upper side, not the lower lined half they have....it's not lined with leather is it?

What's the leather in there for? I didn't really pay attention to the position. Either way it's a good idea. I'm gonna try it out on a pair of my jeans and see how it works out. I love my wallet but really don't want a hole in the pocket from it.

I am pretty sure that these would be able to handle a lot of abuse. I am trying to wear my jeans in hard these days but to not get them as dirty. The zipper is identical to a Scovill Gripper Zipper, so it is definately going to handle some abuse. It is a Universal, I had a pair of Denimes with the same zipper. It is a snap lock type. I am glad these are lighter weight denim because I haven't had any in a long time. Lighter weight denim shows compact creases and abrades easier.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
the Sizing chart for the slim one.

28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36

ウエスト 76cm 81cm 83cm 87cm 87cm 89cm 92cm 98cm

前股上 22cm 22,5cm 23cm 23,5cm 24cm 24,5cm 25cm 26cm

後股上 33cm 33cm 33cm 34cm 34cm 35cm 35cm 37cm

ワタリ幅 25cm 25cm 26cm 26,5cm 27cm 28cm 29cm 30cm

スリ幅 18,5cm 19,5cm 19,5cm 20cm 20cm 20,5cm 21cm 22cm

レングス 84cm 84cm 84cm 84cm 84cm 84cm 84cm 84cm

where did you get these measurements?

im inches from geting some but i cant decide if i want the slim fit or straight leg. cause if these are the one-wash measurements, im going slim. if its the raw measurements ill probably go straight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That's weird... when I do a search for redmoon (red-moon, red moon, w.e..) nothing comes up, but when I search it on google, this thread pops up haha, anyways.. super bump for this thread, I have a pair of RMJ-200 that I will be giving some love after I get them tapered and possibly hemmed, I wonder how serge's pair is doing ;)