how's your edge? sf edition----if you aren't now, you never were

How much sleep do you average?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How much sleep do you average?

• 3 hours (zombie)
    • 5 hours
    • 7 hours
    • 8+ hours (hybernation)

I think it's really funny when high school freshman and sophomores call themselves straight edge.

how so? even if they break then they were doing something good at the time. anytime anyone is trying to better themselves is a good time, especially in highschool. they may be looked at as young and dumb but they're not as dumb as all the other people doing the shit. drinking, smoking, drugs... all that shit is so popular among highschool, especially to the younger ones trying to be cool and fit in with the upper classmen and shit. in no way should it be looked at as funny. its smart. they're smart for bettering themselves. so many people go through so much harm from substance abuse. a ton of people are harmed even by infrequent, social, recreational use.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i agree with adsurgo. like all this bullshit about being straight edge for the rest of your life or whatever is so dumb. the whole point is to better your life, and if you come to a point where being straight edge is nothing but a burder to you, rid of it. why live hating what you are? and anyone that says that crap about not being edge until you're 21, shut up. i mean cmon... how easy is it for ANYONE to get ANYTHING these days. hell, half the time i hear about incidents with kids getting really fucked up and then hurting someone/themselves, parents are the ones supplying the alcohol.

didnt drink at all until i got to college. I was just never in an environment where'd i'd have much access to alcohol and whatnot. Now of course it's much easier in college and so i've indulged myself in it.

I do however love hardcore straight edge bands, and i don't care if me drinking means that i can't listen to them. It's funny how all the kids back home in the scene used to be so adamant about the edge and then all but about 2 of them broke edge. Of course these were like 14-18 year old kids. The amount of SXE merch these kids rocked was just hilarious.

I have a glass of wine or a mixed drink every once in awhile. Not to get drunk, but for the taste. Definitely don't do drugs or smoke, and definitely don't want to listen to hardcore. I'm whatever that is.

edge is past stupid. ill explain why:

just giving it a name is dumb, my mom doesnt drink or smoke, she falls well within the confines of being "edge" but she doesnt give it a name, all that does is give a label to and thus a reason for hating on others, edge kids are brought together by their mutual distaste for anyone else, just like religion in this aspect. as far as bettering ones life, that seems to be true in part because so many edge kids "better" themselves by turning their noses up at anyone who doesnt do like they do, its just another group to join and hate collectively

im not too big of a drinker, dont care for the taste much else than beer to be honest, much rather prefer being stoned over drunk, and on that note, drug addiction is certainly a bad thing, but if one singles out weed as they often do when he says "drugs" then hes just horribly mistaken, im active and in near perfect health, keep a part time job, and go to school where i maintain a cumulative 4.0 gpa, this on top of smoking about every other day avg. so just what is it about weed thats so terrible again?

feel free to disagree. i havent seen any black hoodies with the words "kill your local straight edge kid" so im sure youll be fine.

I drink way too often (not really too much...but I can handle a shitload of booze) but its only because if I gave it up my social life would be ZERO. Id do anything for wholesome sober fun but I guess everyone else is over that shit. Sorry to my liver in advance. We arent on speaking terms right now.

i tried to claim it in highschool. lasted till my senior year when i was grounded, bored at home, and my little brother was smoking weed outside. i smoked. that was it.

if its your thing, more power to you. i have bad memories of the more hardcore sxe kids beating people up or maceing homeless guys for smoking cigs or drinking. i hope none of you here are those types of assholes.

edge is past stupid. ill explain why:

just giving it a name is dumb, my mom doesnt drink or smoke, she falls well within the confines of being "edge" but she doesnt give it a name

This is why I think it's funny when high school freshman or sophomores call themselves straight edge. There are so many people within their age groups that don't abuse anything besides caffeine, if that, and if he or she falls under almost any label of "alternative," they're lauded for their "edge."

when I was fourteen-ish I was online about four hours a day at magic: the gathering message boards.

I didn't alcohol or cigarettes or pot

did that make me straight edge?

were you really or is this a joke, if so i want to ask you a million questions!

fuck sxe. hardline til death!!! you may ask 2 questions only.

i always put leather garment consumers into the worst waywt thread.

I'm smoking a gauloise and drinking an excellent glass of Lagavulin 16 y/o as I'm reading this thread....

Every time I think latin and anglo-saxon culture are not that different I'll read something like this and be "They do what!!!???"

Every time I think latin and anglo-saxon culture are not that different I'll read something like this and be "They do what!!!???"

funny cause i was soooooo thinking the same thing while i read this thread. i just cannot imagine seeing something like this here....

for me tonight, a Mild 7 light, some Sleeman ( i know, i know, but the 12 pack was just 13$ and i'm really broke) and soon a blunt in front of some movie...

i'm jealous about your wine though, time to go eat at the parents real soon i think...

good call on the Lagavulin

on yet another tip, Cherry 7Up and La Aroma de Cuba double corona...

I can't vouch for the cherry 7up, it's one of those acquired tastes, but cigars are pretty enjoyable from time to time.

funny cause i was soooooo thinking the same thing while i read this thread. i just cannot imagine seeing something like this here....

for me tonight, a Mild 7 light, some Sleeman ( i know, i know, but the 12 pack was just 13$ and i'm really broke) and soon a blunt in front of some movie...

i'm jealous about your wine though, time to go eat at the parents real soon i think...

nothing wrong with a couple of beers followed by a joint, who doesn't love that (well aside from those straigh-edge people).

Lagavulin=scotch