Bicyclettes

canice

No not sure why I got the tear, I was riding on flat new asphalt. Ya I don't have a patch kit either, just going to get one of those since the tire is still fairly new. Is it hard to patch, I've never done it? Wait can you patch the tire and just replace the tube or am I being retarded?

Thanks

For safety reason get a new tyres and tube....but is it a huge tears??

No not sure why I got the tear, I was riding on flat new asphalt. Ya I don't have a patch kit either, just going to get one of those since the tire is still fairly new. Is it hard to patch, I've never done it? Wait can you patch the tire and just replace the tube or am I being retarded?

Thanks

patches are for the tube..

i've used the same tire through many a flat, but some people like to buy new tires when they get minor holes in them...

only time i buy a new tire is when the tube bulges out of the skid patch hole..

in case you dont know how to patch:

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/how-to-repair-a-bicycle1.htm

never really seen a patch used for the tire..

although i have seen a tube with over 16 patches..

alright guys. i have an NJS-approved Kashimax FG-8P saddle. it's got a 30mm rail width so it ONLY FITS ON seatposts that accept 30mm rail saddles or seatposts that are NJS-approved. i made the mistake of buying this with my standard rail width seatpost so i've been using a cheap $20 saddle ever since and i've had this thing sitting around for about a month. i'll let it go for $110 shipped.

saddle.jpg

backofsaddle.jpg

Thanks

Do you have rim tape?

Its fairly easy to patch. Sand it down a bit, apply the goo, then put on the patch and let it sit.

Check your tires. If youve been riding for a while with the same tires, of course they wear down. Making it easier for glass chards to get in. Not saying thats the case, but for future references.

OR your tube couldve been put in incorrectly, and yea. Theres a lot of different factors, you just gotta play around with it.

It's about 1/4 inch

I cbf patching i know its easy i am just too lazy....might as well spend a few bucks and get a new tube. If the cut is at the front end swap it to the back. SKID like u dont even care bout the tyres or go to a skid comp. and Get new tyres :D

I'm in tokyo till december and i've been trying to find a fixie somewhat cheap but its impossible. Dont' they sell used bikes here?

You got options. My route was the expensive one. I've worked a lot over summer break so i had the money, and figuring I might as well take advantage of being in japan and pick up shit i can't get in the us for cheaper/easier I ended up going with NJS frame, gran compe wheels/hubs, sugino cranks, dura ace cogs, mks pedals straps cages and nitto handles.

Finding used frames isn't too hard if you look. I got really lucky cause Carnival in shibuya/harajuku had just gotten a decent number of nice quality bigger frames in one time when i went to look so i bit the bullet on that. 45,000 yen for a near new vivalo frame with a cosmetic dent on the frame. Then for parts, like i mentioned, i went with stuff that isn't as easy to get in the us, like the gran compe wheelset.

If you wanted, you can go pick up a fuji track bike for 38,000 yen or so, which is pretty damn cheap to fuck around on. But if you're only here for a bit, pick up something that will be "special" when you get back. It should cost you about 10,000 yen or so to ship back ot the us, so keep that in mind.

Carnival is pretty cool and Hal lived in the PAC NW, so I can support that. I got everything else at the proteck aoyama store, which had pretty amazing service. Built everything up same day, and since i wanted to pick it up that night, but had to work until late. One dude ended up hanging around for like an hour and a half after they closed (granted he was doing some work stuff too) so that I could get it and he could make adjustments for me if i needed.

If you end up getting one let me know.

even more uncomfortable than a brand new brooks?

i flopped my stem weeks ago to test comfortability and it was great--not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but comfortable! i flopped it back last night and it was a lot harder to skid and less comfortable, but looks a lot better...

just thought i'd share.

So Monster Track is a massive alleycat race? It takes part right in the middle of the day making it insane to navigate where your going?

monster track is a massive alley cat race that loops through manhattan, brooklyn and queens. its basically a 30 mile loop and is fucking intense.

That Freedom Lab video is awesome. I used to be really good at riding my BMX bike backwards (sitting on the handlebars, facing backwards, but peddling forwards). I really need to get a bike so I can start doing fun tricks again.

(I am currently bike-less :()

One of my favorite tricks was hopping over, then sitting on the handlebars while moving. It took awhile to master that one. A bike seat to the back isn't very comfortable...

tightening a headset isnt that hard. just make sure you have atleast one real headset wrench to tighten and hold the adjustable cup. for the top nut you can just use a regular adjustable wrench.

for the creaks, you can check sheldon browns page on the issue: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/creaks.html.

i also had the same problem and you can solve it by check your bike in this order (easiest to hardest): pedals (regrease threads and tighten), chainring bolts (regrease threads and tighten), cranks (reinstall), bottom bracket (tighten cups or rebuild and reinstall).

i was about to rebuild my bottom bracket when i realized that i hadn't checked my pedals. after tightening it up, my bike ran nice and quiet, except for the drive train. i need to get a EAI or Dura Ace cog with an izumi chain. get that shit to run silent. anyone here use the izumi model-v chain? i hear thats a bomb chain, but i'm thinking there are other, cheaper, but still silent chains out there.

the quest for the silent bike!

Fuck me i need to tighten my headset/fork. it's bothering the hell out of me. and i get weird creaking noises when pedaling. damnitt

Headset will be easy to tighten. No worries

Creaking noise..ur u tight ur cup toooo tight? so the bearing grindsssss??

Tightened my headset...I guess I didn't pull the fork in high enough when tightening the ring (I have a threaded).

As far as creaking goes, I can't tell what it's from..I need to run it by the co-op on campus. I have a sealed cartridge bb..it still may be cuz i'm using the suntours w/ a shimano bb, not sure.

Tightened my headset...I guess I didn't pull the fork in high enough when tightening the ring (I have a threaded).

As far as creaking goes, I can't tell what it's from..I need to run it by the co-op on campus. I have a sealed cartridge bb..it still may be cuz i'm using the suntours w/ a shimano bb, not sure.

I used to run cup and cone..now i run seal catridge bb.....If u get the right sealed bb is less hassle. Good Luck with that =)

If u seriously have trouble I am sure u can get a suntour spindal off LBS and get cup and cone.

Cheers,

Dub.

Yeah it's possible. I've done it. Use screwdrivers or anything pointy/metal/long but be careful when putting in the new tube.

Levers just make it a whole lot easier.

I've used brute force as well, which hurt like a bitch and I got a few pieces of the metal threads in my thumb that took a while to get out..