Bicyclettes

canice

Mine is coming in sometime this week. Me very very excited.
yay my bag came in today. it's pretty cool. It's my first real messenger back so I am not used to how it fits on my back, yet.

Where do you guys/girls keep your U-Lock (if you use one)? I typically put it in my back pocket but then it gets a little hard to sit on the seat. I want to make myself a type of holster for it, maybe..

you see the velcro strap built into the shoulder strap of the bag? peel it back and velcro the u inside there. you can also throw a cell phone holster under that thing as well.

wish i coulda gone :[ still rebuilding my bike and waiting for my back wheel.. repainted my frame too.. ill post a pic when im done.

Hey I read on some bike shops website that was selling deep v's that you can use a brake on the anodized colors without the rim being machined as opposed to the paint ones where they need to be machined, can anyone else confirm this? Whats the appeal of deep v's the aesthetic or are they actually a good rim for the price? I am trying to figure out what makes a good rim any help?

Thanks

velocity make great rims. Deep vs are a very asenthic choice, but they are an awsome rim for the street, because of the thickness rim it is a little smoothier. They are also slighty aero. Also they roll a little easier, because of the weight.

never brake on a painted surface, you can! but you will get ugly streaks,

Looking to build my own fixed gear and am starting to look for parts...

I'm stumped at the frame though...all I've found so far is IRO stuff, particularly the Mark V (cause it's the cheapest)...Anywhere else you guys can point me to?

I'm looking to do this on somewhat of a budget...don't want to spend more than $400-$500, if it can be done.

tahnkkzzz.

Looking to build my own fixed gear and am starting to look for parts...

I'm stumped at the frame though...all I've found so far is IRO stuff, particularly the Mark V (cause it's the cheapest)...Anywhere else you guys can point me to?

I'm looking to do this on somewhat of a budget...don't want to spend more than $400-$500, if it can be done.

tahnkkzzz.

Get a Kilo TT

the mercier kilos are like $250 right now... super cheap and will let you decide if you like riding fixed without dropping a ton of dough.

There is no reason to choose a deep rim aside from looks.

False. Deep V rims hold aero properties and are much stiffer and stronger than other builds.

Thanks for all the responses regarding the deep v's. I was looking for a rim that would be tough and reasonably light, would deep v's be a good choice or what else would you guys recommend. I would just get black v's so I don't really care about flashy stuff.

Thanks

I'd like to know as well..Only reason I want the Deep V's is I know they can take a beating..