Bicyclettes

canice

How is it that everyone cheats? Its a bike race, isn't it fastest wins?

Is it possible to switch a tire without levers I don't have mine with me and don't want to buy another set?

if you dust your tubes in baby powder, it makes it very easy to slip the tire onto the wheel without a lever.

Fuck me i need to tighten my headset/fork. it's bothering the hell out of me. and i get weird creaking noises when pedaling. damnitt

Do you have all the original shit on? I took mine apart a year ago when I didn't know how to fix bikes up. I took the fucking fork off and I forgot the order of the shit & it really fucked it up. It was one of the dumbes things I did because I had to allign these 3 pieces and I was so fucking sick of it and wanted to bike I just put it in and screwed the fork up and the fucking shit fell apart on me. It sucked. I learned that part of my problem was I threw away a piece of plastic because it made it to hard for me.

Currently training with some of my buddies who are messengers to become a messenger here in london

been riding fixed a while...

sold my bike due to debts

now gunna build up something like this

thinking of an njs frame... yes im a njs whore.... or maybe cop something simple and italian and get it powdercoated....

who knows n e way

THEBIKE.jpg

Help me supertalk pals-- I want to start a track bike project, but don't have too much cash. I was sifting thru craigslist and saw this guy adverting a home-built bike. I understand the big picture; a Nikishi chro-mo (supposed to be light? right? or is that bullshit?) frame, etc. but the details are confusing as shit! I've done a little research but there's no real good "track bike buying guide" so I'm enlisting you guys to help! Please?

"FRAME--lugged Nishiki oversized Tange chromo tubeing (Measures 24" (61cm) from the center of the BB to the center of the Top Tube. 34" standover height) This is a relatively light and very strong Frame with horizontal dropouts. It was originally hot pink but now is a stealth ultra flat black, I'll include a can of it for touch ups. Flat black has been clinically proven to be "invisible" to thieves**

- Suntour Cyclone cranks and brakes

- Shimano UN-72 BB (Sealed Bearing Bottom Bracket)

- oversized BMX platform pedals

- QBP 48-tooth chainring

- REAR END--Recently shop-rebuilt sunrims sw-6000 wheel with Sovos hub (12t track cog on the fixed side with 14t Dicta Freewheel on the other) Fresh Panaracer Stradius rear tire. Standard Track Bolts.

- FRONT END--Mavic XP-21 aero rim with Shimano ultegra hub, Quick release skewer, Straight and true, the Serfas Seca tire probably could use replacement soon. (I'll throw in a used Michelin if you don't dick around with price too much; I might be persuaded to throw in a pair of silver Zefal fenders as well)

- Modolo stem.

- Nitto Moustache handlebars with BMX brake levers. brand new cork grip tape."

^^ That's the whole dealyo. I know I'm a total bike n00b etc etc but the truth is I actually ride every day I just don't know too much about the technical side of things. I can repair a tire, clean my chain etc. etc., but this shit has me lost! So tell me guys, is this worth 400 bucks? Or would I be wasting my money? I eventually want to add better wheels, and improve shit like that, but would this make a good starter, and something to just ride around on before I can upgrade my parts?

thanks eg

thanks sufu

^ to paraphrase:

decent vintage frame with mostly doodoo parts. that bike is absolutely not worth $400. plus, that is a 61, which is huge.. for like someone that is 6'3-6'4.

if you want a really good starter frame for the cash, get a mercier kilo from bikes direct for $350 shipped. you're shorter, right? if you can ride a 50, they have those in stock. you can upgrade parts and try out different setups as you go, but you'll have a decent and reliable bike off the bat, not some dodgy rebuilt bike.

just buy a black set and paint them... not worth the extra $$ for the factory powdercoated ones.

definitely..

278991153.jpg

the only difficulty i had painting mine was the irritating ass lil fucking bugs that land on the fresh paint and get stuck -_- then have take those bitches out and coat again..

other than that, i'd say its easy.. and you can come out with something dope, like the cadence one i saw a while back, but it disappeared :[ i cant find it on the web anymore..

also make sure you know whats up with the paint u use..

i thought of doing that..

like all around on the brake surface, like a blingy watch n shit haha..

but the novelty would've worn off after a week or so heh..

does there happen to be a pic? i wasn't really serious about doing it to mine but the thought at the time was funny. i'd like to see how ur roommates turned out.

damn man haha first - what's up with your fork?

if you're still tryna get that straightened, i seen a carbon one for $60 at boxdog in the used bins...

still waiting on my deepv :[ prowheelbuilder is lagsauce..

The only thing aerospokes are good for are looking a like a fucking fraggle, especially when theyre on your otherwise stock pista.

fragglespoke huh.

281810726.jpg

haha yeah.. i'd rock that..:cool: