Bicyclettes

canice

Pedal threads just totally stripped out on my fixies cranks :( Anyone got a link to a cheap pair that won't fall apart in three months? Bottom bracket is fine.

Picking up a Specalized P series for when I head out west. Took one for a test ride and love it; it's like a BMX on PCP

p1vn3.jpg

p1vn3.8e9e05c342.jpg

What's the benefit of upgrading a headset? The one I originally put was a quite cheep one. I don't understand the expense of a Chris King headset, other options that are less expensive? Thanks

Chris King headsets are some of the best headsets around. Your paying for durability and quality.

just went browsing on craiglist

worth it??

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/684576674.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/685476937.html

or just shit

checking out my bike store this week for estimates see what they got

The first bike doesn't seem to be worth its asking price. The size is really small and the parts on it (cranks, pedals, wheels) aren't too good.

The bike in the second link doesn't seem too bad though.

By the way, does anybody know if this bike is worth it's asking price?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bik/686731781.html

Chris King headsets are some of the best headsets around. Your paying for durability and quality.

Alright I understand paying for its durability but what makes it have a higher quality? I am not trying to argue just that it seems quality is a fairly loose term.

like phil wood, chris king's quality control is air tight. the headsets are made from premium materials and all glide on sealed bearings, minimizing if not negating the need for the amount of maintenance you'd have to give to a loose ball. i'm relatively new to the serious bike game, but my uncle's had one of his headsets for over 15 years on a downhill racing bike. THEY JUST WON'T DIE!

more like, oh fuck, give me an hour to rip this thing off, patch, and re glue, and somehow trust the re glue enough to ride home. call a friend is more like it.

More like you're full of shit...

Tubs are a lot less likely to flat than cinchers (high pressure+no pinch flats), and you can ride home on the flat or wherever if you dont have a spare with you...

And if you have a spare, which you should, it should take no more than 5 minutes to rip that shit off and regule.

Tubulars are whats up if you know/care enough about your bike. The only negative thing about them is the somewhat skimp selection of rims and tires out there.

as long as were on sizing, what size frame would I need at 6'00" and just under a 34" inseam measured using the method from http://www.cbss.ca/Custom.htm ?

they say 59, but how far up or down could I go reasonably?

i'd say 59 is about perfect, you could go down to a 58 and you can absolutely go up to around a 62, any smaller than 58 and you'll probably have like a foot of seatpost and toe overlap (if it's a track frame). it all depends on how you want to be positioned on the bike, a larger bike will give you more room and keep you stretched out, while a smaller frame will handle a bit faster and put more of your weight over the bars (which i like better)

like phil wood, chris king's quality control is air tight. the headsets are made from premium materials and all glide on sealed bearings, minimizing if not negating the need for the amount of maintenance you'd have to give to a loose ball. i'm relatively new to the serious bike game, but my uncle's had one of his headsets for over 15 years on a downhill racing bike. THEY JUST WON'T DIE!

Thanks ML, so I guess a $150 headset that could last 15 years would be worth it.

Hamburglar, details on that bike? Possible better pictures?

as long as were on sizing, what size frame would I need at 6'00" and just under a 34" inseam measured using the method from http://www.cbss.ca/Custom.htm ?

they say 59, but how far up or down could I go reasonably?

i'd say 59 is about perfect, you could go down to a 58 and you can absolutely go up to around a 62, any smaller than 58 and you'll probably have like a foot of seatpost and toe overlap (if it's a track frame). it all depends on how you want to be positioned on the bike, a larger bike will give you more room and keep you stretched out, while a smaller frame will handle a bit faster and put more of your weight over the bars (which i like better)

really? im also at 6 even and a 56 seems just about perfect for me. i wouldnt want to go any taller than a 58 tops i think.

I've had 3 Chris King head sets, all which have cracked. They offer a warranty, but you have to have a back up because it takes at least 2 months to process!

Just put this together:

i293yc.jpg

28slaop.jpg

I fucking love this chainring.

ir2nmq.jpg

I am going to start cleaning it up, with wild style's old guide. Definitely going to build up some new wheels, maybe keep the old hubs.

Mercier frame, 53

Stronglight cranks, bb, headset, seatpost

Cinelli bars/stem

Normandie hubs w/ mavic rims

Pedal threads just totally stripped out on my fixies cranks :( Anyone got a link to a cheap pair that won't fall apart in three months? Bottom bracket is fine.

Picking up a Specalized P series for when I head out west. Took one for a test ride and love it; it's like a BMX on PCP

p1vn3.jpg

p1vn3.8e9e05c342.jpg

That jumper is awesome. I want to build one up :/

Anyone interested (or know someone) in a 49cm Kona Paddy Wagon frame/fork/headset? It's the 2008, grey color scheme. PLEASE BUY THX