Bicyclettes

canice

How much did you end up paying for the polish frameset?

$350

The wheelbase is so fucking short it's crazy. Plus side is it should be helpful for seattle hills.

Also, it's a fucking wheelie machine. Took it for a really short spin today (chain too long = track nuts barely in the dropouts=scary), and it's a fucking wheelie monster. I could never hold wheelies on my Vivalo, but this bike is kind of like 'pull up lightly, lean back a bit, and ride the fuck out of it'.

That broakland bike looks badass. Main diference being oversized/curved tubing, and mine is pursuit geometry.

i bought a mercier kilo tt recently, and i don't think it comes with any brakes. here's where i got it from: http://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm. can anyone recommend a set of front and rear or maybe just front brakes (my sensibility and my vanity are still working that out)? without any knowledge of brake pricing, i would like something average but not amazing (i did get a kilo tt afterall), and my range is probably around $50. thanx doodz

if you want to save cash, just pickup a shimano 105 brake on ebay.

anyone know a good online place for fixed gear bicycles?

im not looking for the best of materials but a good start in bicycles.

i've only used store bought bicycles before so im a total noob at this (stores like target / walmart / etc)

im looking at about 150-400 ish to spend

i've only used store bought bicycles before so im a total noob at this (stores like target / walmart / etc)

same here.

http://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm is the best complete fixed gear in that range

2rohq2x.jpg

worth $75?

"FOR SALE IS THIS NICE MENS VINTAGE BIKE. THE SCHWINN WORLD TOUR. BIKE IS 34 1/2" STAND OVER HEIGHT.STRAP ON PEDALS,NICE SEAT,GREAT BRAKES,GOOD TIRES,SUN TOUR DERAILLERS,SMOOTH RIDE."

no i got mine for $5 from some kid who was looking for a back wheel and i am currently turning it into a fixed gear.

i think this is the same bike

2445100730_527f4fa570.jpg

oh and do you know how old these bikes are?

it depends on if you are going to ride it as it is, because mine had a couple of problems with the shifting levers and the breaks were really weird. these bikes are old and a newer one would be nice.

but if you are going to turn it into a fixie like i am then go for it 100%. it will cost probably $120-$180 for everything you need including bullhorn bars for me.

but just to ride as is it would be smarter to buy a brand new road bike in my opinion. but do what you want!

so you wouldn't say it would be worth $75 to buy it?

Not in my opinion. I'm sure you could find something better for the same price if you wait long enough. Sometimes you can find steals on Craigslist, so good luck!

2rohq2x.jpg

worth $75?

"FOR SALE IS THIS NICE MENS VINTAGE BIKE. THE SCHWINN WORLD TOUR. BIKE IS 34 1/2" STAND OVER HEIGHT.STRAP ON PEDALS,NICE SEAT,GREAT BRAKES,GOOD TIRES,SUN TOUR DERAILLERS,SMOOTH RIDE."

Depends where you are. Bikes are generally worth more in big cities. I'd say it was worth it in LA, where even in Goodwill bikes are at least $40 and you rarely find a decent one.

oh i remember where i saw that from..

i added it on velospace like almost a year ago or something..

http://velospace.org/node/2550

checkit

hh.jpg

mmhmm.

i kinda fell in love with it cuz i've always wanted a gt pulse or gtb, but i'm too short for either :[ </3